“Food made me sick” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Food made me sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Owner does not know how to run a business and lies about refunding food that makes people sick. Will never go there again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Worst Customer Service Experience of My Life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ordered takeout here and the food I received was not what was listed on the menu. I have a food allergy and became sick after a couple of bites of what I ordered. When I called to confirm the ingredients, they said I could come in with the rest of my uneaten food for a refund.

After going back to the restaurant, I approached the counter with my receipt, card, and uneaten food. The owner barely glanced at what I brought back before saying NO, a refund would not be issued. The chef came out and began YELLING AT ME along with the owner. I tried to calm them down, but they continued to talk over me. The owner said because I had eaten TWO BITES of my food, they could not return it. For the next 10 minutes, I tried to negotiate a full refund. The owner (who refused to give her name to me) said the best she could do was give me half a refund since I had touched my food.

She threatened to call the cops and taunted me when I said I would dispute the charge with my credit card, saying she would just call the cops in that case (which makes no business sense anyway!). I went home in tears and my husband tried to resolve the issue on the phone with them. He also found them belligerent and could not get a word in edgewise.

I then called my credit card company who got them on the line to clear up the matter. After a few minutes, the owner (who again refused to give her name to my credit card representative) HUNG UP ON THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY!!! They will end up losing 20+ years of business from us for their incredible lack of business sense when it comes to food allergies. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere else for Thai.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Davie, Florida
“Wonderful housemade Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have enjoyed lunch and dinner there several times. The housemade spring rolls are divine. Their special pad Thai is great, as advertised. And they have the best dessert - fried bananas and ice cream. Yum. We highly recommend this local, family-owned place. Looking forward to returning soon.

Cooper City, Florida
“Hidden gem in Davie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in the Davie/Cooper City area for many years and I have always just driven past this restaurant. This has been my loss. The service is great and the food delicious. The Beef Satay was devine and the Chicken Curry was simply delicious. We have found our local Thai place.

“Great little place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

First time trying this place after driving by for years. The food is delicious, service is good. I would definitely come back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bangkok Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bangkok Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.