“Just need to watch out from whom you are renting a unit...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Regal Palms Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   2700 Sand Mine Road, Davenport, FL 33897   |
Fairfax, Virginia
“Just need to watch out from whom you are renting a unit...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this resort twice so far. As I came to learn the second time around, this resort does not have a central "management" in place as each unit is owned and operated by individual owners. So the trick is to find out through some research who has well-kept units with the location closer to the pool area, offered at reasonable pricing points. The resort itself is fairly large and its pool area is decent. It takes about 20-25 minutes to the Disney parks, and there is a big grocery store practically right next door to the resort, so everything is conveniently located. Look through the previous reviews and fish out names of the owners whom you need to avoid and the ones with whom other people had great experience in the past. That, in my experience, the best way to go. Both times, my family (of five) rented a three-bedroom unit, which was fairly close to the pool/clubhouse area, and we were fortunate enough not to have any pest problems and the townhouse was very clean. I don't recall the last name of the owner, but his first name is Simon, FYI. If you have a large traveling party and don't necessarily want to spend that extra money to check in to a suite or multiple rooms for your group, this is one good way to solve that problem. Just be careful from whom you rent.

1,240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Monroe, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Simon

We had a fantastic time and the townhouse was perfect. The resort was as good as advertised (lazy river was a little chilly but so what!). The booking process was simple and easy. The staff was accommodating. Frankly, I was nervous because we were frantically booking everything last minute due to complications with our original vacation plans and I wasn't sure what we'd be getting.

We were so pleased with how it turned out! It was so nice to come home each night to a place similar to "home" as opposed to some cheap room on the Disney property. The kids loved the pool area and waterslide. Mom and dad loved the Tiki bar poolside! The kids loved having their own rooms with TVs in each room for when they just wanted to crash at night after a long day at the parks. Mom and Dad loved that too!

We have already discussed renting again in the future. We have even contemplated buying one of the properties for sale.

Thanks again for such a wonderful experience!!

Room Tip: townhomes closest to the resort lobby/pool are ideal. Simon's properties are perfect!
Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The unit was exactly as shown, clean and comfortable. We stayed in Simon's 3 bedroom April 2012. It was close to the pool and easy to find. The grocery store is really close which is a bonus. We travelled to Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica while here and they were all easy to get to and not to far to drive. The pools and everything around were awesome and the water slide was really fun.
My only complaint would be that on weekends, the pool gets really busy with locals, but there were more than enough chairs and it was still comfortable.
Simon was easy to deal with and the main desk staff was awesome to us arriving late having forgotten our passcode!

Room Tip: Units close to the pool can get unwanted noise from evening activities but it shuts down by 11.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed in Regal Palms many times going back to when they first opened and the pool wasn't yet finished. We always book directly through them so that we don't have to deal with 3rd party. However, it seems that even now booking through them is 3rd party. We booked an elite townhome for 4 nights. 1st night the internet and main TV weren't working. By the 2nd night the TV was fixed but still no internet. When we complained they told me to "call the management company." WHAT? They are them management company. Anyway,the gave me a number and all I got was a recording. Complained again and a technician came by with the neighbor's WIFI password so that we could connect. Finally, we decided to leave 1 night early, went to the front desk and again the resonse was "call the management company." I told her I booked directly and that she was the managmeent company. So, she connected me with some operator who in turn called her back on the other line to say that the return authorization had to come from Regal Palms. The girl at the desk then called a manager who wrote a return authorization E-mail to whoever I spoke to on the phone (I assume the managment comany?) and we got back the cost of 1 night. Oh, and all of this took approximately 45 minutes. REALLY?????? I'm not paying Regal Palms $11.95/night to tell me to call a management company when I booked thru them and THEY ARE the management company. It was just rediculous and a waste of time.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Rented for one week and I have a blast 10 minutes from Disney and very closed to universal studios on a private area with very friendly people and good service and they will see me again my family and me were very happy

• Stayed January 2013
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We waited at the front desk for help and were left unassisted as the manager and front desk staff talked an discussed another travelers refund. The condo was large enough and fairly clean but there were some cockroaches as well as sugar ants. There were no extras-salt and pepper, no dish rag no extra toilet paper.

The resort is huge so the walk to the pool was very far.

Room Tip: Find one closer tot he pool, Jacuzzi area.
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I rented house#141 for last week dec 2012 in this resort which is privately owned by Damian Panzo (Davenport fl solutions inc). The house is okay but there is no phone and the worst is ATT cell phones doesn't wok there. No cell, no data n no phone. And this guy did not returned my security deposit as agreed. Terrible stay... do not rent this home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!