“Warning !!!! Never again ” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Regal Palms Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   2700 Sand Mine Road, Davenport, FL 33897   |
“Warning !!!! Never again ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When arriving at our 3 bedroom townhouse we arrived to a roof that was leaking over the dining room table. Plaster was on the table and I was astonished at the fact that no one noticed this. Wouldn't they inspect the home before renting it out ? Surrounded by dirty carpets I wasn't impressed at all. Management then moved me to another townhouse and it was even worse. Beds had hair in them , blankets never looked like they were washed and yes sorry to say I found 2 roaches . I lined the pillowcases with towels and no one ever came from management when as I asked to speak to the property manager . Never ever again will I go with a private resort . Don't do it !!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here a few years ago and had a great time so we decided to return for the celebration of my daughter's 5th bday. The checking process was slow but ok. We got to our 4BR townhome and it was filthy, carpet had black stains everywhere, dirty dishes in dishwasher, smell like mold. I called manager and was told i will rec'd call back, 30 mins later i had to call again. they finally moved us to another unit which was a little better but not worth the money we paid. Again not very clean, shower curtain with scum and mildew, live cockroaches and ants in the unit. we had a hard time with allergies from the dust in the old furniture. I would not be returning or recommending Regal palms in the future. For all the money that we paid, we would have had a cleaner place at the Holiday Inn. Disappointing, Dirty, Disaster!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We are a family of six who spent a week at Simon's house in the Regal Palms Resort in Orlando in October 2014. The location was great - as was the little shopping area just around the corner (the pizzeria and English fish & chip shop are highly recommended). Simon's house really was exactly as described on his website and was clean and well furnished. The beds in particular were really soft and comfortable! Obviously there wear signs of wear and tear but it is a rental house and considering the number of guests over the years this is hardly surprising. We were travelling on a budget and found his prices extremely reasonable for the Orlando area. The resort itself could do with a lick of paint in places but overall we were happy with the facilities (and I'm a very picky person). We would definitely rent from Simon again the next time we plan to vacation in Orlando.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed in unit#120 on Palermo Street for 5 days and I must say, I was surprised at the size of the unit(3 bdrm, 3 bath). However, the place definitely needs improvement. First of all, don't let the people at the front desk bait you up. If you book from Bookit or any other travel site, please pay attention to the fine print. When we were checking in, the front desk manager claimed there was a refundable $150 resort fee required. When asked when this started, the "manager" claimed, it started that morning. I found that very fishy. Luckily, the itinerary from Bookit.com stated there was a $65 cleaning fee and a $59.95 refundable resort fee upon check in. The lady didn't want to honor it but she had no choice. The resort is fairly big, so the map they give you during check in is needed. A key is required to open the gates during the day but in the evening, the gates are open. Makes me question the safety of the community at night. Especially since the main building is closed after business hours. Here's a few pros and cons of our stay.

Pros:

1. The 2 car parking in front was good, especially since there is no street parking
2. The bdrms were all decent sizes with ample closet space.
3. Large kitchen with lots of space to cook and a dishwasher!
4. Balcony and patio in every unit is very nice
5. The cable was pretty decent. Even though the downstairs t.v had more channels than the master bedroom t.v
6. The block and overall community was beautiful. And the neighbors were very friendly. It was good to see the families walking up and down the block.
7. The playground and pool seemed pretty nice as well when we passed by it.
8. The community was soooooooooooooooo quiet!
9. Food and a Publix was walking distance. The location was GREAT!!!!!!!

