“Friendly Hotel for great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Davenport Orlando South

You added Ramada Davenport Orlando South to your Saves list
Ramada Davenport Orlando South
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   43824 US Hwy. 27, Davenport, FL 33837 (Formerly Quality Inn Maingate Four Corners)   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Flint
“Friendly Hotel for great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Florida in November and we saw this hotel. We enjoyed the TWO remind TWo king beds in one room. The room was very spacios had a fridge and microwave, free wifi free breakfast that has make your own waffles which are the best. Customer service was great, maids cleaned our room when we needed it and great hotel for great price.

I was scared to stay from all the bad reviews but it turn out to be a great hotel and I understand when things go wrong so we took it for a try and loved it will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Booneville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Enjoyed my stay for 3 nights. Front Desk was very helpful and welcomed me with a smile and cheerful greeting. Room was clean and since I was there for business, Wifi was very important to me. It worked very good, no problems at all. Bed is very comfy, I stayed at one of their double room. I had a chnace to look at the pool, it was big and looks inviting but didn't get a chance to take advantage. BREAKFAST WAS A PLUS! I had to grab a quick breakfast and it worked perfectly, my breakfast was complimentary and sufficient enough. For the price I paid, I got a great room, Free breakfast and Free WiFi - GREAT DEAL. You won't get that anywhere in Disney hotels and I was only 10 minutes away from Disney where I had to attend the convention. Most hotels will charge additional $10 for Wifi, this hotel offers it for FREE!
Enjoyed my stay and I definitely recommend it to anyone who is in a budget.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at! The place is in need of a MAJOR renovation. There were no elevators for my 82 year old mother! The bathroom smelled of urine and also had small little ants in it. The beds were uncomfortable and I would not remove my shoes to walk on the carpeting. The walls are paper thin and we could hear the people in the other room which made it hard to go to sleep. The had ONE computer and ONE printer, but that was "OUT OF ORDER". Pool looked dirty although we never did try to go swimming. The breakfast in the morning was not very good and the coffee was TERRIBLE. I think it was instant??? I love my coffee in the morning and do not require the best, but this tasted like hot colored water. Disappointing. The positive thing I can say about this place was the staff was very friendly. Thank goodness for that! I would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We went to FL to see Mickey got a great deal. There were some bugs tried not to look hard. Chair seat was VERY stained. The bed spread cover, skirt, and carpet were stained. Nice large rooms. Nice pool area. Liked the breakfast and lobby area. Great location for Disney miss a lot of the Orlando traffic being on the otherside and so close to the freeway.

However, COLD WATER the whole 9 days we stayed. Management (Dianie) kept offering discount which she gave me $56 Yeah:( She never wrote up a work order another clerk did, would not even answer me when I would get hot water which I never did or a room change. But could let me know NO towels off location. Called everyday for an update. Only reason I did leave is she couldn't tell me I would be getting a refund and Disney during Spring Break- Try to find a room under $200 and non-smoking and not sold out I tried. Everything was booked and who has a lot of time to look for another room when you just spent $1,500 on 7 day Disney tickets for your family.

Listen it could be a great place just fire the Management!!! Clean it up and don't waste a persons vacation with a maintenance man and telling your guests that the whole hotel is without HOT WATER (Found out later we were the only ones without hot water by talked to a few guest when we were leaving) and got told good luck finding another place. We don't help with trying to find you another hotel because it is against our policy.

I guess it Is not against your policy to have only COLD WATER!!!! I mean not luke warm but FREEZING WATER!! ICE CUBE WATER- Great for getting you to move in the morning.

My whole family GOT SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After I complained when I got home they gave me $56- not enough to pay for my head exploding on the plane. I never got a letter saying they were sorry which was promised. After calling Corp. like six weeks in a roll- Management called to talk about the problem- guess she didn't want to write the letter.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Tri-Cities, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Stayed 5 nights and got my first hot shower on morning of my departure at 3:30 AM. Staff offer to move us to a differ room, checked the water and it was colder in the new room. If you don't mind taking your shower at 3:30 in the morning. Other hotels in the same area are newer and seem to be within the same price range. We will be checking into a different hotel the next time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
bevtasi, Sr Sales Manager at Ramada Davenport Orlando South, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
We regret the inconvenience that a broken water pipe caused to our guests and the lack of hot water that resulted from it. We tried to inform all guests at check in that there may be a problem with hot water and did compensate all that were dissatisfied. If for some reason this guest did not get adequately compensated for his less than perfect stay, please contact us personally and we see that he is. The situation has been rectified and there is now plenty of hot water for our guests,
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Great hotel if you have a car and want to spend your money in the parks and not on the hotel. Breakfast is ok and does the job. Didnt try the pool as it was a little cold and the hot tub could do with a little work. Rooms were clean and a good size and the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

I have NO idea how 86% of the people could give this a thumbs up. I booked it for one night Dec 23rd 2009 because of the good reviews and proximity to WDW.

The place is filthy. Carpets were filthy in the halls and room, bathroom had mold, I'm not sure it was even cleaned before us. There were big plastic city-type lift lid garbage cans in the hall ways. Filth spilled around the grey painted, and chipped entrance walkways. Musty and stinky.

Like a prison. It is 2 floors but there is no elevator, 1/2 of the entrances are permanently locked so we had to use one far from our room. We had to go through 4 sets of prison-like steel barrier doors and carry our luggage up stairs that look like a hidden fire-escape. Reminded me of what a hotel might look like in a run down dangerous part of NY.

Service: Diane the mgr was very nice on the phone and in person, just don't mention to her that the Quality Inn in Celebration is $10 cheaper and more convenient to everything - the response will be a terse reminder that you will be charged the full rate for your night if you try to change hotels. At 7am, when we needed to augment the 2 towels they had in the bathroom there was no housekeeping and the front desk staff couldn't help.

Don't be deceived, the pictures online look great but it's clear that they spent most of their housekeeping budget on the front lobby. I have traveled a lot and this is by far the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. This Quality Inn was the only black spot on an otherwise wonderful week in FL. I knew we were in trouble when, in hauling our duffle upstairs we mentioned to a passing guest that the experience getting to the room was kinda weird and she gruffed out that it was a horrible hotel.

Worst is that there are dozens of hotels much closer and cheaper in Kissimmee just outside WDW, not the 11 mi away that this one is.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Davenport Orlando South? Share your experiences!