“We had a wonderful time!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Princeton, New Jersey
“We had a wonderful time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of May 21-24. We visited Disney World, and were looking for a luxurious place to stay and be pampered after spending our days in the parks. We trusted the reviews on TA and decided to try the Omni. We are so glad we did!
We booked the room through the Omni site directly, and joined the Select Guest program. What I like about the program is that you are able to check off dozens of your room and service preferences before you arrive at the hotel. You are also able to checkin to the hotel up to 48 hours in advance of your arrival, so your room is ready when you arrive. We checked into the hotel and let them know that we would be arriving around 12. We were surprised at the easy (25 min- exit 62 on I-4 West) drive from Orlando International Airport, and we arrived at the hotel by 10:30 am. Our room was not ready by then since we were early, and THEY apologized! I was so surprised. No biggie for us since we weren't expecting the room to be ready. The desk staff took my cell phone number, and let us know that they would call us when the room was ready. We decided to explore the area and grab some groceries while we waited.
ChampionsGate is a whole community, complete with a Publix supermarket, BP Gas station, Walgreens, and several eateries like a pizzeria, McDonald's, and Chili's. We went to Publix and got bottled water, fresh fruit, and snacks for the room. We also grabbed some breakfast from McDonald's. By the time we finished our meal, we recieved a call saying our room was ready.
We self- parked (for free), and since I had already checked in the day before, my key packet was waiting for me on a display at the front desk. We went up to the room, and were in awe of the great view from our balcony room. We were upgraded to a Premium room, so we received one of the few balcony rooms :)
The room was spacious, and the bed was incredibly soft and welcoming. Large entertainment hutch that held the TV, dresser drawers, and small fridge for refreshments. We moved the stocked hotel items from the fridge and placed our own in there.
The bathroom is large, with marble flooring. Nice large mirror, and it was stocked with the regular amenities.
Housekeeping and room service were great. They were a little pricey, however since we knew that this was a luxury hotel, we were prepared for the prices. The staff was always very accomodating and friendly.
As a member of their select guest program, we received two complimentary drinks at breakfast and a delivery of our morning paper. We ordered croissants (for a charge) along with our free juice. A nice way to start each morning with breakfast on the balcony :)
We never ate at any of the restaurants, but one of my fave guilty pleasures while there was a room service chocolate chip cookie. It was HUGE, with warm chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles on top, with a tall glass of cold milk. The cookie was warm and chewy...YUM! I had one each night- hey we're here for Disney World, why not act like a kid again? :)
Went to Downtown Disney for dinner the first night, and went to Shaw's Crab House. Took about 10 minutes to get there. The hubby and I looooooooove seafood, especially crab, so we were very excited to eat here. I had no problem making the reservation the week before. We got to the restaurant about 30 mins early, and were seated immediately. The crab was some of the best we ever had. A hint- eat the specialty of the restaurant you are visiting, and you won't be disappointed. Don't go to Shaw's to have chicken- eat the seafood! :)
The drive to Disney was about 15 minutes, tops. We left each morning at 8:30 to arrive at the parks at 8:45 since they opened at 9. We were always among the first to arrive, and had no problems riding everything we wanted pretty fast. When we went to Epcot, we rode everything by about 10:30 am and then had plenty of time to stroll the grounds, take pictures, and enjoy our lunch at Teppan Edo. A really nice day :)
I was able to use the business center, and print our boarding passes free of charge. Very nice touch!
Overall we were very happy with this hotel. Just be sure to join their select guest program, and do the online checkin a day or two before you arrive. They really do work hard to make sure they accomodate every request. I think those who were most unhappy with this hotel were people who didn't do their research beforehand. Read up as much as you can about the hotel, feel free to call them if you have questions before the trip, and let them know what you appreciate while on your vacation when you checkin online. Makes for a smooth checkin and pleasurable stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, June 9, 2009
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for sharing your photos. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
No. Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

My family and I stayed at The Omni Resort for 2 nights in mid May
The pools were very large and inviting and they had a huge lazy river for all to enjoy!
many bars and resturant ( very expensive) to eat.
The room was small, but had 2 dbl beds and a wonderful view of the Resort's pools
and golf course.
Overall it was a great hotel worth the extra $$$ for a short trip......

