“Overall nice and clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Gainesville
“Overall nice and clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed here again for the second time on our trip to Orlando. The guest services manager named Yvonne was very helpful and nice with our reservations and emailed me before our stay asking if there was anything she could do to let her know. I told her we weren't able to get a good view last time and would like to if it was available. When we checked in there was a nice card from her saying if we needed anything during our stay to let her know, that was a nice touch. This time we got a nice pool view with high floor. We also were able to get the military rate of $98, which always seems available when we have requested it. That is nice because a lot of the nicer hotels only offer that on certain dates of the month. We used the lazy river this time and it was so nice and relaxing. We also used the spa services, I got my hair done and got my boyfriend a pedicure. They have nice spa facilities and it is real clean. We also used the game room. Other than that we didn't use the restaurants. There seems to be consistantly good service from this hotel and it is pretty and a good value for the money. I'd recommend it and the lazy river is a must if you want to relax.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

I spent one night here and the staff are very pleasant, however; the food staff at the pool are lacking. I heard several cmplaints by other guests at the pool the day I was there. Their complaints were that it took too long to receive food out by the pool, and their alcholic drinks were comped as a result. I walked over to Croc's adjacent to the pool and placed my order. 45 minutes later I still did not have my food. The waiter I placed my order with had come to the pool and delivered food to others but never came by to advise that my order would be our shortly or say anything. He saw me in the pool and made eye contact with me; I gave up due to hunger. I immediatly went up to my room, checked out earlier than I wanted to (wanted to enjoy the pool) on Sunday and went to eat off the property.

For this to be such a nice resort I don't know why they cannot get it together, they have been in operation since October 2004 and should have all the problems worked out. How can the bellmen, check in staff and valet be so nice and the food side of the house so deplorable!? Omni you lost my confidence on this one, the Ritz Carlton is calling me now.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

Sitting in my Omni hotel room writing this, have reservation for another consecutive night but not staying!!!!

My husband brought me here for my birthday, after spending the afternoon at the pool, concierge recommended we eat at Trevi's Restaurant on the property, big disaster!

1) Waited 15 minutes for server to initially visit table and great us. He took our drink and food order.
2) Waited 10 minutes for server to return with drinks, he never came, we left.
3) Informed hostess of complaint and asked that she cancel order; manager of restaurant was advised of situation. He offered to comp our meal ($30 total) and send up as room service, he would call immediatly to advise if meal would be sent up in a timely manner.
4) He called 10 minutes later (had been in room and thought I was forgotten about) to advise meal would arrive in 12 minutes.
5) Meal arrived 20 minutes later, not 12. Also, didn't receive drinks ordered (iced tea and soda).

Husband was speaking to the concierge desk while I was up in the room waiting on the food. Concierge was awfully rude and kept stating the hotel had done more than enough by comping the $30 meal. Asked for the hotel manager, she took too long to show up at the desk (our meal was getting cold) and called the room. She advised the hotel had done all it was going to do.

We travel all over the US and world, will never stay at another Omni Hotel AGAIN! So much for my birthday, glad to know my business is worth only $30.00.

West Bloomfield, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

I have to agree with most of the other reviews. The Omni is a "Great Hotel". The staff, service and property resembles that of a Ritz Carlton. A few days prior to arrival I received an e-mail from the concierge which offered to reserve a cabana by the pool, spa appointment(s), tee times, etc. Also, the pool area is very nice. We will visit again.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

This is one of the best hotels that my mother and I have ever stayed at (and we have travelled around the world). We arrived before noon, and they had our room ready for us. After realizing there wasn't a hairdryer in the bathroom, I called the front desk. Within five minutes, someone was at the door with a hairdryer for us to borrow. I joined the Select Guest program online before arriving, and we had juice, coffee, and the newspaper delivered to our door each morning. We also had turn down service each night, and a nice mint chocolate was left on each of our beds. The concierge was very helpful in giving us directions to different places we wanted to visit. Having an adult only pool and kids area was nice. The lazy river was fun. We didn't have a problem with the shuttle service, but we did rent a car because we wanted to go to Universal Studios and other attractions. We enjoyed the fact that the hotel was approx. 20 minutes from Disney because it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle. All of the staff were very friendly. I've raved and recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

I just returned from the Omni at Championsgate and I have nothing but praises for the staff and facilities at the resort. I used this resort to host a small gathering for my business associates. They were all impressed with their rooms as well as the restaurants and resort ammenities. I particularly liked the fact that is is not so "Disney", as I was not traveling with children or with intentions of visiting the theme parks. Our group had dinner at Trevi's (an Italian restaurant on site) and the cuisine was outstanding. I did not find the prices to be overly expensive, considering that this is a four-star resort. The average dinner entree was about $20. Also, David's (another restaurant on the property) has the best buffalo wings I have ever eaten. Try the David's sampler ($25), which is a platter of calamari, spinach and artichoke dip, and about a dozen of the buffalo wings. This is definitely large enough for two adults to share and be satisfied. Another nice feature is the complimentary wireless internet service. Also, if you decide to book the Omni, visit the (---) website and become a Select Guest member, which entitles you to some nice privileges, like evening turndown service and complimentary morning beverages served in room.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

Great stay at this beautiful property. Traveled with 6 adults and two kids, ages 7 months and 2 years. The lazy river and children’s pool area were a great escape from the Parks(e.g.: Disney, Sea World). The kids loved this feature, and the adults did want to get out of the lazy river. I rented a crib and a mini-fridge which was promptly delivered to my room within 15 minutes of arrival. Great Service! A plus, when traveling with a baby.
The crib looked brand new, as I was a little skeptical about using a hotels crib. It worked out perfect. Large rooms. (Deluxe room w/balcony). The balcony was so tiny that it is hardly worth paying extra for this. The room sizes were large enough that a balcony for extra space is not needed. The only thing lacking at this property are family style restaurants or even a casual dining spot for adults that just want to grab some casual/fun food after a day at the park. The restaurants reminded me of country club dining, which is to be
expected I guess, as this is a major golf resort as well. The hotel needed a themed children friendly restaurant or even a sports bar type restaurant for adults who want casual and still want to feel like they are on vacation.
Overall, this property is great, but, if you are looking for anything 'Disney' stay elsewhere. This property is for individuals seeking an escape from 'Everything Disney.' You get the best of both worlds, as the hotel is very close to Disney, yet the hotel makes you feel like you are no where near Mickey.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!