“Great choice” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Villa   |   2700 Sand Mine Road, Davenport, FL 33897   |
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Loved this property! We have stayed at Regal Palms several times but this property was by far the best yet. The property was super clean and very well stocked. The owners were awesome to deal with they were available every time we contacted them. Regal Palms has a lot of bad reviews the key is to rent from the owners direct. The properties that Regal Palms manages are disgusting. We found this property on VRBO.com ID # 474889 and it was awesome can't wait to go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Regal Palms was conveniently located between the parks we visited during our stay (Magic Kingdom and Legoland). The pool was great with the waterslide and the lazy river! The townhome was in great shape and was very spacious and suited all or our needs! Plenty of towels and linen available to use. The kitchen and bathrooms were clean and the whole place was up to date. The only short coming was our plan B for rain... their video game room/indoor playground. The playgroud was nice, but the video game room had several games out of order, and noone bothered to tell us until after we spent $30 on tokens. Management tried to make up for the mishap by giving us more coins, but only 19 of over 50 games were working and the kids were bored with that. But overall, we would definitely consider staying here again.

rochester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This town home was spacious for the 5 of us but that was all it had going for it. Very outdated unit, worn and dirty living room furniture, the worst bed I have ever slept in, little bugs everywhere on bathroom counters, broken glass on patio, ice maker did not work, patio screen torn in many places, shower liners mildewed, a dining room chair had a broken leg and the toilets ran all the time. We were put at the very far end of the complex and therefore needed to drive to the pool area - outside hot tub out of order, anyway. Still trying to determine if two nights of this was worth nearly $350!!

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The people at customer service were rude when we checked in. I guess it was more important to make a phone call than check in people waiting.

Place was dirty. Crud and pubic hair around toilets an in corners. We had to wash all bathroom rugs before using. Carpets so dirty, we wouldn't walk on them without socks. Very dusty. Kitchen floor and baseboards filthy. When I complained at the front desk, I was told to call the number we were given, because "Then everyone would complain to little old me," was what the person at the front desk said. Bed in master bedroom sagged in the middle. Some of the towels were quite thin and smallish.

Hot tub was cold as was the lazy river. Main pool was great.

As for saying they are minutes from everything, the resort needs to specify that they are many, many minutes from everything as thirty at the minimum.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The worst place I have ever had to stay at.... The rooms are dirty, there was fecal matter on a toilet seat and the rim of the toilet bowl, there were pubic hairs in the showers and hairs in the so called clean towels.. Very out dated and tiny tv's the rugs were so bad I would let my toddler walk on the without shoes.. The room smelled moldy as did the linens

We also complained several times and we were given the run around every time

Do not rent here, You have been warned

Room Tip: Don't rent here
Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second time renting a house in the Orlando area for a week. I was excited to rent through Simon since I read so many positive reviews. The location of the house is great….it’s access to Publix and ease to major roads for driving to Orlando attractions was great.

However, I was very disappointed in many other areas of my experience.
1. Upon check in, I was told that I there was no reservation under my name. This was ridiculous because I had the email from you indicating the confirmation. It was I who made the reservation, who communicated with you and who made the payments. However, the reservation ended up under my cousin’s name…which was the last names on the list I provided you of who was going to be at the house. I don’t know why she was put on as the “reserver” but this caused some trouble upon my check in. She was five hours away and could not immediately verify that I should be the one to have access to the house
2. I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of the house. Pans from the kitchen had grease on them from previous use. Most of the kitchenware needed to cleaned BEFORE I used it, and food particles were found on some of the appliances. So I needed to completely clean the kitchen.
3. The bathrooms adjacent to the two larger bedrooms were also disgustingly dirty. If you wish I could send you pictures of the black gunk found on the windowsill and in the toilet bowl. I cannot imagine the toilets were properly cleaned in at least a year. The bathrooms also needed to completely cleaned before I would allow my family to use them.

4. Batteries were missing from two remote controls in the house. In addition, a light bulb blew out in one of the bedrooms. I called BOTH numbers for maintenance and the front desk and this was never resolved. I ended up purchasing the light bulb myself.

5. I was told to “leave the kitchen sink” at home…..but we were severely lacking bath towels, hand towels and dish towels to properly provide for our group. In addition, I did not know that face towels were not provided until we arrived and inquired about it. This was another unnecessary purchase of our behalf.

6. Beds were also weird. Some of them were comfortable and others were hard as a rock. I actually felt bad for the kids to sleep in such an uncomfortable bed.

We did not return to the last house we rented because we wanted to find something closer to the parks. Regal Palms has a great location, but due to the above issues we do not plan on returning.

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When arriving everything went smoothly, simons house was very clean and spacious and was as described the resort was very nice to with a good pool but to be honest we were that shattered with the parks we didn't use it that much. We did everything online which is scary but everything simon did was fantastic and I would recommend for sure and would go back also close to disney parks which our holiday was

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!