“Great value and location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7550 State Road 84, Davie, FL 33317 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Davie
Jackson
“Great value and location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have now stayed at this location several times. This hotel is great value in a great location. Whether we prepare our own meals, or buy prepared foods from nearby Publix or Whole Foods Market, having our own kitchen is a plus. Having a table with two chairs makes eating and using laptops and iPads easy. TV's are new flat screen LG's and new mattresses are being installed. Continental breakfast station is supposed to start next month. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Rebecca - I am in receipt of your wonderful comments of our property. I am so glad that you and your wife enjoyed our great location, your clean room and the overall great value. As well, it is great to read that you found all of the amenities we have updated with the new renovation to be beneficial during your stay. We look forward to the completion of this overhaul and offering the grab-and-go breakfast in the future!

Thank you so much for your business, we hope to see you back here in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff were warm, welcoming and accommodating.....Aston. The room was clean and comfortable. Even though some upgrading was taking place, it was communicated to us(new guests) formally and in advance. Good job. My stay was 14/6/ to 20/6/2013.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor at the front, so it was easy to get in and out and to get to the reception...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vickie - Thank you so much for filling out a survey about our hotel. It is our pleasure to provide top-notch customer service and clean, comfortable rooms to all of our guests. I am so glad we were able to do this for you! Plus, we are very excited for our renovation and the changes it will bring, including the grab-and-go breakfast in July.

Thank you so much for your comments, If your travels bring you back to our area, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist you with reservations.
Green Cove Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This property would rate a poor except for the staff. Traveling for my husband's employer, we thought we would be staying for 3 weeks. It turned out to be 3 months! Unfortunately for us, it was the winter season, and finding another place was out of the question (we tried). First, the facility: I saw work being done on some of the rooms (new carpet, etc.). We were in an old room, and it had definitely seen better days. The carpet was filthy, as in walking across it turned the kitchenette & bathroom floor black!I bought a pair of flip flops that I threw away when we left. I bought a swiffer for in-between cleanings (housekeeping is once a week). The loveseat was old and dirty. I bought a slipcover. The coffee table had been well chewed by a previous pet (we had our dog with us, so we took a cell pic to be sure we weren't dinged for it). Everything else was okay & clean. Everything worked (stovetop, fridge, microwave). There was a convenient field to walk the dog (watch out for cane toads!). VERY limited selection of TV stations. Hi speed wireless costs extra (free low end), but the cost is reasonable monthly. The location is convenient, but the traffic is a nightmare most of the time. It's fairly quiet at night.
The staff at this location was outstanding, particularly the evening front office staff & the housekeeping & maintenance folks. English is not the 1st language for some, but we never had a problem communicating. They were all personable & friendly. They made a huge difference in our experience! I would recommend this location to friends only "in a pinch", because of the sad condition of the furniture and carpet in some of the rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I have received your review of your stay at our hotel and I would like to start by apologizing for the condition of your room. All of our rooms are inspected for preventive maintenance before being rented out in order to assure our customer the best possible experience they can have at our facility. I will conduct a meeting with my staff in order to implement better measures of inspection.
I am pleased to inform that our property is being renovated in the coming weeks; the bedding, furniture, TV's, carpeting, will be updated. Regarding the housekeeping, this performed once a week in order to pass on the savings to the customer, but we do have optional service available for a nominal fee, this can be arranged at the front desk. If your travels bring you to our area in the future, please give us a call; our staff members are always happy and willing to assist you in anyway possible. Thanks again!
Brooklyn, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at Homestead Studio on 06/04/3013. My name is Randy Dandry 504-491-3820. Do not believe what is said about this Hotel on the Internet. My wife, my grandson, and myself stayed there. The Hotel was very clean, bed were clean, and comfortable, overall service was excellent.
The staff, I think her name was Jeane, she worked the shift when we were there was very honest, meaning, that, I dropped some money in the parking lot that night, asked the next day if anyone found any money, the manager called Jeane,she found the money that night, was mailed back to me the following week! THIS IS A PLACE THAT I WANT TO STAY IN.

Room Tip: a little hard to find, but worth the effort
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hi Randy,

I am in receipt of your wonderful comments regarding our staff. It gives me great pleasure and pride to read your feedback; honesty is the best policy. I am pleased to inform that we are starting our renovation process in the next couple of weeks. When your travels bring you to our area in the future, you will find renovated rooms, grab and go breakfast, and as always, we are affiliated with L.A Fitness which is less than a mile from our property for your morning work out. I am looking forward to have you here once again. Please do not hesitate to email me at ptn@extendedstay.com whenever you plan on returning. Thanks again and have a great day!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We needed a temporary place to stay for the weekend at the last minute and found this hotel in Davie. Minutes away from places such as Best Buy (if you forgot to bring your phone charger), Chipotle (delicious, always busy, fast food Mexican restaurant for a good price), Chic-Fil-A and other restaurants. This hotel is also close to FAU and Nova University, which is good for prospective students looking for a college or family members dropping by to visit current students. Lastly, the best part of the location of this hotel is that it is close to the 595 highway which can quickly take you to the Sawgrass Malls to the west or to I-95 highway to the east. Did I also mention if you head north on University Drive, you will find Broward Mall, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and other stores/restaurants? Don't forget to check out Jade Garden restaurant that serves good, authentic Chinese/Cantonese food (My family and I always goes there for dim sum and dinner).

