Just got home from taking my family to Florida for a one week vacation. Tried to book flights during this busy time and everything expensive but found a great deal through Sunwing from Toronto to Orlando. There were 3 adults and 2 children (3 & 8) in our party and they booked us at this resort. I was not sure what to expect but wow we got a three bedroom villa, two bathrooms, full kitchen with everything necessary to cook, washer drier and two T.V.s It was very spacious and after enduring a one room hotel at Disney two years ago, this was great. We all had our space. There were four heated pools and lots of hot tubs. Two pools with restaurants and guest services others were smaller but right outside our villa door. The whole complex is huge so you don't feel crowded with lots of spacious landscaping, trees, and lakes in all areas. We paid less that a motel price and got all this. Some people complained about carpet not being clean but it was really not bad and everything else was spotless. Beds were comfortable. We had our own van so we had to drive to Disney but it was only l5 minutes away. Universal and Sea World farther but if you want to go south or west to beaches at Clearwater or Tampa you are at the very south end of the Orlando area and can get right on 27 and take it to 4 and miss all traffic. The partronage was very mixed. Lots of families but the pool areas were large and even though lots of older couples there seemed to be no conflict. The larger pools open till 10 or 11 p.m. so you could relax after a long day at Disney. There are pool tables, arcade, tennis court, fitness room fully equipped and live entertainment Friday nights and Karioke Wed nights.
It is close to Walmart, Publix, Target for supplies and also every restaurant you can think of only a short drive away. Once in the resort, however, you leave all the hustle and bustle behind. The drawback would be if you only planned for Disney there is no shuttle and you might miss out on hotel and attraction packages combined through your travel agent
Make sure you Google directions from the Airport as it is a long way out and hard to find without a map. All the highways are very busy and you need to know what exits to take ahead of time. Once at the resort easy to get everything you need close by.
There is no maid service and you pay $89.00 including tax when you register for cleaning fee after you leave. That was o.k. with us as we had no pressure to leave things put away when we went out for the day, There is 1 roll toilet paper and a box tissue in each bathroom, one dishwasher cleaner and no laundry soap so you will need some supplies. Big fridge, stove, micro and all cutlery and utensils provided.
I am definately recommending this resort to all my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahama Bay is lush, beautiful property just 10 minutes to the Disney Theme Park Area. Featuring spacious two and three-bedroom villa Suites, four heated pools, kiddie pool and play area, spa & salon, fitness centre, fishing dock, beach, nature trails, tennis, volleyball, basketball, gift & grocery shop, restaurant & bars, free wireless internet in the Clubhouse, restaurant, and bar areas, DVD rentals. Close to attractions, dining and shopping. Perfect for families, couples, groups, and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahama Bay Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Bay Resort Orlando Hotel Davenport
- Bahama Bay Hotel Orlando
- Bahama Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Davenport
- Bahamas Bay Florida
- Bahama Bay Resort Spa
- Bahama Bay Orlando Resort