Stayed here a week in February 2014, with five total people, 3 adults/2 kids. We rented a 3 bedroom three bathroom condo close to the pool. excellent location. The property has a warm pool, a lazy river, hot tub and water slide. There is a large arcade for the kids, sand volleyball, and a restaurant. There was a little confusion upon checking in, as there are many private owners that own and rent out these units, as well as the resort itself owns many of them too. Check in is done from the one central lobby, which was nice, they issue pool cards and swim bands for access to the pool area. However, certain things (issues) you may have, you might have to deal with the property owner (who is of site in most cases) if it isn't the resort itself. I had an issue with the safe not working, but other than that everything was awesome. The staff is friendly and willing to help either way. For those of you that have never rented a place like this, here are a few hint:
There is a Publix Grocery store like two minutes away, before you even bother checking in, I would buy some trash bags, toilet paper, coffee. (they have a Kuerig!) paper towels, and STOCK your fridge! You can save a ton of $$$ buy eating "At home". There is a liquor store right next to the Publix store as well. This is probably the best place I can think of for doing a week of "The Parks". Using our Droid GPS and rental car, we were able to easily find everything we needed, Discovery Cove, Epcot, Disney. Magic Kingdom is less then a 20 min drive. The beach (gulf Side) was 90 min. For first timers: I would suggest NOT planning to visit Parks every single day . You will most likely need a day off to recover! No kidding, Midway through the week we cancelled going to Universal Studios to just hang around the resort. My kids played in the pool and lazy river all day. The restaurant there is called Captain Jacks, it is very convenient, although not the best food around. Bar type food for the most part. They make a mean margarita although typical high resort drink prices. A few of the days we were there were cold, so the warm pool was very nice to have. I will defiantly be back to Regal Palms the next time we come to the Orlando area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regal Palms Resort & Spa is a private Resort consisting of bars, restaurant, health spa,gym, a spectacular pool area with water slide and lazy river, 24/7 check in, guest services, theme park tickets and Banana Jacks childrens restaurant and gaming center. The resort is surrounded by 598 privately owned townhomes and 700 pool homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Regal Palms Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Palms Hotel Davenport
- Regal Palms Resort And Spa
- Regal Palms Davenport
- Regal Palms Resort Florida
- Regal Palms At Highlands Reserve
- Palm Regal Resort