“More than expected” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Davie
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“More than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Short and sweet, this hotel offers a great bang for the buck! The rooms are very comfortable. Never heard a peep from people in the halls or through the walls. Bed was the best I have ever slept on. Breakfast buffet puts most to total shame. Staff friendly and personable. The only thing I might critique is the exceptionally slow elevator, but that is simply stretching to find something to whine about...lol.

Location was great, just south of I-595....next to the Florida turnpike and 10 minutes to the airport. Gas station just down the road if you have to fill up before returning your rental. Good eats only a few minutes west on University St.

As someone formerly in the hotel industry, all employees should spend a night at this hotel to see how things should be done.

Room Tip: This is a non smoking hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for my sisters wedding and we had a wonderful stay. From Carlos at the front desk to Michele our breakfast hostess. She was very nice, helpful and kept us laughing. She engaged in conversation and made sure everything was fresh and hot for us. One of the best continental breakfast I've ever had. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a wonderful stay from the girls at the front desk to our breakfast hostess, Michele. The room was clean and well appointed. Plenty of towels and wash cloths. The hotel amenities were excellent. We would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I booked this location for easy location to the cruise ports. We stayed here for one night prior to the cruise. We checked in, and the front desk was very nice and considerate. We went up to our room, entered the room, turned on the light. This room had a small refrigerator, sink, (small kitchen area). Lo and behold!! The light we turned on had the roaches on the run. What a deal. We had traveled all day, got in the room and we had this to contend with. I called down to the front desk to report what we had encountered, and asked for a different room. They told me that there wasn't another room available. The parking lot had a lot of empty parking spaces, and it didn't sound right. They sent a maintenance man to spray. Not going to happen. We took our chances with the roaches instead of the smell of spray. We ended up staying, it was too late to leave. Did not spray. We did get a free shuttle to the port the next morning. Normally $9 p/p.

Room Tip: Check rooms before paying.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LM-Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We arecertainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. We would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

Rest assure that this is taken very seriously and proper measures have been taken to prevent such an incident from happening in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are traveling to Fort Lauderdale again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip was most enjoyable.

Brandon Fragale, General Manager
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

In general, I liked the hotel. However it's name suggests that it is a place for people needing to be close to the airport and is full service in that regard. Unfortunately, I found that not to be true. It took almost an hour and multiple phone calls for me to be picked up at the airport. Then the next morning I found out that the shuttle to the airport doesn't start until 6:30 am. I had an 8am flight and wanted to be at the airport sooner, so I had to pay for a $21 taxi ride!!! Every other Holiday Inn where I have stayed has had excellent, quick shuttle service available starting by 5:30 or earlier!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear 486BethH,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our deepest apology for the experience you had with our Airport Shuttle service and any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbia, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the last night of our trip after a week in the keys and it was everything it needed to be. The representative who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful in providing everything we needed and the shuttle to and from the airport was extremely helpful. The upgraded suite we received was comfortable although slightly dank, but that's probably just Florida. The small pool in the back was also nice enough for our kids to enjoy a brief dip. All in all, this convenient HIExpress near the airport was very good for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Key Colony Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did not stay at this hotel-but it is brand new. We had to pick a location that was easy on and off to 595 for my 90 year old friend to pick me up from. This hotel is right off the highway so the ideal place to stay if you are going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and wanted a reasonable place to stay -away from confusing roads- ( I go on cruises and always arrive the night before-it is confusing to stay in Ft Lauderdale sometimes due to the layout of the city) . It is just outside the city so from a ease of driving and finding the cruise ports standpoint, I would pick this hotel -

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport West? Share your experiences!