“Great time at the Omni” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Boston, MA
“Great time at the Omni”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

This was my second stay at the Omni. The first stay was a business meeting and this stay was one day of a fun side trip with my husband and 2 young sons on the way back home from South Florida. I chose the Omni because I knew the kids would love the pool. Check-in went smoothly. We had reserved a 2 bedroom villa since we had gotten a pretty good rate for it. It wasn't quite ready but five minutes later, the check-in clerk found us in the lobby and handed us the card-keys. Upon arrival at the villas, the card keys wouldn't work to let us in the building. When we got into the villa, the door was opened. The manager and the housekeeper were doing a "once-over" in the room. When the manager noticed that our kids didn't receive any Omni Kids bags, she promptly returned with 2 bags and fixed our problem with the card keys. The villa was AMAZING. There were 2 bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi tub and a very nice kitcheonette. There were 2 balconies overlooking the golf course and even a little sitting area off to the side with a sleeper sofa. We did not want to leave! My husband is an Omni Select Guest so we got a free paper and complimentary beverages in the morning. The kids loved the pools, especially the lazy river and the hot tub. We used the fitness center in the villas' building. It was small but definitely had enough equipment. Word of warning: we asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation. She recommended that we go to the Rain Forest Cafe at Downtown Disney. We were concerned since it was getting late with 2 hungry kids but she assured us that the wait was generally no longer than 20 minutes. Well, the wait was 2 hours! Downtown Disney in the middle of vacation week was a zoo. Overall, the Omni is a gem and well worth the few minor kinks that we encountered. We can't wait to return to the Omni for a lovely break.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, February 27, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. We apologize for the issue you had with your room key and are glad that our Villa associates came to the rescue. We will be sure to address your long wait for dinner at Downtown Disney with our Concierge associates as well as point out the range of many other options that are within 10 minutes of the resort. We look forward to your return to ChampionsGate. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

We recently stayed for one night on Feb 15th at the Omni Resort at Champions Gate in a room on the 7th floor. It is a huge hotel. The grounds, lobby, and pool area are beautiful. We did not get a chance to use the pools which was a shame. It was to cold. Our room was very roomy and clean with a nice size bathroom that appeared clean until I saw the mold on the bottom of the shower curtain. Kinda gross! I didn't notice it until the next morning when we were collecting our things to check out. The walls are kinda thin as well, not to mention we had an adjoining room which made the noise worse. The room decor was nice and tasteful but the beds where not that comfortable. The pillows are to thick and woke up with a stiff neck the following morning. I guess I'm use to other 5 star resorts having an assortment of pillows with different thickness. Overall all we had a good experience, friendly staff, quick service for a crib, speedy check in and check out.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, March 3, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. Our Director of Housekeeping was very concerned about your findings, and since you identified the floor that you stayed on, her department was able to inspect each room on the seventh floor to locate the shower curtain that needed to be replaced. We apologize for our initial oversight and we appreciate you for bringing it to our attention. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Best regards!
Evesham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

After booking the Omni we did worry that it would be a while away from the parks but all our fears were unfounded. It was a short hops to everywhere. The Hotel was fantastic and the pool complex and lazy river just amazing. Neer struggled to find a base at the pool to set up. I really would recommend it highly. I had the best steak I have ever tasted in the gentlemans club restaurant.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, March 12, 2009
Thank you for pointing out our location and proximity to the attractions. We are located just 6 miles West of Disney. I will pass along your comments to the associates of David's Club. They will appreciate your mention. Best regards!
Belmont, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I have stayed at the Omni Orlando Champions Gate twice, September 06 and September 08. The first time was while attending a conference, the second time was a vacation trip. The motel and grounds are excellent. Everything was clean. The pools have to be among the best in the country. The lazy river ride is long and has a number of nice water features. I just can't say enough about the pools, you just have to see it. Someone's review said this place was not kid friendly. I would disagree with that. Any kid that likes pools will love this place. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. The rooms were spacious and maintained excellent. Service was equally good. In 2006 I tried one of their on-site restaurants and also room service. Both were very good. They have an excellent fitness center. The location of the motel is a bit far from Disney but not too bad. The motel is at a golf course but I don't play golf. We stayed in mid September and very few people were there.

The main thing I think they can improve on is the taste of the water. The water is clear, but it tastes awful. I had to use bottled water to brush my teeth. A resort like this should install a carbon filter or RO system to remove bad taste. During our last stay, I was a little upset for a couple days because they blocked off 2 pools one day and one pool the next day for a V8 company event. So one day we could not use any pool except the lazy river ride and the other day we could not use the formal pool my wife liked so much.

