We come to the Disney area quite often during the year and we have our one hotel that we usually stay. But...this time around we thought we'd stay somewhere different for our son's birthday. It's a nice hotel and we had a nice clean room with a nice view overlooking the pool. At check in, we were told one of the restaurants would be closed. OK...there are a few others to choose from. But, what we were quickly finding out, is all the restaurants were closed for dinner,for whatever reason,except for the bar/grill room on the main floor.So, that one was always crowded. We have young children so we ended up eating off property for both nights that we were there. We did have breakfast one morning downstairs and that was fine...we also had to evacuate because of a fire in the kitchen. We noticed little things like the gift shop not being opened,the coffee shop not opened, except the morning we left. The snack shop was so slow in service.We sat at the poolside bar area for almost 10 minutes before a server came over to us...they were all standing there by the bar watching tv! Felt as if we interupted her! Our kids did enjoy the pool and the lazy river, though. We did get a chance to play the par 3 course the day we arrived because they were closing that for maintenace. It's a pretty hotel, but it appeared it was operating as if it were in financial difficulty. A lot of little things were adding up during our stay that made it not enjoyable.We won't be back!
- Also Known As:
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel Davenport
- Omni Orlando Resort At Championsgate Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The four-diamond Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, located just 6 miles from Walt Disney World(R) Resort, provides scheduled transportation to the Walt Disney World(R) Theme Parks. In addition to 36 holes of championship golf, guests enjoy 15 acres of recreation including an 850 ft. lazy river, zero entry family pool, formal pool with private cabanas, and a lighted, 9-hole par 3 golf course, signature Mokara Spa and fitness center, and seven on-site dining options. The main resort features 720 newly renovated guest rooms. In addition, there are 49 two- and three-bedroom luxury resort villas, equipped with full kitchens, a dining room, living room and private patio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.