“best price for your money” 4 of 5 stars

You added Regal Palms Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Regal Palms Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   2700 Sand Mine Road, Davenport, FL 33897   |
trenton nj
“best price for your money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

try to book with simon! made things so easy.very clean house.quiet location.food was ok.lazy river was great.and the water was heated to around 82 degrees.good place to go with kids.i am 69 years young and loved the lazyriver as much as kids there did.i would go back again.the restroom by the pool was very clean also.

Room Tip: book with simon!
  • Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
St louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed in a privately owned townhouse for Spring Break week. The unit was clean (though bland), everything worked, and very adequate. We were within walking distance to clubhouse and pool. Kids loved the busy pool, husband used fitness room and sauna daily. Took about 20 min to Disney in early morning. Publix grocery store and cvs pharmacy very close. No internet in units and we couldn't get AT&T service!!!!!

Friends stayed in a unit owned by a mgmt company and had lots of probs with their unit, so choose wisely.

New Brunswick, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

We stayed here for our March break (!st full week of March) with my family. I booked through Paradise Properties, who I would highly recommend. Darren; of Paradise Properties; was quick to respond and a great person to deal with. We stayed in a 3 bedroom/bathroom villa. Plenty of space and a great layout. There were three bedroom upstairs, full kitchen and washer/dryer downstairs. I have no complaints regarding the Villa. My issue, and the issue that bring me to this bad review, are the staff of the Resort itself.

I booked Regal Palms solely for the resort facilities. I have two teenage kids, and thought it would be great to stay at a resort with a lazy river, water slide, etc. The first day we arrived, we went to the pool area. The place was packed with young men (I use that term loosely). There was a DJ cranking loud music, and was a typical Spring Break atmosphere. I thought this was a resort! Anyway, my teenage daughter felt uncomfortable, so we left. I asked one of the staff members about the situation and he told me that a large group of university/college baseball teams were staying at the resort for the next two weeks...just lovely!

Every night, we were awakened by "boys" walking up and down the streets with yelling and shouting. My son and I did go back to the pool the next day to see if things had changed. We were bumped by a couple of "boys" who were playing dodge ball with each other from different pools. It is very loud and lots of drinking...a real party atmosphere. When I played soccer for my university, they had a strict policy regarding alcohol...we catch you drinking, your off the team! Really makes sense, since you are supposed to be an athlete!

Anyway, we decided to leave and I went to see the front desk. I explained the situation to the lady at the front counter and requested to have my resort fee refunded. A $10.00 per day resort fee is required regardless of who you book through. She went into the back office and came back to tell me that they would not be refunding my money. I explained to her that I paid a fee to enjoy the resort facilities and since that is obviously not going to happen, I want a refund. I was refused and told to contact her boss.

I e-mailed resort management twice while I stayed at the resort, with no response. On my departure and I went to the front desk again to explain my situation, but again refused. I also explained that I thought it was very unprofessional to not respond to my e-mails. When I arrived back home from my vacation, I wrote management again and have not received a response. I have also wrote the CEO of Regal Palms Management, Peter [--], who has never responded. This should speak volumes regarding the customer care of this resort. No wonder the person at the front desk doesn't care; the CEO doesn't care! Would it be too much to respond and explain the resort fee policy?

My bottom line is this: it's probably great to stay here, if you have no problem (there are lots of great reviews). If a problem does arise though, you are going to be on your own. Make sure you book through someone who has great reviews. Don't count on resolving anything through the management team! They really don't care!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The home was wonderful - just as described. The resort, with the lazy river and waterslide was appreciated by the kids and the parents. The resort food was reasonably priced with a good selection and there were a tonne of activities both in the resort and in Orlando. A couple of points but keep in mind that I would go back in a flash: you are 20 - 30 minutes away from Disney and Universal. This resort is not on International Drive. You will have basic utensils - pots, pans, etc. but nothing else. There was not even toilet paper or pepper. There is a grocery store less than two blocks away with great hours but, in hindsight, I would have brought small portions of items like this. Still, this was a wonderful vacation at a reasonable price. I am looking forward to booking with Simon next year. I will just be sure to bring toilet paper!

Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED - I rented this location at EXPEDIA through REGAL PALMS as a 4 bedroom pool home. The place was a MESS!

First of all, the place was very dirty and deemed unacceptable. I tried to change locations and the REGAL PALMS people, although nice, were no help or assistance. Expedia kept disconnecting and neither has returned calls or e-mails for four days.

Why not good, filthy, no wash cloths, knives so dull that for an omlet we had to have JERK BACON, ice maker inoperative, remotes for the old TV's don't work, entry light doesn't work, one 8" pan (try cooking burgers for 8 in that), no serving dishes, microwave broken (small counter one), cigarette burns on couch and coffee table, had to wash all dishes and silverware coming in, etc. Spent $50 in cleaning supplies and two days to approach acceptable.

The house we rented was for sale at the time and for the first three days we had realtors knocking at he door wanting to give showings - that is BS.

REGAL PALMS may be a nice resort and their CONDO property is probably quite nice. DON'T EVER get suckered in to renting a home that is coordinated through there.

WORST VACATION PLACE EVER - not something that I expected from a resort that is rated 3.8 at Expedia

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stay in hotels on business every week and am used to the hype - top class, all facilities, newly refurbished, etc and being let down and disappointed on arrival.

This villa is EXACTLY as described along with all facilities within the resort. We travelled as a couple and had loads of room but this would suit young family, teenagers, a group party as it provides great accommodation and facilities within the resort and a choice of eating/drinking venues within 5 minutes walk.

Easy driving distance to Disney parks etc

Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Regal Palms is by far the best Disney are rental we have stayed at and we have rented at atleast 10 different area resorts over the past several years. The pools are magnificent for young and old. My husband and I are in our 30's and we have no children, but thoroughly enjoyed every part of the lazy river, water slides, and of course hot tubs. (The only down side - bring your own floats they dont provide any.) Outdoor pool table, beach volleyball, tiki bar, and dining! Our house we rented was magnificent it was the largest model in the complex with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. It was a dream home! We were lucky that it was very close to the pool and club house and we could walk it in under 3 minutes. (Many of the houses are FAR and you may not want to walk such a long distance, so make sure to ask before renting!) We will definetely be recomending Regal Palms and our rental home to all or our friends and we certainly can't wait until we can call Simon and rent fom him again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Regal Palms Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!