“Nice, cheap but you could have a bad room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7550 State Road 84, Davie, FL 33317 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Davie
Lima, Peru
“Nice, cheap but you could have a bad room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is really well located, with stores near including sawgrass. Breakfast included is indeed a grab n go cafe but its ok for the price. Double check that you have 2 beds if needed, they gave me 1 sofa-bed instead a bed for 4 people!

Room Tip: Some rooms are in good shape, others needs refurbish. Just check it at arrival and ask for a good on...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, October 7, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We apologize that you were not provided with the room type you reserved. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a great location. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.​

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

From late June 2014 to early July, I stayed at this hotel. (Booking via Priceline so I was unable to cancel the reservation), This hotel was very horrible. The bed bugs had a feast on my arm. When my husband reported it to the front desk, the attendant offered us another room. However, the cock roach greated him in the other room. We remained in the first room, but sprayed bed bug spray every other day, washed the linens ourselves, and cleaned the filthy bath tub. There was a hole in the bath tub. Breakfast was horrible. This hotel caters more to truckers and contracted construction workers take up a lot of parking spaces in prime areas. I have approximately 15 - 20 bite marks from my stay. I do think that Priceline need to reconsider thier nonrefundable policy for some hotels in the event that the customer wishes to opt out of a hotel like this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken action with the entire staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

was in Davie/Fort Lauderdale to visit a gym to train with a coach. This location was so close to the gym and very convenient. The room was well-laid out, the bed was comfortable, bathroom and room was clean. The staff was very nice when I checked in. Stayed on the second floor. I liked being able to cook my own food and keep things cold/frozen in the small refrigerator. Being able to make ice for my water bottles was great (I did bring some trays of my own, to make sure I had enough ice).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's amenities, the cleanliness of your room and our great location. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were supposed to stay 3 weeks but left after 1 because our truck was broken into. Our car and 11 other cars also were robbed the hotel acted like it had never happened before but some how I doubt it. The next night the cops were back for a very drunk man screaming at a taxi that he was refusing to pay. Every day I had to have my key reset, sometimes 3 times a day. Maintenance was very nice while cleaning the glass from all the broken windows. The room was clean the bathroom was okay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your vehicle was broken into, and that you were disturbed by the occurrence with another guest. I would like to assure you that this is a rare occurrence for us. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will contact the authorities to receive extra patrol in our facility to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
Waltham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed at this location when it was Homestead -had no idea what to expect with the new name/ownership - was not disappointed! It is a great place -clean, roomy, comfortable, quiet!. It has everything we need - (no pool for those who want that). Felt safe - well-lit parking areas, Costco nearby for members who might want a pizza!! And tons of other eating places nearby. Plenty of space in the room, big bathroom, great drawer space. Prices are reasonable, in my opinion, for the quality of the room. An ice machine would be helpful as you have to make your own ice in the 2 trays that you get in the freezer (I make every few hours and save up the frozen cubes until I need them.) But that does not always work out. Everyone in the office was pleasant, but I had no issues or problems. The grab -n-go breakfast was more extensive that I expected - a variety of oatmeal, granola bars, decent selection of fruit, not the best muffins but adequate. Clean towels always available for the asking, in the office. I have never stayed long, but always had a good experience at Homestead, and again now that it's ESA.

Room Tip: We always request ground floor - easier for packing and unpacking the car.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet room at an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with the safety of our hotel, our staff and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Birmingham, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Our son price lined this hotel for 2 rooms and called to make sure we would have 2 beds in each as we had 7 people in our family coming too stay prior to our cruise. He was informed we could have 2 beds for an extra $10 charge per room. On our way down we called to confirm 2 beds each and were told we would have to pay $10 each. We were not happy but were trapped so agreed. We arrived very late and tired to be told that they were full and did not have any non smoking rooms with 2 beds. Really unhappy now we were told they had only one room with 2 beds and a room with a king and pull out sofa. So that would work but we were still upset about the smoking part. So we head to our rooms far separated on the property to find the king room has NO sofa in it. and we have our teen grandson with us. So I go back to the office and all they can offer is some blankets to make a pallet on the floor. She then offers me a free stay at one of their properties in the future ( not sure we'd want that). The next morning we go to the office to retrieve the voucher she had promised and were told they'd have to email it later. Don't believe we have seen it yet! And the grab n go breakfast was already closed down. So all that to say this is a very sub par property with very poor service. The room was barely ok. There was no ice available
Late at night because there are fridges in the room but the trays weren't filled. Just all in all a very bad experience. We plan to let Priceline know also.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We arrived at the hotel on 8 March for a one night stay before going on a cruise. When I went to check in I was told they didn't have any king rooms left. I exolai end I made the reservations 6 months prior to my arrival. The clerk immediately apologized for the confusion and upgraded me to the managers suite. The room. Was great and all the desk clerks were so nice and helpful. They had fruit and muffins in the lobby in the morning. Over all it was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!