“Needs remodel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie

You added Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7550 State Road 84, Davie, FL 33317 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Fort Lauderdale - Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Davie
Tampa, Florida
“Needs remodel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed in building 300. The other buildings must be better judging by the good reviews, because I don't see it here. Entered the room on a 60 degree night to find the air conditioner cranked down and the room in the fifties, probably to mask the smell of mold. Didn't work cause the room smelled badly. I can live with the old tv, but the beds are worn out. Almost afraid of what I can't see in them. The towels are small and worn out. The shower curtain is moldy, how hard would that be to clean. The counter to eat at was sticky. I tried to clean it and the paint came off. The kitchen counter with the sink and stove is swollen and coming apart. The toilet is dirty and won't stop running. The tub is rusty but appears to be clean. The walls and floors are dirty. Wipe you feet before you leave. The cabinets are falling apart. A better maintenance program and this would be worth the money. The location is good and the price range fit my budget. I expect a clean room and clean bed though.

Room Tip: Avoid the 300 building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Orangeville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I spend 10 days at this hotel for a business seminar. I liked the fact that it had a kitchenett(fridge and stove top) it saved a bit of money by cooking a few meals. BUT...they only clean the room once every 7 days....so the floor got dirty pretty quick, and with the humidity the sheets need to be changed more often, but you can go to the main office and get fresh towels and toilet paper. they also have a laundry mat. It wasn't a bad place, but if Im paying $100 bucks a night and I have to do everything my self...not too impressed. For $70 - $80 per night I would have been more than happy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Alexandra was an exceptionally kind and patient front desk receptionist. I often get frazzled and stressed by traffic and the hustle and bustle when I travel to large metropolitan areas, but Alexandra was so nice and helpful that I felt like I was in quiet and cozy small town America. I had seen this hotel classified in the lower or moderate price range, so I thought it would be in a bad neighborhood or else be in bad shape. But the neighborhood seemed nice and safe, and was conveniently located close to the interstate, major stores and colleges. The hotel, room, and grounds were immaculate. There was plenty of parking and my room had a pleasant kitchen area....nice hotel at a nice price!

Room Tip: I presume I was in the basic or standard room, and it was fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is one of the best places I have ever stayed in. Clean, close to the stores and great eating faclities ( excellent location) and on top of that the price was too good to be true. The staff is outstanding. The general manager Shemika Turner is by far one of the best managers I have ever had the experince of speaking with. She made sure that my room and anything else I needed, was handled quickly nad proffesionally. This is the place for me. I will tell everyone I know who may be visiting in the Miami area to please make sure they get loggings with this hotel. I loved it, I did not want to leave,

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. No matter where you happen to be.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Traveled to this property for 4 nights in Dec 2012. I traveled for business, but took the family along so they could visit with family while I worked. We chose this hotel due to location and price. I was on a limited budget since my company was paying for the hotel. Due to the timing (right after Christmas) many hotels were higher priced. The recent reviews made it sound decent, so we gave it a try. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to I-595/Turnpike and lots of restaurants. Unfortunately, the hotel is in need of some renovations. Traveling with little kids involves a lot of "stuff" to be brought along. After unloading everything, we found that the door would not lock from the outside (room 301). Unacceptable. I went back to the office and was assigned to a new room. Both rooms had that "cheap motel trying to cover up a former smoking room" smell. The smell was bearable, but definitely noticable. The carpet was heavily worn and needed replacing. The beds were hard and each bed only offered two, thin pillows. The Kitchen area was fine, fridge and microwave worked well but we didn't use the stove top. The "kitchen table/counter" was a little sticky. The bathroom was fine, although the shower had some rust stains and mildew on the ceiling. The TV is still an old CRT style. The kids would have really like to have the Disney Channel available. The "Fitness Center" is actually access to the LA Fitness Center, about a mile or so away.

Overall this place has potential if they would complete a major refreshing project. I wouldn't re-book there until they did so.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel is very close to the Airport and Cruise Port. University Drive, a major artery is 1/4 mile, major malls, shopping strips, supermarkets, and many eateries are within a 5 minute drive. Fort Lauderdale Beach is a 10 minute drive.
I have stayed here fifteen times in the last year, you can't beat the value on the rates.
The rooms are always clean, appliances are always in working order, there are pots and pans and enough cutlery for two.
Staff is outstanding and bend over backwards to please you, if there is anything amiss they will correct it within one hour

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like yourself who has stayed many times and always satisfied. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company's motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; We hope to see you again for the sixtieth time around..

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The people saying this place is great must live in a trailer park with no a/c, tv, or running water. This place is outdated and needs a ton of work. The staff does their best to compensate for it but they just can't. If you walk on the carpets without shoes your feet will be black. The tv's are 15 years old and only 19 inch. The beds are old and no cushion. Most rooms don't have chairs in them. And consider yourself lucky if your ac unit works, your fridge works, your shower head works, and your room doesn't smell like smoke. When you walk outside you will see and smell people smoking and drinking everywhere. Not to mention there are hookers staying there having guys come over. That might be one of the beds you get if you choose to stay there. The other hotels in the area are quite a bit more expensive but worth spending the extra money if you can. Hopefully they will remodel soon and clean up the clientele.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there make sure you are in the 100 building or front side of 200. There seems to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, All our rooms are inspected and preventive maintenance is done in each room to make sure that all appliances and lighting is in working order before we rent any of our rooms. We also pressure wash the exterior and shampoo our carpets on a regular basis. Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns regarding your experience at our facility. Please give me a call directly if you plan in the future to be around our area. I will be my pleasure to assist you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Davie? Share your experiences!