Cons:

1. Lack of GOOD towels and wash rags. We ended up going to Walmart and buying our own because the ones provided were either dirty(i.e. hair from previous occupant) or felt like sandpaper. I had to wash all of the towels and wash rags myself once I saw how the hair in them.
2. The unit was NOT cleaned properly. Please invest in cleaning supplies before you check in. The carpet on the 1st fl were supposed to be tan but they were brown and in some places black. You could tell it hasn't been steam cleaned in a while. The floors were sticky in the kitchen. And the bathroom shower curtains were FILTHY! Each shower curtain had either hair, mold, soap scum, or questionable stains on it. It was disgusting! I had to spray them all down with bleach and soap and scrub them off myself. The windows were equally nasty but I didn't even bother touching them. I was very disappointed because people pay a mandatory cleaning fee of $65, the place should actually be clean. I spent about that much on cleaning supplies in order to clean it myself.
3. I noticed people complained about bugs and I must say, the bug problem wasn't that bad. However, you can't keep the patio door open because all sorts of water bugs will come into the unit. There is a leak from the AC unit so I'm almost positive that that's why the bugs are coming inside.
4. The cable was nice, however, the t.v's were OLD! Some of the channels didn't even show properly because the t.v's were TUBE t.v's. Also, for a 3 bdrm unit, you would think there would be more than 2 t.v's in there.
5.The kitchen lacked cookware. There was one broken skillet, one big pot with no cover, and 3 small sauce pans that were useless.
6. The tub in the 2nd bathroom upstairs did not drain properly at all. Took 30 minutes to drain after I took a short shower. I couldn't imagine how long it would take if I decide to soak in the tub.

Overall, our stay was good for the amount of time we spent in the unit. I would definitely go back again with my family.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Regal Palms Resort & Spa is less than 20 minutes from Disney but is miles away from the average Orlando hotel. With either 3 or 4 bedroom townhomes available, having the entire family on vacation is no problem. Also, with a bathroom for every bedroom get the everyone ready for the day is quick and easy. A fully stocked kitchen and living room with a dining table for at least 6, makes you feel like home. The resort area is fantastic with a spa and swimming pool. A kids play area rounds out the resort feel. Do not miss out on this great property on your next trip to Disney

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I felt compelled to write this review because we loved this place, and it can be very confusing to people when you see great reviews, but then you see awful ones.
Since it's obvious that there are many unit's on the premises that are horrible, perhaps we should follow suit with the poster below this one and start specifically naming the good ones. Its difficult to review this place as a whole because there are a mix of good and bad units. One person's stay could have been awful because of the home they were allocated, while another's was fab.

BOOK THROUGH AN OWNER DIRECT I cannot stress this enough for this place since the quality of homes vary. By booking direct with an owner you know EXACTLY which unit you are staying in. When you are booking with a tour operator, or travel sites, it's the luck of the draw as the room will get allocated at check in so who knows what you will get.
If you simply browse through the regal palms properties on any by owner sites, you will read hundreds of positive reviews from many travelers, and see pictures of the particular unit first hand.

This is truly a "resort style" community, the pool complex is wonderful! However, it can get very busy during busier season (I am assuming because of the great amenities) Grounds were well kept, and there was a guy who would go around the pool and gather the kids for fun activities. Pizza was good and very convenient to be able to order it pool side. The poolside waitress was super friendly, even though she appeared to be the only one serving the entire pool, she did not let it get to her (wish I remembered her name). Towels are provided but next time I will bring my own as they were bare thread, and ran out. Access to the pool was through the little shop which was strange and awkward when you have large tubes you are carrying to the pool. But they will fill them up for you there.
Overall, for the value, this is a great place to stay, not far from Disney (20 mins), plenty of space, and a great place to come back to after a long day at the parks. You just have to rent the right unit.

Try VRBO 504145 - Great place! Clean, 4 bedrooms, beds were comfortable, modern and updated, kids loved the PS3 and bunk beds, and its walking distance close to pool.

Room Tip: Rent from an owner! Choose your home beforehand!
Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Listen up people! Go onto VRBO.com and type in 474889 in the search box. This house was gorgeous. The owners were super nice and helped us with whatever we needed to ask them. The house has everything you need: silverware, kids toys, strollers, etc. I recommend this house for anyone even just 2 adults on their honeymoon. The pool was beautiful and the outside it was hotter than Ryan Gosling, since we went in July. At night there is a DJ, during the morning and afternoon you can get tattoos or your hair braided. They have a wonderful slide in the pool area. Also, you can take a short walk or jog to Publix if you forgot something there earlier. Have a wonderful trip at this resort!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go onto VRBO.com and type in the number 474889 in the search box. That is the house you need to choo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!