“Michele made the experience great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 Davie Rd., SW 64th Ave., Davie, FL 33317   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Denver, Colorado
“Michele made the experience great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. For the cost, this was a great deal. No restaurant onsite however there was a 24 hr Waffle House right next door. They did have complimentary breakfast and our breakfast hostess Michele made our stay incredible. She is the kind of woman who genuinely loves and takes pride in her job. Every morning we looked forward to breakfast because she put a smile on our faces. You are the BEST!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The breakfast was incredible! Michele was our breakfast hostess during our entire stay. She was very professional and kind. The hotel staff was very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Customer Service was 120%. It's been a while since I have seen EVERY staff member going above and beyond to make everyone's stay the best it could be. My room and the hallway was so quiet. Had I not seen all the cars in the parking lot, I would have thought I was the only one there.

Front Desk: Beginning with a nice goodie bag from the pleasant and accommodating Carlos at the front counter. The others at the front desk that helped me during my 4 day stay, that were pleasant, fast and helping me to get some documents copied or faxed or helping me with the computer room: Micha & Lauren. Also Lola and Lewis were very helpful.

Breakfast: First time I've seen a automatic pancake maker. Food was fresh and dinning area very clean and the hostes, Michelle, was so poistive and friendly. I had the omlettes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy were GREAT (and I was born in the south, so I know good buscuits and gravy when I taste it).

Room: SOOOOOOOO clean and comfortable. It was nice to have REGULAR wodden coat hangers that you could move arround. Nice to have a fridge, sink, microwave, living room area table and chairs and bedroom. Plenty of room for me lay all my piles of paperwork. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom extremly clean. Way to go Ransinta and team.

Great team spirit. Everyone was helping each other. They made it look like a fun place to work.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, facing 84 and I never heard any sounds.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Short and sweet, this hotel offers a great bang for the buck! The rooms are very comfortable. Never heard a peep from people in the halls or through the walls. Bed was the best I have ever slept on. Breakfast buffet puts most to total shame. Staff friendly and personable. The only thing I might critique is the exceptionally slow elevator, but that is simply stretching to find something to whine about...lol.

Location was great, just south of I-595....next to the Florida turnpike and 10 minutes to the airport. Gas station just down the road if you have to fill up before returning your rental. Good eats only a few minutes west on University St.

As someone formerly in the hotel industry, all employees should spend a night at this hotel to see how things should be done.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for my sisters wedding and we had a wonderful stay. From Carlos at the front desk to Michele our breakfast hostess. She was very nice, helpful and kept us laughing. She engaged in conversation and made sure everything was fresh and hot for us. One of the best continental breakfast I've ever had. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a wonderful stay from the girls at the front desk to our breakfast hostess, Michele. The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of towels and wash cloths. The hotel amenities were excellent. We would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I booked this location for easy location to the cruise ports. We stayed here for one night prior to the cruise. We checked in, and the front desk was very nice and considerate. We went up to our room, entered the room, turned on the light. This room had a small refrigerator, sink, (small kitchen area). Lo and behold!! The light we turned on had the roaches on the run. What a deal. We had traveled all day, got in the room and we had this to contend with. I called down to the front desk to report what we had encountered, and asked for a different room. They told me that there wasn't another room available. The parking lot had a lot of empty parking spaces, and it didn't sound right. They sent a maintenance man to spray. Not going to happen. We took our chances with the roaches instead of the smell of spray. We ended up staying, it was too late to leave. Did not spray. We did get a free shuttle to the port the next morning. Normally $9 p/p.

Room Tip: Check rooms before paying.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LM-Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We arecertainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Rest assure that this is taken very seriously and proper measures have been taken to prevent such an incident from happening in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are traveling to Fort Lauderdale again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip was most enjoyable.

Brandon Fragale, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!