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your feedback. We hope you will stay with us again. Best regards!
united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

The Omni hotel was great for all of the family. There was loads of things to do for both me, my wife and the children. My youngest child ,Alice, loved the swimming pool. At only ten she enjoyed doing lengths of the pool. Her older brother, Jack, also liked the pool. Their favourite part was the water slide and the lazy river. I have to say I did love the slide too. The rooms were great and the cleaner. Well I have to say she was amazing at cleaning. She would set Alices toys out in the cutest way. In the morning we had room services. Me,my wife and Jack had tea. whilst Alice had a hot chocolate(it came with mini marshmallows.) The restaurant was great but we only went breakfast. At night time we sometimes went to the bar. This was nice because we could sit down and relax after the days at the park. We somtimes went to the Deli which sold food and drinks. I would go back but this time I might try a villa.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are glad your family enjoyed the recreation and amenities of the resort. We look forward to your return!
wayne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for conference, and paid about $120 a night which was a real bargain. The best thing about this hotel is the fabulous pool area. They have a quiet pool for adults, and a large family pool and a lazy river. They also have a kids club, in case you want to play golf all day, they'll watch your kids. We did not use this feature.
If you want to be catered to, they will do that, offering room service, valet parking for your car ($19 a night), and drinks and food by the pool. If you're not looking to play golf, I don't know that it's worth the usual $200-$300 a night. They'll shuttle you to the disney parks, but you have to give 24 hours notice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 19, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and enjoyed the pools and recreation. I would like to point out that we offer self parking in addition to valet service. If you decide once you are here to play golf and you didn't bring your clubs, ChampionsGate Golf offers affordable rentals and they have some terrific summer specials including twilight golf.
Glasgow, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

We booked this hotel through hotwire (and through simple investigation skills we knew in advance it was likely to be the Omni). Therefore we paid less than the minimum direct room rate which may influence this review.

However, this hotel as the description says was outstanding! We arrived four hours early and they allowed us to check in early which was a real bonus as it let us hit a theme park that day! The room size was average but the quality of the furnishings was perfect - from the bed to the desk with plug points to a really lovely bathroom. The room was very clean and fresh and the housekeeper was amazingly discreet - we never actually meet him/her but each day our room magically tidied itself up. We had the basic room and the room view was fab, just very relaxing.

The real strength of this hotel was the additional facilities (although you pay $16 per night in resort fees for their use). The lazy river and gym were amazing and very under used during our stay. We never used the formal pool as it looked a bit stuffy with a few the world beautiful people! We never got round to actually using the tennis courts becuase of the heat but again they were excellent. The services in the hotel were excellent too - lime juice on entry and exit and an apple if you fancied one too. The hotel also has a starbucks which made my partner very happy!

Staff were always helpful but never intruding. They definately strike the right balance in customer service :-)

Finally if the hotel has any bad points, and these have been mentioned in earlier posts, the cost for basic things are outrageous ($5 for a bottle of evian but outside you can 24 bottles of water for $4). However, we had no problem on emptying the mini bar and having our own mini bar stock! There is a chillis,wlagreens and publix at the enterance to the resort for stocks.

You need a car for this hotel - but isnt that true for most of orlando!

We loved this hotel and will definately return next time we find ourselves in orlando.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

The Hotel is beautiful and my partner and I had two fantastic weeks there. The view from our room was amazing and the pools were so much fun. Our room was huge and luxurious. The hotel is very easy to find from the Interstate 4 and as long as you are driving (or you have lots of money for cabs), everything is very easy to reach from the hotel.

We had two problems throughout the stay. The first was the prices they charge in the bars and the hotel shop/cafe, for example a bottle of starbucks ice coffee was $5, the vending machine in the local supermarket was $2.75. The cocktails were at least $10 each, the local Chili's resturant was round $7 and you got more for your money. Even in the nicer resturants around the area, the drinks and food were cheaper.

The Hotel has a daily resort fee of around $16 inc tax which covers the use of the pools, car park, wifi etc which we had no problem paying (although never had this charge on any holiday I have had before this). However in the first week we found the Formal pool and the nice spa pool was closed for a private function on three days and on one day half the car park was closed for a private event which made finding a space difficult. We did speak to reception regarding this and they were very helpful and resolved the issue by kindly deducting some days resort fees.

All in all we had an excellent time staying at the OMNI but we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
South Fla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

We stayed at Omni several times last year. We love the pool/lazy river & overall relaxing atmosphere. Each time we went, checking in was easy and front desk attendents were very nice. Our daughter (3), loves the kids back pack with goodies upon check in too. We have had room service at each stay & the food is good, quick, and hot. (Our last visit to Orlando we stayed at the JW Marriott & food was just ok & COLD when it got to our room).

When you stay, just make sure you check to make sure you have ALL your things when you check out. At our last stay I had brought a pillow from home with a fancy embroidered pillow case. Halfway home on our car ride, I realized I had left it in the room. (There was no mistake...it was left in the room). I called the hotel & they put me through to housekeeping to check the room & the lost & found. Of course, they did not have it. (Not that I think that they would want someones pillow), but I was saddened because the pillow case was very nice and something my great Aunt made many years ago (of great sentimental value). I mentioned this at my next stay with Omni & the manager spoke with me & checked again to no avail.

Although I love this hotel, I will be more careful when checking the room when I check out. Obviously, the maid service either thows things out that people leave behind, or chooses to keep them personally.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, May 6, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your great experiences both past and present. We are very sorry about the loss of your pillowcase. I have checked with security and housekeeping to see if it has turned up. So far it hasn't but if it ever does, I will go to great lengths to get it to you. Your photo of the lazy river is very nice. Thank you for sharing it!

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!