“Okay But There Are Some Issues” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore
“Okay But There Are Some Issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is your standard kind of business/golf resort. I've stayed in them a million times with my husband while on business. It's looks nice but there is nothing particularly stand out about it with the exception of the lazy river and the children's water slide. The room was a decent size and quite clean. The turn down service includes milk and cookies for the kids and a free coffee in the morning for the adults. The staff is friendly enough. The poolside waitstaff is attentive. It's a good solid hotel just nothing special.

But there are some issues.

My friend and I stayed at the Omni for two nights. She had purchased the reservation at a charity auction and so the room should have been prepaid. Unfortunately Omni charged her twice before our stay which took 4 calls to have remedied. Then charged her again twice after our stay. She's been on the phone with them once so far. We'll see how many calls it takes to have her money refunded this time. But that is her review to write.

I have 2 things that would be nice additions to the hotel and would definitely bump up the experience and 1 thing that just shouldn't have happened.

The first thing I would say is they need to improve their pool bar menu OR let people bring food from outside. We have special dietary needs and there was literally NOTHING on the menu for us to eat. So while we wanted to stay by the pool all day we couldn't because we had to leave to get our children food. Now I'm not talking about crazy specific needs but they didn't even offer a veggie burger. Who doesn't have at least one vegetarian/vegan option in this day and age? Even non-veg people are looking for healthier, better tasting veg options. We couldn't just eat chips with their bland salsa for 8 hours.

Secondly, if you list that you have kids activities by the pool, have activities by the pool! Most people aren't reading the fine print (or reading anything you give them for that matter) to know that they will need to register to participate in the activity. Plus often plans change. Just hold the activity and the kids that are at the pool will participate.

Now for the bad. And it's a doozy. We were lying by the pool in our chairs and my daughter says, "there's a rat behind you drinking water from a dish in the bushes." WHAT?! I look and sure enough there is a freaking RAT. The waitress came by just as we're discovering this. The poor thing didn't know what to say. She was just like, "well it's Florida. We have a lot of wildlife." And really that's true. We had gotten used to the birds swarming us all day looking to steal a bite. So I was willing to let it go. But later I come back to my chair and the rat is trying to get in my bags! I chased after it and it didn't even run until I almost had my hands on it. It clearly was not afraid of people and so had probably been running around the Omni pool for a long time. I figured I had probably tell the front desk.

So as we were checking out I made sure no one was around so as not to make a scene and very quietly told the woman at the front desk about what had happened and that maybe she could pass that on so it wouldn't happened to other guests. Unfortunately she treated me very suspiciously as if I had some ulterior motive. What that could be, I do not know.

In fact, I would not have even put the story of the rat in the review if she had not acted like I was after something and taken me seriously. But since she dismissed me, I figured other people should probably know that if they will be sitting by the pool, cover your food, eat quickly and don't bring any bags.

Room Tip: They charge extra for a golf course view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Tough course with a lot of uphill/downhill lies as to be expected on a links style course. Very slow pace of play...about 5 hours for a foursome of above average players. Good experience but most likely would not repeat.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom villa in April. I had an issue and addressed multiple staff members when we arrived at 11pm who couldn't help me. The next day I met Alyssa! She works at the villas desk and went above and beyond to make our vacation wonderful. If I hadn't met Alyssa I would have a completely different view of the Omni, but because of her we may return. The resort is beautiful, pools are great and villas are spacious. The villas here are similar in size and décor to the Reunion villas. Wish the villas pool had been heated. The food at Trevi's and Crocs was all very good. We spent a lot of time at the resort and must say the lounge chairs at the formal pool were the best we've ever had! We travel to Orlando every year and Alyssa made this trip a great one! We used the Publix, Walgreens, Chilis, and Pizzeria at Championsgate that are near the entrance to the Omni. It's a great location.

Room Tip: None of the 3 bedroom villas have a pool view.
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were in Orlando for World's Cheerleading Competition and were put here when the Allstar Disney hotel was booked up. Lucky us! It was awesome! 3 pools, lazy river, fully supplied fitness center and spa. It really was beautiful and the rooms were great, comfortable beds. They also provide transportation to Disney. It was a bit expensive at the restaurants but there is a grocery store right before you go into the resort so stock up on snacks. (there is a fridge in your room). All in all we absolutely loved it!

Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here over the weekend and was very impressed with the resort. Like all resorts, amenities are pricey so bring your own snacks and drinks. If you eat on site prepare to pay and prepare to pay for self parking as well.

Check in was a breeze and the rooms were excellent. Very clean and roomy and very up to date. The rooms facing the pool had great views as well. The bathroom was large and stocked with toiletries and the beds were very comfortable. Some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on in a resort. I didn't get to check out all of the amenities but they had multiple pools, a putting green, night golf on a par 3 course, outdoor and indoor bars, fitness center, lazy river, etc. There was plenty to do in the hot FL sun but I spent my time on the golf course.

When it came time to relax from a day on the golf course the room was the perfect place to escape and recharge.

The only issue I had was a bellman with an attitude but he could have just been having a bad day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dortmund, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Clean and comfortable hotel/ resort with nice pools, water slide and lazy river. Friendly staff (helping with all questions and requests) and very well serviced. Rooms are big enough to suit 4 people. Nice view from the upper floors.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Ashburn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Some people think when going to Orlando you MUST stay on Disney property. OK I guess I can see some advantages for certain trips BUT my family will NEVER stay anywhere but at the OMNI in Orlando. The hotel has wonderful pool areas, a terrific lazy river and my kids love the slide. The water is always comfortable regardless of the time of year. The breakfast buffet is literally to die for and my kids declare it to be 'AWESOME'. The breakfast choices are high quality and there is great variety. We always have dinner at Trevis and LOVE everything we have had there ever from the wine to the filet mignon to my son ordering pizza and then getting to literally being able to 'make his own pizza at our table' before it went into the oven. He LOVED it. Also, the wait staff is fantastic....courteous and knowledgeable. Lunch by the pool is also a treat. On out last visit last week my youngest son was dying for 'just a chocolate chip cookie, which was only on the menu as an ice cream sandwhich type item. One of the staff walked over to the deli in the main building and returned with 2 cookies to fulfill my son's wish. How very thoughtful. We LOVE the space (over 1300 square feet) the suite at the VILLAS provides us. We will be back in June as we do every year ahead of our Disney cruise.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!