The regular cost of this motel prohibits for us from staying regular, but maybe sometime they will offer some kind of discount. We like going in the slow season. I hope to go back again if we can afford it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Tampa Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

This place beats out Disney properties for everyone except for maybe the 13-17 y/o group. Guest service throughout the property went way beyond my expectations. The only negative I have is the Spa facilities was not staffed or supplied properly when i was there. It would be nice to hear steal drums or something musical during the afternoon hrs at the pool. They have a DJ, however, this person was not to be found. Other than too much bedding for my taste, the rooms were superb! The hotel is beautifully appointed throughout. Booking through hotwire.com was about $106. The outlets for food, golf, pool snack bar were excellent. The piano player at night was simply outstanding. His artistry with music was unbelievable. You cannot go wrong staying here.

• Liked — Tthe hotels beauty and service reputation.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to post a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We've also noted your comments regarding the lack of programs for teens. In addition to the pools, we offer our lighted 9-hole pitch and putt and we have a fire pit that is perfect for roasting s'mores, but in the future we should explore other activities designed especially for them. We hope you will stay with us again!
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

I took my three girls to Florida for a girls vacation. The hotel was very nice but I did not find it very kid friendly. It was out of the way from all of the attractions. If this was a vacation for just my husband and I it would of been wounderful. None of the restaurants seemed very kid friendly. Most of the time we ordered room service because I was not sure where my children we welcomed. The pool area was very nice! We loved the lazy river. The problem we had with the pool is that we could not find where they kept the towels. We did go swimming during the rain and no one was in the pool except for us but we could not find any signage to say where we could get towels. We finally went into the fitness center and used the little towels to dry off with. Then when we checked out I noticed a resort fee on my bill in addition to the regular rate. Which does not make any since to me, why don't they just include it in the price? If you want a hotel for a romantic getaway, buisness trip or a golf trip this hotel is very nice. If you want a hotel that is kid friendly this is not really the hotel that I would recommend. There was nothing for my children to do at this resort because it is so far away from everything.

• Liked — The staff were friendly
  • Disliked — Not kid friendly
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, February 16, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We regret that we did not come across as "kid friendly" in the areas that you mentioned. Maybe we should look at better ways to communicate these offerings to our families in-house. We strive to cater to families with children in many ways.

At checkin we present each child with a backpack full of fun souvenirs and a beverage cup that they can refill, free of charge throughout their stay.

We offer kids menu items in all our restaurants featuring pancakes, scrambled eggs and french toast for breakfast; pizza, PBJ, junior burgers, gilled cheese, spaghetti and chicken fingers for lunch and dinner; and cookies, ice cream and fruit cups for snacks.

Omni Kids Escape is a great option offered nightly. Mom and Dad, drop Kids ages 4-12 off at Camp Omni to enjoy kid-friendly games, movies, and dinner. This gives mom and dad a chance to enjoy some alone time.

A note about the pool towels. We distribute them to our guests from the Pool Towel Hut located at the zero entry family pool. The pools and the Towel Hut are open daily from 8am until 10pm.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Stayed at the Omni 17-25 July 2008 before going to Disney's AKL for a week with my partner & 12 year old son - we had a wonderful time! The hotel & grounds are lovely & well maintained and the majority of staff were pleasant - experienced problems on two occassions with a couple of front desk staff when trying to change travellers cheques (I do believe they were just being awkward as they couldn't be bothered as when I used the facility with other members of staff there was no problem at all). The breakfast was wonderful every morning - always being refreshed, plenty of fresh fruit & omlettes made to order. One waiter in particular was exceptional - very friendly & pleasant - I only wish I could remember his name to give him a personal mention! The pool areas & lazy river were great & never really too busy & we never experienced problems getting loungers. We ate on a couple of occasions at Crocs (the pool bar) - food was fine & huge portions! My only negative point about the hotel is that there are very limited rooms with balconies (I would say about 10% of the total) which is a shame because the views are stuning & I would have liked to have sat out on the balcony in the evening - I felt that the room was particularly stuffy & dry as there wasn't even a window that could be opened! I did ask for a balcony room but apparently none were available (it's just a pity that the people allocated them didn't even seem to be using them). Another minor point was that there was a large amount of conference guests although this didn't really bother us. Close by there are a number of shops & fast food outlets which is useful. I would not hesitate to stay here again but would need to be sure I could get a room with a balcony!

• Liked — Hotel Grounds & Facilities
  • Disliked — No balcony!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
K_Burnett, Leisure Sales at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, February 2, 2009
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to post a review. We appreciate your kind remarks and I will share your comments with our management team. You are correct that about 10% of our 720 rooms have balconies. Although we cannot guarantee a request for a balcony, we will do our utmost to honor your request. We look forward to your return!

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!