You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Saved the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

i thought all breakfasts were the same at these hotels, but delicious breakfast with the friendly Michelle was a great start to the day. When I got in late after a horrible flight and rental car experience, Marc's professionalism at the front desk and the bottle of water put me to bed right. Finally, when the internet didn't work for me Mischa at the front desk too care of me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thanks so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We will share all your comments and suggestions with our entire staff. Please come back to visit when visiting Ft Lauderdale, or going on a cruise. We wish you the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my family for the Christmas Holidays..no complaints with respect to our stay..room was as seen and expected.. and cleaned everyday..staff was so nice..breakfast hostess - both women..very nice and helpful..front desk..Marisha if I got spelling correct..always with a bright hello..lovely..in fact all the front desk staff was nice and helpful..shuttle service guy..very helpful..Overall..I booked this hotel online in advance ..bearing in mind..small..convenient location..breakfast included..Excellent when considering..you get what you pay for..not bad at all..I was not disappointed..and leaving this review hoping it can be helpful to another as i would recommend this hotel for someone to stay at..Its convenient depending on your agenda..its decent for what you pay..breakfast included is a nice little extra to get your day started..its a plus to encounter pleasant and helpful staff to make the stay all the more worth it

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to the continued successful delivery of exceptional guest service. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to your future return. Warm regards.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. It was the average Holiday Inn, clean and neat. The front desk personnel were very courteous.

Make sure if you are using their shuttle pickup from the airport to the hotel that you wait at the ground transport pickup that is to the RIGHT of the baggage claim doors. We went to the left, as that was the main and largest area of hotel shuttles, and waited 30 minutes before we found out that there was a second pickup point. This area to the right is not only to the right of the doors, but also a bit "back" from the doors, so that you can't really see the area when you walk out from the baggage claim doors.

I had to call the hotel twice before we figured it out. The front desk people at the hotel need to be sure to ask that questions first when their patrons say they haven't seen the hotel shuttle.

We didn't eat the breakfast, as we wanted to dine at the fine Waffle House, as there are none in northern Indiana.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the hotel's transporation. We take these remarks very seriously and are presently working to ensure this does not happen again. Warm regards!
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here before a cruise--park and cruise pkg. The shuttle driver from the airport to the hotel--Donald--was friendly and helpful! Michsa on the front desk was beyond accommodating and helpful with our requests! Michelle--the breakfast hostess--was also so friendly and helpful, singing her way through the morning rush!! The hotel was clean, updated and spacious in the rooms. The fitness center was also very nice. We would stay here again even though it was a little farther away from the cruise port.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
We are pleased your hotel experience was enjoyable and memorable, and we are pleased that our staff provided you with personalized service.We will ensure they are recognized for going 'over and beyond'! I hope that you and your family will return soon...we enjoy being a part of family memory making. Warm Regards!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had a very long day traveling. It seemed nothing had gone right, from ariving late to miss my flight, to delayed weather pushing my new flight back hours, I was beyond fustrated. Finally I arrive in Fort Lauderdale, and now it was time to find a hotel that was close to the airport because God knows I just wanted to check in and rest..... I started making calls and I was so appauled by how I was greated over the phone, some hotels just answered and put me on hold with out even asking while others just rambled the rates like it was a script they were reading, and than FINALLY I called Holiday Inn Express, I was greated by a very lovely and rather patient woman, by the name of Meesha, I must say, I was very fustrated at this point, she reminded me she was her to assit me and that she will do everything in her power to turn this day around for me.... She went on to give me the rates, which were exrtreamly reasoniable. I opted to secure my room and was praying that the service of the hotel would match Meesha's superior service over the phone. I am very please to say it did. I have since visited this hotel many times since than, as well as given several co workers and bussiness affilates this location in paticulars information due solely on the outstanding service Meesha provided.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Every member of our team truly love their jobs and really enjoy serving our guests in hopes of creating a memorable experience. Thank you for recognizing their efforts especially Meesha's.. They do...because they care. Happy Holidays!
Fairfield, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The continental breakfast was one of the best we have experienced and Michelle was most pleasant. Also, the shuttle drivers (Donald and Robert) made our connections in a timely manner and also were able to advise about eating options in the evening. The room was adequate and the price very comparable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We will make sure to share your comments with our staff at our weekly staff meeting. We wish you the best.
DeLand, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Had reservations for 2 rooms, booked a week in advance. We arrived at 9:30 PM, I paid for my room and the couple we were traveling with paid for theirs. After we check in, the desk clerk informs us that one room is on the 2nd floor and the other is on the 5th. And the elevator is out of service! It's been out all day and a part had to be ordered. My wife is handicapped (well, enough so to have a handicap parking permit) and she has great difficulty climbing stairs. Our companions are in their 70's. We had a long day and weren't about to start hunting for another hotel. Our companions had to lug all their luggage up 5 flights of stairs while my wife climbed to the 2nd floor. I understand that mechanical failures can happen, but they had my cell phone number on the reservation. They couldn't call and let us know that there is no elevator? They wait until AFTER we check in and they take our money to inform us that there is no elevator? They refused to discount our room rate and I asked to speak to the manager. "No manager until 8 AM". At 9 AM, still no manager available and the day clerk only offered to add some points to my IHG rewards. Big deal! This is some terrible customer service. I gave this hotel a good review in the past, but after this, I will spend my hotel money elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
TAManagement, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit, we appreciate the feedback. We are very sorry for the elevator issue, the board that runs the elevator was zapped by an electrical storm. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Sorry that we fell below your expectations. We do strive to be the best in the area. We hope you will give us another chance, when you are in our area again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!