“So fantastic I booked my wedding here for the following year” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
South Wales
“So fantastic I booked my wedding here for the following year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel using expedia-I got a very good deal.
This hotel was one of 5 I stayed at during my 10 night trip to Florida with the purpose of finding a hotel that would suit my wedding. This was my 8th trip to Florida so I had an idea of which hotels I would like to visit.
I was very pleased with what I saw and the wedding planner was very reassuring and helpful. Overall the price offered for the wedding was very reasonable compared with British weddings in hotels of a simular standard. I can happily say that I have booked my wedding here for August 2011.
The hotel overall is what you would expect for its rating. overall it was very clean, spacious, bright and luxorious.

Rooms-could have been a little bigger but then I am used to staying in condos. However it was very clean, well maintained (no carpet burns, dents in furniture or scraps to walls), probably best bed I've ever staying in, halls very quiet, luxurious and the bathroom was exactly what I hoped for (big, very clean, none of that black stuff around the tiles, light up mirror, marble, nice towels, etc). The view from most rooms is beautiful-you can see disney from some areas of the hotel.

Pool-very very nice, by far the best I have used in a hotel in Florida-and I have stayed in lots of hotels there. The fountain in the fun pool could have done with a lick of paint but this was nothing major. Also there were not enough loungers but staff did asure me that more were being delivered and they did their best to find me two-I have to say that this was holiday weekend and it was VERY busy. The water was very clean, I regularly watched the staff testing the water and cleaning the area. Lots of space in the water-plenty big enough and not too cold! Behind the pool was a beach area which was lovely but could have been improved a little with a quick sweep to remove the odd twigs-but thats me being fussy.

Staff-fantastic, helpful, smiley and cheery, couldn't do enough for you.

Resturants-I didnt visit but they looked very nice with plenty of choice.

Golf/gym-Included with resort fee is the pitch and putt. Even though I've not played before I really enjoyed myself! Plus its a great way to get a tan! The gym looked very nice-exaclty what you would expect.

Location-I have to say I quite like the fact that it is not in the middle of disney, and the rest of the attractions. I have noticed over the last few years that 192 area and I-Drive have declined in standard. The area of Davenport is lovely-a few shops, resturants and other nice resorts. It really is a hidden gem.

I didnt pay the resort fee-expedia did which was very nice not to have a bill at the end of the stay. For the people who complain about resort fees-most hotels in Florida have a fee these days-they never used to-but even the cheap 2 *s apply them now. For what you get compared to the 2* star hotels fees its not that bad. I have heard that they now charge for parking-I was not told about this when I booked my wedding and I hope that this is not true on top of the resort fee which I will have to pay this time. The car lot was huge and you felt safe walking from your car-some hotel car lots can be quite scary!

Overall I loved my stay at the OMNI- you were made to feel special and pampered in all areas. I was really impressed by evrything I saw and would really recommend it. This hotel would make a lovely break for a family or couple-it is a holiday in itself-which is good when you have had enough of Mickey Mouse!

I can't wait for my wedding in August 2011 to return to the OMNI!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Everything is pretty good, as long as you are happy with the price. I stayed there during thanksgiving, didn't encounter the problem some reviewers have (i.e. crazy partiers, drunks, pot smokers..etc), maybe I didn't go out of the room after 9?

The biggest problem I have with this place is it's overly priced food. Pretty much everything is 3x the street price, even a small bag of chips cost $3 (89cents in 7-11 which is 3 min away). The fusion restaurant (zen?) charges outrageous price for their average dishes. Expect $60 per person at least, thats without any sort of alcoholic drinks. The breakfast buffet is $20 something. If this hotel is in middle of nowhere, I understand the reason behind the pricing. But it's inside a very well developed community. Publix is only 2 minutes away, inside a very nice strip mall just down the road, with decent restaurants, plus a McDonald (which I went to every morning for breakfast).

All things aside, this is still a good hotel to stay at. Very fun pool, great golf courses. staffs are friendly and great services.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

We have stayed in this hotel may times, the services has gone down hill the rooms are clean and the unexpected charges are upsetting. They do not tell you until you arrive that there is a parking fee of 14.00 dollars a day or a valet fee of 18.00 a day you have to pay unless a taxi brings you. Also there is a resort fee of about 20-30 dollars a day. Altogether expect to pay much more. We have found the Hoilday inn making a good come back! So BEWARE and bring extra money

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Omni for 3 nights at the beginning of December. We got a great deal through Priceline so I would suggest trying to go that route first before you book through the hotel's website. We knew this place was rather isolated which is exactly why we booked it. If you want to be in the middle of everything, don't stay at the Omni. If you are content with staying at the hotel and looking for peace and quiet, this is a great choice. The hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful. You have to actually be there to appreciate how stunning it is because the photos don't do it justice. They have orange trees and herb gardens near the pool that you can stroll through and enjoy. Coming from WI in winter, I especially enjoyed this! Though it was too cool to use them, the pools are fantastic! The quiet pool is just that; quiet, and so was the hot tub directly next to it. The other pool has a lazy river, zero depth area, and waterslide that looked amazing! We would love to take our kids back for that. The larger pool area has a poolside bar and grill that had drinks and sandwiches for reasonable prices.

The room itself was comfortable and clean and was good sized. The bed was incredibly comfortable! I wish I had it at home. The bathroom was standard with great water pressure, granite countertops, and standard bathtub. My understanding is that none of the rooms have whirlpool tubs which is disappointing. Our room had a view of the golf course but no balcony. Bummer. Towels and sheets were high grade.

