“Inexpensive, clean, close to Legoland” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clifton Park, New York
“Inexpensive, clean, close to Legoland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here two nights while visiting Legoland. Joyce, the night clerk at the front desk, was very helpful. The breakfast was OK (my son enjoyed the fresh waffles) but I could have used more fruit options. The room had two queen size beds and was fairly large. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels. The hotel faces a major highway, but the room was quiet. There are a lots of places to eat nearby. This hotel was a bargain at less than $45/night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagerFla64, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Eileen,
Thank you for letting me and the other readers know about Joyce. She is our newest member of staff. And has really become a shing star here.
Regarding our fruit selection, we have just changed our food vendor due to this specific issue. We will now be rotating, with at least 3 of the folowing: Golden Apples, Red Delicious Apples, Navel Oranges, Bananas, Pears, and fruit cups. Many other Comfort Inn are now doing this as an added feature, so hopefully you will see this at oher hotels soon.
We hope to see you soon, again!
Robert Testasecca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

A great hotel for legoland and not that far from Orlando if going to attractions there as well . Super cheap but really clean and well kept. Adequate free breakfast. Much nicer then expected for the price and nicer then some hotels twice the price.

• Stayed September 2012
Orlando, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have a baby so cleanliness and safety is a big deal. I found both at this particular hotel. Great value. Awesome staff. Joyce is excellent in seeing about your needs. Emily is upbeat and acts as if she's been knowing you all your life. Robert is efficient and friendly. I wanted to extend my stay one time but reserved the room online. I simply dialed the front desk and told him that instead of coming downstairs I had reserved online and he said he'd handle everything. The other front desk ladies are very friendly too.

Rooms are clean and spacious. Fridge and microwave included, flat screen television and lots of cable channels. Vending machine prices are fair and have great variety. Maids are friendly - in and out. Fast and on point. (Although I usually keep the "Do not disturb" sign on the door.) Free wifi - which is really great because my daughter stays on her laptop and I stay on my Kindle. And if for whatever reason I needed to use a desktop, they have two computers in the lobby. Haven't used the pool yet but I walked past it all the time when going to our vehicle and no matter what time of day - it was always clean and inviting. The gym looks inviting too - I think its all new equiptment (it looks like it) I hate working out but perhaps I'll give it a try - still got a little baby weight on me. They serve a continental breakfast which is actually pretty good. Eggs, Sausage patties, Belgium wattles, fruit, cherry vanilla yogurt, bagels and sweet pastries, cereal, white and chocolate milk, juice and hot chocolate. Coffee is available at all times. My family loves this hotel. Its surrounded by various eateries such as Denny's, Cracker Barrel, Burger King, Wendy's, Mcdonald's and more. Two gas stations and a 7-11 are close by. There is a mini strip mall with fabulous stores. You can shop name brand clothing stores or the Dollar Tree. Further down highway 27 (which is near the hotel) There is a Walgreens, Publix and a Walmart.

I thought this hotel was a well kept secret but its been a bit busy these days and with good reason. Hopefully they keep up the good work and always have a room available for me and my family.

Room Tip: If you're staying for at least a week the 3rd floor has the laundry room so you may want to requ...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Reasonable,clean,nice breakfast,convenient location for legoland as there is little to choose from closer to legoland. Stayed two days with grand kids. Cracker Barrel near by for good reasonable meals. Small clean pool which grand kids enjoyed after hot day at legoland.

Greenville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My daughter was in a softball tournament and we stay for 6 nights. The staff was so friendly and caring. Everyone worked so hard for us and was always there when we needed them. They made me feel at ease even though I was 13 hours from home. The kids began to look at Ms. Joyce as their grandmother and they did whatever she asked (HAHA). When missed the staff so much when we left. Rooms were great and clean. Price was great for an extended stay. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. IT IS THE TOTAL PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Family like atmosphere!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We chose to stay here based on the price and reviews and were not disappointed by either one! This hotel looked nearly new and was very comfortable for our entire 6-night stay. My husband and son took advantage of the pool and both enjoyed it immensely. The front desk staff were very friendly both at check-in and check-out. Housekeeping were fabulous.
My only complaint is the difficulty in getting in and out of the location. Unfortunately there are very few places along 27 that allow the necessary u-turn to get on the correct side of the road to turn in to Hotel Drive so there is a bit of extra driving that goes on to get to the hotel. But that really was a minor annoyance to a very nice stay.

Davenport, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

we are residents of davenport and we have a power off at home due to the weather in July. We stayed at the hotel one night until the light in our community was restore , the hotel was clean and the beds very comfortable . the lady in the front desk very professional and polite . Breakfast was good . we will recommend this hotel to our families and friends .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate South? Share your experiences!