Bottom line up front - This hotel is the destination for folks who want to stay at the hotel, use the spa and play golf. If you plan to go to the amusements in Orlando (Disney, Universal, etc.) stay at one of the chain hotels that are closer. For my reasons, please read below. Oh yeah, we also chose this hotel because we had a small dog with us.
Booked this hotel at the last minute through Travelocity on a family road trip to Florida. Had two and a half days planned for Orlando, one of them at Universal, another at Sea World and a half day of resting. Price was awesome - $109 a night - and the family was really impressed, but here is the catch. Parking is $15 a day or valet is $20, there are no other options. There is also a $20 a day resort fee, this is non-negotiable (well, maybe - read further). Considering that there are children's activities and three swimming pools, I suppose this is not unreasonable. But if you are unaware of these charges, you may feel like you are being nickeled and dimed. At this rate there is no free breakfast, and after a while it feels like there is a price for everything. I spoke to the manager on my way out and he comped me a day parking and resort fee because we came in very late, and was very understanding. He recommended that in the future, I call the resort directly and negotiate the price and said that I could have had free breakfast at the $109 rate if I had dealt directly with Omni (typically $22 for adults and $12 for children - $78 for our crew). Just didn't like paying for parking and resort fees when we where gone at parks all day and think we could have paid a lot less at a La Quinta or Hampton.
- Also Known As:
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel Davenport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, provides scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Theme Parks. In addition to 36 holes of championship golf, guests enjoy 15 acres of recreation including an 850 ft. lazy river, zero entry family pool, formal pool with private cabanas, and a lighted, 9-hole par 3 golf course, signature Mokara Spa and fitness center, and seven on-site dining options. The main resort features 720 newly renovated guest rooms. In addition, there are 49 two- and three-bedroom luxury resort villas, equipped with full kitchens, a dining room, living room and private patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.