“A nice place with superior staff” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Masters Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33896   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Orlando, United States
“A nice place with superior staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Champions Gate is a golf resort that served us well for a conference. The property is well maintained. The staff gets the highest marks for professionalism and congeniality. I used the fitness center, ran on the cart paths at night, ate at Trevi's and conference events. We also took advantage of the morning beverage service by virtue of being a Select Guest member. It was very pleasant overall. This was my second visit to this property and my second very nice experience.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

While the pool area and accommodations were nice, my experience with parking there will ensure I never stay at the resort again. After leaving my car parked one night in the $16 a night parking lot that is supposedly patrolled by security, I experienced trouble while driving. A bit uncomfortable, I drove to a auto repair store where the mechanic revealed to me that someone had attempted to steal my tires, as several lug nuts were missing. Not only was he completely shocked that I was able to drive my vehicle without losing a tire, he recommended I look into charges for vehicular manslaughter.
Two hours and $166 later, I was able to drive my car.
After several calls with the Omni Resort security staff, I was told by their customer service that the hotel assumes no responsibility for damage incurred on their property (as I expected). Additionally, they have no video cameras monitoring their parking lots.
However, what I did not expect was the run-around I received - no apology and several calls to get acknowledgement of a dead-end. It is almost as if the Omni experiences such on a regular basis.
I understand crime happens and not every situation can be avoided. Regardless, based on this experience I will not be returning and will strongly discourage others from doing so as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Jessica K,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. We have been in contact with you regarding the situation with your vehicle’s missing lug nuts. Based on several factors, it is inconclusive where the incident may have occurred. We provide our guests with parking lots that are not open to the general public and are only accessible to paying guests of the resort. We are sorry for the difficulty you had with your car on your trip home. Kind regards!
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my young child. The room was beautiful, clean, and well stocked. Our overall stay was wonderful. The zero-entry pool is a MUST for parents with non-swimmers! The lazy river was a hit as well. The hotel staff is friendly and courteous, and the grounds are lovely. There's even a playground!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Booked online with a great sale. Upgraded to include the buffet breakfast which was a fantastic deal for a family of 4. We would eat late enough that we were able to skip lunch and then just have dinner. Omni has become my new favorite upper end chain. They are very kid and pet friendly while also having all of the amenities required by a business traveler. The Omni @ Champions Gate is not one of the super large resorts which takes a compass in order to navigate your way to the pool. The pools are fantastic. Zero entry and splash pad for the little ones, a lap pool for the adults (that children are allowed to come into, but won't because they are having too much fun in the lazy river) and did I mention, the lazy river. I spent most of my pool time here being pulled by my kids. So fun... and relaxing... Join their free club to get freebies like cookies, water, free in room internet, etc. Other than the delicious breakfast, we did not eat in any of the restaurants in the hotel. The hotel is located appx. 10 minutes west of the Disney area and from hundreds of other restaurants if you want to venture out. There is a grocery store, drug store, and small eateries right outside the resort area just minutes away. This resort is very close to all the attractions without being in the congestion. Hopefully, it will stay tucked away, but not so with progress... This was a very nice couple of days in the sun. My husband and son came back the next day to play golf on the International Course. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A friend recommended this resort. We live in tampa and were just looking for a weekend getaway. I attempted to book the reservation online for a two room package, but I kept getting charged a separate price for each room so I called the resort directly. Front desk staff, BJ, booked the reservation for me. it took one hour total to book the reservation. I should have taken this as a foreboding of what was to come. Upon email confirmation from the resort of our upcoming stay 4 weeks after placing the reservation, i noted a mistake in the total number of guests in our party. I immediately called the resort and made them aware that we were a party of 4, not 2. I was told my rate would jump another $96/night. I protested, explaining that it was not my fault that BJ did not accurately place the reservation. 35 minutes later and after much protest, I was told they would honor the rate that I was quoted when the reservation was made. I guess they were doing me a favor for their mistake?! I checked in at 2, was charged the total for my 3 night stay PLUS Incidentals, as they call it, another $300. Seven hours later I was charged another 3 night stay charge on my card. I immediately went to the front desk and spoke with jasmine, who had nothing intelligable to say about this extraneous charge. She disappeared for 15 minutes and came back to say that Carlos, the manager on duty, had stepped out with another guest. One hour and 45 minutes and one more phone call to front desk, we have heard nothing. Our bank account has been charged more than double for our 3 night stay. Would I stay again? Absolutely not. Would I recommend this resort to a friend? Absolutely not. I cannot express my extreme disappointment in such a big name chain resort. Additionally, I am not even going to go into the lack of professional service that we encountered all day long...from lack of bellman at check in, one hour wait for luggage to be brought to room, no server for drinks at the "formal pool", etc, etc, etc. What should have been a relaxing weekend for my wife has started off as an exasperating, frustrating, miserable experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
K_Burnett, Manager at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Scott P,

Thank you for choosing our resort. We value your feedback. We apologize for the misunderstanding when booking your resort package. Package rates are based on number of adults and children since there are per person components built into the package.

The only time that incidentals are charged per day is when payment is made with a debit card instead of a credit card. This is a standard policy that a hold is placed per day and then released if not consumed. We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

Kind regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

A lovely hotel although travel agents will not advise you of the additional US $20 a night resort fee just that a resort fee is payable. But an excellent hotel providing peace from the days activities, in fact at times my 10 year old was wanting to play in the pool and lazy river instead of visiting the Parks. Excellent staff and a lovely hotel even though noise levels from other residents can be high on occasions (Wedding Guests? staying over slightly intoxicated) but not the hotels fault. Families are made very welcome and children can get to and from rooms avoiding the lobby when they are in swimwear so a very successful split from business to family pleasure. Ensure you join the OMNI loyalty Programme before you stay for extra benefits.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Elicott City, MD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We serve in a convention management role and have recommended/contracted this Omni property for multiple events. The professionalism and friendliness of staff coupled with an attention to detail is exemplary! Conference attendees agree... this is an extraordinary property to enjoy as both a vacationer as well as for conducting business.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate? Share your experiences!