We ate at Trevi's, which is the hotel's Italian restaurant, and David's which is a sports bar, and both had very good food but at high prices. Typical for hotel restaurants. On Sundays the sports bar has drink and food specials that should be taken advantage of.

The staff from the housekeeping, front desk and concierge was top notch. Everyone was very helpful and cheerful.

My one and only complaint about the Omni is the ridiculous $16 per day resort fee! This was a huge issue for me. When we checked into the room, there was a list of what the fee covered and it was down right laughable. One of the items covered was the use of the room coffee maker. Anyone that has ever stayed at a hotel knows how awful the room coffee makers are and even the most basic hotel will have an in-room coffee maker. The other item on the list was a daily paper which you DON'T get on weekends. The pools were also included in the $16. Are you kidding me? Does a Motel 6 "charge" for their pools? Omni has GOT to do something about this. Even the most basic of hotels don't charge resort fees. We checked in late at night and left early in the morning and still got charged for those days. Outrageous. If we hadn't gotten such a great deal on Priceline, I would have made a huge stink about the fee. As it was, I asked them to remove the fee and the hotel refused! Bad, bad customer service in my opinion. I guess they also charge a parking fee but because we took a shuttle service we didn't have to worry about it.

Would I go back? Yes, but I would have to get another smokin' deal to make up for that stupid resort fee!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I read all the reviews and we did go. Yes, they charge for parking and for resort fees, which are insane. But they also had a nice surprise for my husband and I, and we had a lovely room with a balcony to watch the sunsets. I am so glad we had the balcony. That was very worth it. But we knew before we went all the fees.
They could update their tvs. The rooms were clean and comfy. The MAJOR problem: 8:30 am "Knock Knock Knock, HOUSEKEEPING" you would hear loudly down the hallway in the morning. We were very upset at this. When does housekeeping ever come at 8:30am? This was completely unacceptable. We did have our private sign on our door, but we still heard the woman knocking and screaming at the other doors.
This is our only peeve. We were really relaxed and went back to sleep, but the hotel should correct this.
Meghan at the spa is amazing!!! It's pricey..I live in NYC and can get the same for half, but she was amazing and the lazy river was so much fun. I also liked the adult pool as well and that it was separate from the kids' pool. We would go back, but I am going to email the hotel about the housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We have stayed at the Omni Championsgate Resort Villas for a number of years during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has always been a pleasurable experience until this vacation. We emailed the villas directly and requested a villa that was away from the elevators and on a high QUIET floor. At NO TIME we were told that there would be drunken madness soon to ensue after our checkin. Within a few hours, the Margarita-Ball group of over 3000 guests checked into the hotel and villas. The partying, drinking, loud music etc. was horrifiying to say the least. Especially if you are travelling for leisure with your family, chidlren and elderly parents. We were told that if the drinking, partying, noise became unbearable to call security. We checked into the hotel at noon and left at 5pm...could not take another minute of this! People were openly drinking in the halls, the music was blaring etc. We should have been told at checkin of the situation that was about to occur. The hotel could have cared less and we are long time OMNI select guests..we NO MORE. We left the hotel promptly. Spoke to the hotel manager who agreed that we should have been alerted to the situation. The worst part of the entire experience was that the hotel charged us for a half of a day. Unacceptable in my opinion!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you and your family experienced during your recent stay to our resort. We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. It helps us improve our overall service.

Our management team made every attempt and took the appropriate measures to amend any and all situations which occurred during the philanthropic event for the 28th Annual Margarita Society Ball which was held at our resort during your stay. The Orlando Margarita Society is a non-profit organization to help needy children within our community. It's an event to celebrate a special season, and yet, allow all to contribute towards a better Christmas for the under-privileged children of Central Florida. We assess every event and we will look closely at how we can improve the booking of groups to prevent a future occurrence. Thank you for sharing and providing your feedback.

We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you and your family again in the near future. If we can help you with reservations in the future, please contact the executive asst. to the resort manager assist you in securing the best available rate and upgrade on your next stay.

Again, thank you. We appreciate your business.
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days while vacationing in the Orlando area. We chose this hotel because we love the Omni brand and had a wonderful experience at the Omni Mandalay in Los Colinas, Texas. The hotel is not right on top of the Disney Parks which was fine with us because we were hoping there would be less kids running around. The hotel was nice with a few conferences and weddings going on. The grounds were beautiful. It has a lighted golf course and the pools were a lot of fun. We actually scheduled one day of our vacation just to hang out at the hotel's pools. One thing that was disappointing was the quality of the rooms. Everything was "fine" but not "top-notch." The rooms needed a fresh coat of paint and updated furnishings, newer TV, etc. The chairs in the room were thread bare and the furniture had been dinged up pretty bad.

We ate a Croc's one day for lunch and it was good food at a reasonable price. The breakfast items at Morsels is a little overpriced but what do you expect from a resort? Concierge were extremely helpful and very polite. The free shuttles to the Disney Parks were awesome but you do have to schedule it ahead of time. If you miss the shuttle, you have to cab it back...do not miss the shuttle....they do not wait for you. The shuttle service is provided by Mears, not by hotel staff.

The parking fee is a little ridciulous. I believe they should reconsider charging parking for overnight guests and try considering charging people who are golfing or attending conferences. Just an idea.

If we had not booked at an amazing rate I would have been disappointed with my stay. But this is probably because we recently experienced an simply AMAZING stay at another Omni.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!