When it comes to the hotel room, the price is very cheap for something in Davie and in this location, around $75 or so per night when we paid for our 2-day stay. The room was clean but my boyfriend complained about cigarette smell in the room even though we rented a non-smoking room. The room came with a mini-kitchen which we actually used a lot. The stove worked perfectly even though it looks a little outdated. For the utensils and pots, there is a message indicating that these items may not have been sanitized thoroughly. At first glance, I did not see any stains or dirt on the kitchenware and they appear to have been very clean. However, for safety measures, we boiled water from the pot and just rinse these items before using. That would be optional if you are a little germ-o-phobic like me. Otherwise, everything else works great, no complaints at all. Staff is also very friendly.

At night, depending on which hotel room you are staying in, it may be an issue when it comes to parking. Our hotel room was to the back so there was limited parking which quickly filled up by night time. There is plenty of parking in the front if you do not mind a short walk.

In regards to the area not being pedestrian friendly, that is true to a certain extend. There is construction between the hotel and University Drive with signs warning you that there is no side walk. That is not the hotel's fault, rather, you can blame the city. Inside the hotel area, walking was not an issue as there are not many cars coming and going.

The only real complaint we had about this place besides the cigarette smell was that the Wifi did not work for my boyfriend. The Wifi security will not give my boyfriend's computer access to the internet even though he had put in the correct information. The front desk gave him the technical support phone number to call who in response told him that they can't do anything about it because the hotel placed some kind of firewall on their network system. That could be a problem for those who are traveling in for business and needs to have computer access to do their work.

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel room, this may not be something you would like. If you head further west, you will find the Renaissance Hotel in Plantation.
If you are looking for something nice, clean and comfortable and within your budget, this is something you will want to check out.

This places gets a thumbs up from us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Aiko - I am in receipt of your review for our hotel and it gives me great pleasure to read your wonderful comments. The staff and I strive to provide all of our guests feel like they are in their "home away from home" every time they stay at our location. To better do this, our hotel is scheduled to be renovated in the coming months. We hope you will stay with us again, especially after our hotel has been completely refreshed. Again, your comments are greatly appreciated.
Mount Vernon, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was walking distance to Nova Southeastern University. It turns out that it's a long walk down University and it's not pedestrian-friendly. Still, we managed. The hotel was okay, not great. There were ants in the kitchen, on the island, and in the bathroom. It was manageable, but consistent. Also, the room was mostly clean, but somewhat shabby. There were rust stains on the refrigerator and the shower, and the carpet was dirty. Finally, I had never stayed in an extended stay hotel before, so I didn't realize that housekeeping doesn't come in and clean every day. I missed that part of the hotel experience. We did run out of some items during the four days that we stayed there (toilet paper, soap, dish soap), but we were able to get refills. It might be a good idea to stock the room with a greater quantity initially. Staff was always helpful when we asked for something.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel and letting us know about your stay. We are indeed located just minutes away from Nova Southeastern University. While the route to it from our hotel is not very pedestrian friendly, there are different options available for transportation, including a cab service or public transportation. Regarding the level of cleanliness in your room, I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Housekeeping is offered for guests staying 7-days or more as well as in between upon guest request for a minimal fee. I will be speaking with the team directly so we can improve our processes moving forward.

Please do not allow this incident from discouraging you to visit our hotel in the future. Please email me at ptn@extendedstay.com and I will personally make sure that your room is supplied with everything you need to have a wonderful stay. See you soon!
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed Fri. and Sat. nights. Room was clean and comfortable.Kitchen area had utensils, plates, bowl, cups for two people as well as skillet and saucepan with lids. There were bath soap, dish detergent, ice cubes, and iron and ironing boards for guests. There is a laundry room with w/d, detergent for sale, and a soda vending machine on site.

Glad I stayed on first floor. Stairs only (no elevator that I could see) to go to second floor.

The location, on SR 84, was convenient to main roads and to family visited. Though on heavily traveled road, the room was quiet.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool on site although there is an agreement with a nearby LA Fitness. There are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property. It gives me great pleasure to read such wonderful feedback about your stay with us. The staff and I are so happy to know that we exceeded your expectations by providing excellent customer service.

Please know that we will be thrilled to have you again as our guest next year for Mother’s Day or any event that bring you to our area. Once again, thanks for all your kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!