“Get more than what you pay for” 5 of 5 stars

You added Regal Palms Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   2700 Sand Mine Road, Davenport, FL 33897   |
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Get more than what you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am writing this after our second stay at the Regal Palms. Once with inlaws and once with just me, my wife, and kid. The first time we thought "comfy and good value." This last time we went we ended up having a medical scare with our kid. he ended up being fune but we had to cut our trip short. I was able to get the unused day returned. So I had to pay for teh day I stayed and the cleaning fee (more than fair). Honeslty I wasn't even going to ask but I did and they did there best to help.

The fact is I can't believe that they were so helpful when they did not have to be.

I like the place because I feel safe with my family there and it's not in the middle of the craziness in Orlando, it's quiet.

Now I do have to deal with little things that I don't mind there (I had to unplug two smoke detectors that had bad batteries and the top landing had a creak).

I am fine with that because it's not expensive and it is comfortable (Pool/ Slide/ Lazy River/ Restaurant/ Nearby Publix).

Good if you have big groups of people cause they have a lot of rooms. When we went it was $69 a night for a 3/2 and they upgraded us to a 4/3 no clue why random luck. From what else I read I guess it is hit or miss btu I will go back here until I see a reason to go elsewhere.

SO look its a good VALUE. Not the ritz but perfect for a family in the 30's looking for something decent on a budget.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our overall impression was a positive one, with everything as advertised; very spacious and well equipped; easy sign-in and out. The owner (Simon) and resort staff were very friendly, honest and helpful. The resort location was close to all the major attractions in Orlando. We also liked the easy-walking access to the next-door mall, especially the Publix grocery store.

We were particularly pleased with the resort facilities, including the lazy river, hot tub and restaurants. We will definitely recommend Simon @ Regal Palms to our friends and family.

Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I came here with my husband's family for 2 nights in December before taking a cruise. We loved that this place had 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, which was convenient for the 7 of us that came on the trip. The downside is that this resort is a good 15-20 minutes from the main rode and pretty far from food and grocery stores. Also, there wasn't any cell phone reception in the house.

The wi-fi password didn't work, so thankfully my husband knows how to fix it. The front desk people weren't very help.

Our ceiling leaked into the living room and caused my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law to almost slip onto the floor because it leaked a huge puddle from the master bathroom shower right at the bottom of the steps.

They sent maintenance over and they "fixed" it, but you could tell by looking at the ceiling that it had previously leaked before.

The kitchen is small and the unit was just not very homey.

I rated this a 3 because it's nice to find a place that fits all of us, but overall, I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a lot of time to drive.

We stayed here for 2 nights.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were from 8 to 14 January 2013, in the house 2622 Calabria. We went on a Cruise and came back on Friday 18 January.
The house is comfortable with four bedrooms and fairly safe place. Outlets were not working but they stored our luggage in a safe place at the reception.
On Monday 14, my daughter forgot her Ipod at home. When we returned on Friday 18 at night, they told us to write to the responsible post of housekeeper. However, they said that the Housekeeping team not found the iPod and we are sure that the iPod was in that house.

Room Tip: Do not forget anything because you will not return
Zeeland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was a nice place to stay but I would recommend researching who you rent from. We rented from Great American Vacations and they had so many rules we were afraid we'd get charged! You pay a $90 cleaning fee yet you need to do a load in the dishwasher, you need to take sheets off the bed and wash them and generally pick up or they make you feel like you will pay. So I'm not sure why we had to still pay the cleaning fee. Also, check in was 4pm and we got there at 2pm. They told us this particular rental company does not allow early check in. 2 hours? Really? Seemed pretty tacky to us.
Overall the resort was nice, water slide and lazy river are fun and staff was nice. Just be sure to check who you rent through.

Room Tip: Our condo was 3234 Calabria Ave-Regal Palms Resort and we rented from a Johnathon Candelario.
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this resort twice so far. As I came to learn the second time around, this resort does not have a central "management" in place as each unit is owned and operated by individual owners. So the trick is to find out through some research who has well-kept units with the location closer to the pool area, offered at reasonable pricing points. The resort itself is fairly large and its pool area is decent. It takes about 20-25 minutes to the Disney parks, and there is a big grocery store practically right next door to the resort, so everything is conveniently located. Look through the previous reviews and fish out names of the owners whom you need to avoid and the ones with whom other people had great experience in the past. That, in my experience, the best way to go. Both times, my family (of five) rented a three-bedroom unit, which was fairly close to the pool/clubhouse area, and we were fortunate enough not to have any pest problems and the townhouse was very clean. I don't recall the last name of the owner, but his first name is Simon, FYI. If you have a large traveling party and don't necessarily want to spend that extra money to check in to a suite or multiple rooms for your group, this is one good way to solve that problem. Just be careful from whom you rent.

Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Simon

We had a fantastic time and the townhouse was perfect. The resort was as good as advertised (lazy river was a little chilly but so what!). The booking process was simple and easy. The staff was accommodating. Frankly, I was nervous because we were frantically booking everything last minute due to complications with our original vacation plans and I wasn't sure what we'd be getting.

We were so pleased with how it turned out! It was so nice to come home each night to a place similar to "home" as opposed to some cheap room on the Disney property. The kids loved the pool area and waterslide. Mom and dad loved the Tiki bar poolside! The kids loved having their own rooms with TVs in each room for when they just wanted to crash at night after a long day at the parks. Mom and Dad loved that too!

We have already discussed renting again in the future. We have even contemplated buying one of the properties for sale.

Thanks again for such a wonderful experience!!

Room Tip: townhomes closest to the resort lobby/pool are ideal. Simon's properties are perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!