You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Edmonton, Canada
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We very much enjoyed our one night stay before boarding a cruise. We opted for the unusual "two-room suite" which was really just 2 of their normal rooms with the adjoining wall removed in the middle. The two headboards were back-to-back and separated by a wall, but it's not truly 2 separate rooms. It was amazing to have 2 separate bathrooms and kitchenettes though. The hotel was quiet and the breakfast was a great way to start our day. Nobody in my party had any complaints.

We didn't use the gym equipment, but it was very plentiful and housed in a large room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments and suggestions with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed for 10 days from the UK, and generally had a very good stay. The breakfast hostess Michelle is a good laugh and was always cheery and running around during breakfast. The hot food could be better but the pancake machine was a great addition to the experience. The staff are without a doubt a big asset - Mischa at the front desk was really helpful and arranged us shuttles and taxis when we frequently had to go places as we weren't hiring a car. Joe who drove us around a lot was also a great help to us. They took very good care of us overall and the housekeeping staff did a superb job.

The only negatives I have are that I couldn't get connected to the wi-fi on floor 4 for more than 2 minutes at a time on several devices (a tablet and 2 phones) and this was one of the most important aspects of my visit. Luckily, there are 2 PCs downstairs with a printer to use, so I was quite happy with this. The only other thing was the bathroom extractor and hairdryer which didn't work - we asked about this and apparently they had disabled the extractor fan because guests complained about the noise. I hate wet bathrooms and the door got dripping wet when anyone had a shower or bath.

Overall I'd still say I enjoyed my stay and would return if I needed to go back to Davie. :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We are sorry about the issues you had with the wi-fi. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We went to breakfast at 8:30 and Michele was scurrying around filling up trays of food and made an announcement to let us know that if she wasn't in the room she was in the back preparing more food. She told us what the selections were for that morning and to let her know if we needed anything. She cheerfully greeted the guests, gave directions to a store nearby, and remained very upbeat even though she was only half way thru the breakfast rush! Michele was awesome and we appreciate her enthusiasm for her work!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments with Michelle. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale/Davie area, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I' m a Platium member of the Holiday Inn loyality club. This means that I have the opportunity to eat alot of breakfast at their propoperties, across the country. For the last 2 mornings, I've had the pleasure of observing Michele, breakfast host. She greets everyone with a kind word and a BIG, INVITING Smile. All properties could benifit from having Michele greeting and serving people, as a GREAT way to start their day off ! I'll be back to this hotel, as a result of Michele and her warm friendly winning ways !

Mickey Morton

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thanks for the great comments on Michelle.We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
Bremen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Room was nice big and clean. Good location on the highway and easy to find on google maps. . The airco was not 100% though so they should have a look into that. Breakfast was very nice and we thanks Michele for that. ..........................

Stayed January 2014
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate to see the issue with the ac prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the great score for the Service you received. We have shared your comments with the Michelle. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to serving you in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I really looked for things to brag about this hotel, however I could not. I stayed here for 31 days and It was horrid from the start. On my first night I went to the desk asking for a razor as I forgot mine at home. I was informed that they did not keep these items for guests, even tho the sign in the room said they do (see pic). It was all downhill from there. Housekeeping was flawed (pics) and the room itself is in bad shape. This hotel use to be a Comfort Inn and in all honesty it should go back to that low quality brand. I really hope IHG steps in and does something about this poorly run hotel. I asked the desk for the GM's card as I wanted to voice my issues to him, come to find out he does not even have a business card and the desk clerk wrote his name on a sheet of scrap paper. I have NEVER known a GM not to have a card. The area is sketchy at best and if I would have been able to chose I would have stayed elsewhere.

The only saving grace was 2 of the hotels staff. Robert in Manint. and Lauren at the desk, they really stood out and made sure we were taken care of. The rest of the staff was pleasant but did not go above and beyond the meet our needs.

Overall a huge disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your comments. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area, as you can see by our other reviews.
Again, thank you and safe travels.
Glendora, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express the night prior to my cruise. The front desk staff were very helpful and were able to answer all of my questions regarding transportation to the port. Getting the shuttle from the airport was a little confusing because the usual van was in for repairs so they were using a van that was labeled with another hotel name, once I got picked up the shuttle driver was helpful and friendly. The shuttle to the port was on time and reasonably priced. My king suite was very comfortable and large. The breakfast had a lot of variety of cold and hot foods. The only drawback is that there is no restaurant on site which would be nice after a long day of travel. However there is a Waffle House next door that I walked to.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!