“Good value, clean, good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7550 State Road 84, Davie, FL 33317 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Davie
Dallas, Texas
“Good value, clean, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I found the staff to be friendly and the amenities typical of a Homestead Studio. The location was a short drive (or walk if you like to walk) to a wide variery of restaurants and stores. This is certainly not the best long-term studio-type hotel I have stayed at, however I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. It’s great to hear that even though we are not a full service hotel, we still provide the same quality of customer service that a 5 star hotel would. Thank you so much for your survey and I hope you see you in the future at our hotel.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a suites hotel in drastic need of an update as well as new management. TVs are old with a very poor selection of channels. The suite type of hotel with their kitchenettes typically provide you with a basic cooking and eating supply of pans and dishes. Not here. No pots and pans period. Minor supply of eating utensils etc. Microwave, toaster and side of refrigerator absolutely filthy. Beds old and uncomfortable (hard). Parking is out of control with rooms having multiple guests all having vehicles. Some staff however are or try to be most helpful

Room Tip: Aren't any.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I received a copy of your survey response regarding your experience at the Homestead Studio Suites in Ft. Lauderdale Plantation. I do appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our channel lineup and I am deeply sorry that we were not able to suit your preference. Although I regret not being able to accommodate your viewing preference, I hope that my explanations on this site can help others know what to expect at our hotel. Our cable television consist of Showtime, Showtime 2, CNN, CNN headline news, Cartoon Network, ABC, CBS,FOX,NBC,PBS, Oxygen, USA, Discovery, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN Classic, ESPN U, Weather Channel, WTBS, TNT, Fox News.

Please know that your comments are very useful to us as we work to offer the best television channels for our guest. Every one of our rooms comes well-equipped with pots and pans which are located on the cabinet in front of the refrigerator. During the coming months, our hotel will undergo mayor changes in order to maintain our level of standard to our guest, we will be upgrading our look and appeal so we can exceed and maintain the level of service that our guest expects from our chain. I invite you to visit us again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email should you ever plan to visit our area again. My email address is ptn@extendedstay.com again, thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

You cannot beat the price of Homestead for what you get in Ft. Lauderdale.

I've stayed here both times I've been down to this area (in the last year) and I plan to stay here again my next trip. For some context, I travel for extended weekends a few times a year at a nearby university.

I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean and affordable place to stay. The rooms have everything you need for a short or long stay, including: a full kitchen and free wi-fi. The location is even within walking distance of a Cotsco.

The noise got a little loud at night on the weekend, but that's my only major complaint.

The only other issue I had was there was some confusion about the room rate I had reserved online a few months in advance, but I had a copy of my reservation receipt and everything was quickly sorted out in my favor.

I hope this review helps someone out that plans on traveling to Ft. Lauderdale in the future.

Room Tip: Out of my two stays, the second floor seemed to be quieter at night.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I would like to personally Thank you for providing such wonderful comments about your stay at the Homestead Studio Suites in Ft. Lauderdale Plantation. Our hotels are committed to providing the best stay and the best customer service you won’t find anywhere else. I take great pride in knowing that we are far exceeding our customers’ expectations and I am very pleased to hear that your stay was exceptional. Please let us know when you will return to the area, we’d love to see you here again. Thank you for staying with us.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in building 300. The other buildings must be better judging by the good reviews, because I don't see it here. Entered the room on a 60 degree night to find the air conditioner cranked down and the room in the fifties, probably to mask the smell of mold. Didn't work cause the room smelled badly. I can live with the old tv, but the beds are worn out. Almost afraid of what I can't see in them. The towels are small and worn out. The shower curtain is moldy, how hard would that be to clean. The counter to eat at was sticky. I tried to clean it and the paint came off. The kitchen counter with the sink and stove is swollen and coming apart. The toilet is dirty and won't stop running. The tub is rusty but appears to be clean. The walls and floors are dirty. Wipe you feet before you leave. The cabinets are falling apart. A better maintenance program and this would be worth the money. The location is good and the price range fit my budget. I expect a clean room and clean bed though.

Room Tip: Avoid the 300 building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spend 10 days at this hotel for a business seminar. I liked the fact that it had a kitchenett(fridge and stove top) it saved a bit of money by cooking a few meals. BUT...they only clean the room once every 7 days....so the floor got dirty pretty quick, and with the humidity the sheets need to be changed more often, but you can go to the main office and get fresh towels and toilet paper. they also have a laundry mat. It wasn't a bad place, but if Im paying $100 bucks a night and I have to do everything my self...not too impressed. For $70 - $80 per night I would have been more than happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Alexandra was an exceptionally kind and patient front desk receptionist. I often get frazzled and stressed by traffic and the hustle and bustle when I travel to large metropolitan areas, but Alexandra was so nice and helpful that I felt like I was in quiet and cozy small town America. I had seen this hotel classified in the lower or moderate price range, so I thought it would be in a bad neighborhood or else be in bad shape. But the neighborhood seemed nice and safe, and was conveniently located close to the interstate, major stores and colleges. The hotel, room, and grounds were immaculate. There was plenty of parking and my room had a pleasant kitchen area....nice hotel at a nice price!

Room Tip: I presume I was in the basic or standard room, and it was fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed in. Clean, close to the stores and great eating faclities ( excellent location) and on top of that the price was too good to be true. The staff is outstanding. The general manager Shemika Turner is by far one of the best managers I have ever had the experince of speaking with. She made sure that my room and anything else I needed, was handled quickly nad proffesionally. This is the place for me. I will tell everyone I know who may be visiting in the Miami area to please make sure they get loggings with this hotel. I loved it, I did not want to leave,

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. No matter where you happen to be.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!