Ok so I travel alot.. Stay in many different hotels .. I saw this resort on Bookit.com and from the photos and price I figured I'd try it.
Let me say this: I own my mistakes.. I did not take the time to research how far out from everything this place is.. It's not SUPER far from the theme parks, but it is a drive.. Your going almost to the city limits ..I like being in the middle real close to everything ..
Next- I did not read the print when I booked .. There is an 80.00 CLEAN UP FEE!!! you have to pay that up front when you check in.. EIGHTY DOLLARS!! For them to clean the condo when you leave!! Once again my fault .. Because I should have read the print .. So after paying the cleaning fee along with resort fees I had to pay another 100.00 on top of the 258 I spent to stay there.
I'm used to staying in a hotel where housekeeping cleaning the room is part of the price.
Just crazy to me.
Ok another thing.. Housekeeping does NOT come to your condo and make your beds or anything while your there .. Your on your own. So if you like that amenity .. You don't get that staying in this condo resort .
There was no elevators in my building .. I was on second floor. Thank goodness I did not have anyone with me that could not climb stairs.
Now onto the PAPER THIN WALLS AND FLOORS.. Oh my goodnesssss.. 545 am BOTH MORNINGS.. The people above me were up using the washer and dryer.. It sounded like it was in my bed !!! Then BAM BOOM BOOM BOOM from them walking .. And flushing of toilets.. Holy cow.. So both mornings. there was NO sleeping in.. Did not happen .. You can hear everything .. No insulation there. If you stay here make SURE to stay on top floor .. And tip toe so you don't become that noisy person above everyone else.. Especially if you have kids.
We stayed in unit 1010 in building 31.. It was a 3 bedroom unit.. Very spacious.. It was clean except for the carpet.. Carpet had obvious stains.. I posted photos on here. I was going to make tea and for some reason I looked into the tea pot they had there on the stove and it was slimy and rusted inside . The televisions are old boxy style.
The trade winds restaurant was very pricey .. And food was bland.. Except the pizza.. The pizza was good. The bar did not have a few different liquors I asked for.. The pools were nice... Along with the kid area. The grounds of the resort were nicely kept and security and employees were very nice.
Basically if you don't mind noise.. And not having housekeeping every day.. Also if you don't mind paying that 80.00 cleaning fee and being a little out of the way, then this resort will suit you fine.
I can see if your staying a week or 2.. Then maybe paying 80 for cleaning is ok.. But 2 nights?? No way.. Thank you
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Resort
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahama Bay
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahama Bay is lush, beautiful property just 10 minutes to the Disney Theme Park Area. Featuring spacious two and three-bedroom villa Suites, four heated pools, kiddie pool and play area, spa & salon, fitness centre, fishing dock, beach, nature trails, tennis, volleyball, basketball, gift & grocery shop, restaurant & bars, free wireless internet in the Clubhouse, restaurant, and bar areas, DVD rentals. Close to attractions, dining and shopping. Perfect for families, couples, groups, and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.