The Bahama Bay Resort on Lake Davenport is certainly well worth a visit. We were a very large group, so we rented two Gran Bahama Condo's directly from a private owner- Jason Moores. Our children's ages were from 6 yrs old to 14.Sometimes pictures on the web are deceiving,,,NOT in this case. It was everything we expected and more. The condo's were so clean,well equipped, and extremely spacious. We had total of 3 balconies. The washrooms were awesome!! The resort is situated just of Hwy 27, so it only took about 15-20 minutes to get to Disney parks. Public shopping about 5 minutes from resort. The pool area was lovely as well with jacuzzi. Mambo's was a bar/restaurant in main building and had great pizza amongst other things, like delightful cocktails!! Found the staff very friendly and accomodating. Down by the lake there is a dock where you can fish. Resort rents fishing poles, but they have very few - only negative thing. The tradewinds dining restaurant is located down by the lake. I think it was the best Rib Eye steak I have ever eaten!!! . Handy discount ticket centre at front desk for buying Disney tickets - good prices! It was nice to make the drive away from Disney and relax in these beautiful surroundings. Apparently there is a shuttle, but it was kind of inconvenient from what I could figure out.
I found myself standing on the balcony just admiring the entire resort. At night we could even see the fireworks from some of the Disney parks. The only negative about the stay was that the outdoor pools at each "village" closed at 7:30pm. Would have loved to go out when kids were asleep to have a dip, but, other than that our stay was fabulous. Jason and Marlena Moores were great to deal with. Check out their website at www.go2bahamabay.com and you won't be disappointed.
Meg ,,,,Ontario, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahama Bay is lush, beautiful property just 10 minutes to the Disney Theme Park Area. Featuring spacious two and three-bedroom villa Suites, four heated pools, kiddie pool and play area, spa & salon, fitness centre, fishing dock, beach, nature trails, tennis, volleyball, basketball, gift & grocery shop, restaurant & bars, free wireless internet in the Clubhouse, restaurant, and bar areas, DVD rentals. Close to attractions, dining and shopping. Perfect for families, couples, groups, and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort