“Great Mexican food at a great price with great service. Be there.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tijuana Taxi Co.

Tijuana Taxi Co.
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Mexican food at a great price with great service. Be there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

After many months of trying to get here to try their menu, I finally was close enough to the area to go there for dinner. First of allium a little picky about Mexican food. I've been to so many Mexican restaurants that after a while they all start tasting the same. It sits on University Drive right off Griffin road. This is a favorite stop during "season" for snowbirds and Canadians. The food must be good! Mondays they offer $0.50 wings. I'm not talking about little bitty wings. I'm talking about 10 large wings that fill up a large take out tray. Almost too many to finish by yourself. Delicious and spicy!! Definitely a great deal for $5.00. The flat steak was amazing. I stopped ordering steaks at most restaurants except for real steak houses like Berns in Tampa or Ruth's Chris and Peter Lugers in N.Y. Great taste and easy to cut. Not tough at all. Came with rice and beans and plantains. I'm a big eater and these are good sized portions. Most
of our table took home a Togo box as they couldn't finish it. Definitely go there for the food. It is really good and taste like home made.
The service was awesome. We were a party of 6 without reservations and were sat within 10 minutes of getting there. The receptionist at the front was very friendly. Our server was also very sweet. We changed our minds several times and it didn't bother her at all. She also made many trips for water for us as well as drinks. We didn't have room for dessert but will definitely make it back here or try their Coral Springs location as it is closer to most of our party. They are opening a new location in Deerfield beach which will be great for me as I live in pompano beach and a short trip there. Great experience great food great people. Put it on your list.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Popular For Lots Of Tasty Reasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have been eating at Tijuana's for years and it is a nice substitute for the Southern California Mexican fare by which we judge all of our Mexican meals.

Chips and salsa are always fresh and warm and the hand made margaritas are hard to beat. For two, I would recommend getting a pitcher for $20.

At one time Tijuana's offer a 36oz Margarita but the Gringo lawyers have put an end to that. Now you will just have to get two 18oz ones.

The chicken quesadilla with onion and peppers is still our favorite offering but with great nightly special you will be sure to discover your own Tijuana Taxi's favorite or favorites.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Lots of great food for a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love the food here. Prices are reasonable, and you get a LOT of food for the price. Make sure you have an appetite when you visit, or else you'll have a lot left over! Service was good, but the booth seats were not clean (pieces of food were on the seat). I'll never understand why so many restaurants clean the table tops, but not the seats....

• Visited January 2014
Albany, NY
“Great Food, Price and Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for lunch as we waited for our daughter's flight to FLL to arrive. It's a healthy 20 minute drive from the airport but was well worth it.

We ordered from the lunch menu, sat out on the deck and were impressed by the attentive treatment we got from two staff. Sadly, it was lunch and we had a drive to Key Largo to make so Margaretta's were out of the question but the staff kept coming by with refills for our Cokes. Our burritos were excellent - the lunch size was more than enough. Chips were excellent. The salsa gets a 5 out of 10 but that's minor;

Plenty of locals from contractors to office workers proved that this place is popular even with the lunch crowd.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice spot for casual Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband & I go here often for lunch. Service is usually fast and efficient, food is consistently good, lunch specials are a good value. Hubby almost always orders the California Chicken Club sandwich; I generally order off the daily special menu. Chips & salsa are addictive.

• Visited December 2013