“Flashback Diner is nothing like the Lums it replaced” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Flashback Diner is nothing like the Lums it replaced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Despite it's convenient Davie location, the Flashback Diner is nothing like the longtime Lums that it replaced. I have eaten here about six times since the switch and felt compelled to review on this particular occasion.

This particular Flashback Diner location is open 24/7/365. It has plenty of parking and is very clean.

I visited on September 26th at approximately 11:15 p.m. I forgot the name of my server and it was not on the debit card receipt I received at the end of my visit.

I ordered the Reuben Sandwich straight up. For a drink I had my usual water, with lemon.

Upon receiving my order, the sandwich was very lacking on substance. Very little meat and no pickle. My water did not come with a wedge of lemon.

Despite the fact that it was almost midnight and I was only one of three customers, my server never returned with the requested lemon or an answer on how much meat is normally placed on the sandwich. Total check for the sandwich and water, with tax, was $16.41. I only left two bucks as a tip.

What a disappointment. I will never return to the Flashback Diner. One distant memory too many...

/s/ William E. Lewis Jr, Davie, Cooper City, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dania Beach, Florida
“I sometimes go 3-4 times a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love this place. It's my go-to for a quick bite to eat. The food is consistently good and the service is fantastic!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“horrible service, bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped by here one night and it was busy. We thought that this was a good sign. The waitress kept walking by us, but did not stop to take our order. We were speculating leaving but we stayed. The waitress finally stopped by after about ten minutes and was very impolite. I ordered the gyro sandwich and my friend ordered a breakfast platter. The food took forever to be ready. Again, my friend suggested that we should go elsewhere since this place wasn't very good so far but I thought it would be rude to leave after ordering.

The food finally came. The gyro meat was absolutely flavorless and the texture was like bologna. Worst gyro I have ever had, which was weird because the reviews mentioning the Greek food said they are good.The amount of fries they put on the side was very small and they were cold. The breakfast platter was alright, but it's hard to screw that up.

I wanted to tell the waitress but she was hanging out by the bar talking to her coworkers. She was in our line of sight the entire time. She walked by and I tried to get her attention but she did not look at me or stop to ask how it was. I said "excuse me" but she turned around and kept walking.

After we were done eating, she did not even come to ask how it was. We saw her twice, when she took our order and when she delivered the food. Servers are supposed to stop by and ask if we need anything and ask how it is. Not at this place. We paid the bill at the front and left. We saw the waitress outside smoking a cigarette speaking with the manager.

She never once stopped by to ask how the food was or if we needed anything.

It was a terrible dining experience.

We will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food, huge serving with a cowboy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Look at my ratings, all 5's need I say more? Okay here it is, just go; whatever you get you will love it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
rhode island
“Best Greek Food In Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Wife and I enjoyed this causal dinner and had a wonderful lunch. I enjoy Greek food and ordered sponokapita(spelling) as an appitezer. It was so good, took another one home. The musaka(spelling?) was flavorful,beef not lamb, and just the right amount of spices. WONDERFUL The waite staff was very friendly and kept the ice tea glasses constantly filled! While we did not have dessert, the display of a foot high carrot cake was very tempting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Flashback Diner? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Flashback Diner, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.