“meh :(” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 212 Restaurants in Davie
Plantation, Florida, USA
“meh :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I hate leaving bad reviews. We went with the in-laws for a late breakfast. They were in town visiting and I thought based on all the great reviews kristoffs would be a solid choice and I could impress them with my restaurant selection. The stuffed strawberry French toast wast pretty good but far from great or amazing as described by other yelpers. The kristoffs scramble initially sounded great at first glance but our server clarified the delicious sounding list of fillings was limited to only three. Our other choices were the 222 combo and a western omelet. All were ok and edible. The problem is nothing stood out. Nothing was special. Frankly, I can make a better omelet and tastier potatoes. In fact, mine are significantly better and this is why I was disappointed. I dine out for meals the better then I can make at home. Not the case here. In kristoffs defense, we late-ish for breakfast. I asked if it was cool to order breakfast as late as we were and our server assured us there was no problem. I wasn't impressed with the food. The service was great everyone was super friendly and helpful. They were very patient with my in-laws who don't speak English. At the end of the day it's about the food for me and kristoffs isn't anything to rave about.

Visited August 2014

Fort Lauderdale
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went to Kristof's for the first time with friends and I was pleasantly surprised. The Cafe is in a shopping center and looks kind of small from the outside but, there were plenty of tables and booths. We hadn't seen each other in a long time so kept talking instead of looking at the menu but our waitress was so patient with us. We finally all ordered the meatloaf and when it was served, the veggies were so salty they were not edible. She quickly got us a new batch which were perfect. After we were done with our meals, we again sat for a long time and she patiently kept checking with us to see if we wanted anything else. I would go back again just because of the service. There were plenty of items on the menu to pick from too. I understand from my friends that breakfast is really awesome at Kristof's so I might have to make a trip back there to try it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Davie
“Great Fresh Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is a locally owned restaurant. All meals are made to order with fresh ingredients and friendly service. The place is very clean and comfortable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plantation, Florida
“Incredible breakfast foods!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love Kristof's -- simple good food. Atmosphere is good...homey and very consistent. They have specials that are yummy and seasonal. Breakfast is wonderful here (always a wait on Sunday mornings) but usually not too busy and just as good for lunch. It's not fast food but homemade goodness.

Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious Splurge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

word of mouth made it to my ears, so I decided to try the much talked about Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. It's all true, generous portion (enough to share ) challah bread coated with crumbled frosted flakes , and stuffed with fresh strawberries and sweetened cream cheese. absolutely delicious just the way it is, no syrup needed.
the restaurant and bathrooms were very clean and friendly staff. the cost was $9 and coffee for $2 . also tried the Reubin sandwich which is better quality than most of the local restaurants however they should slice the beef thinner ( in my opinion ) .
I will defiantly try kristofs again.

• Visited June 2014