“Well run hotel, clean and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4050 Hotel Drive, Davenport, FL 33897   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Davenport
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Well run hotel, clean and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had to find a hotel at very short notice, so I drove down the US 27 and just looked at the exteriors. The holiday inn looked good, and we were not disappointed.
It is a quite small hotel, but it is well appointed and has clean and fresh rooms with excellent beds. It has a small pool area, but it is ample for the size of the hotel. The continental breakfast was very good with a few hot items to choose from as well.
The only down side was on the first night, the guy in the next room put his TV up so loud I thought he was just doing it to annoy people. I contacted the desk, and they had him taken away into the wilderness and shot. What a great service. If only more hotels were this accomodating.
{Well, I think that is what happened, but the noise certainly stopped.]
Good hotel with good staff and a good location for the I4 and the US27.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked a last minute stay on line through at a great price. I had a king room. The wierd part started when I was checking out early. I was supported in my decision by the front desk.? I was told that if I did not check out I was going to be told to move rooms. Not by choice. It was unnerving. I would be surprised if I ever went back. All was swell till then.

Room Tip: Use your points elswhere the rooms are under $60.00 a night.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our family of four stayed here five nights last week during our Disney visit. They do a decent job with cleaning the rooms (caulking in tube needed to be scrubbed with bleach though). You get wi-fi, warm breakfast, hot coffee, crystal clear outside pool, mini microwave/fridge and a wonderfully clean bed, (firm and soft pillows). Great hotel in which to stay for a family/person on the go. We would certainly stay here again! Oh, yes, and the shampoo/creme rinse had a fantastic cinnamon scent.

Fox Valley, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a considerable amount of time since May of 2012 and I am still here on and off through November. I have found the staff to be quite helpful during my stay. I have on rare occasion seen the showers have evidence of mold in the corners but I mentioned this to the staff and it was taken care of by the time I returned. The pool area is very nice. The breakfast is good but let's face it, after an extended stay like I have had even the best of breakfasts can get a little old. If you are only going to be at the hotel for a few days or a few weeks the breakfast will be fine. The ONLY negative thing that I can and will comment about is the coffee. Perhaps I am just too accustomed to strong coffees but at this hotel it is weak. But, that is why Starbucks make singleserving packets!
I cannot comment enough of the helpfulness of some of the staff, in particular Zenata and Nency, amongst others. It is the people you encounter on a daily basis that make a long trip seem longer, or shorter.
Thanks for the hospitality folks!

Room Tip: I am not going to tell people what rooms are good. I earned that info and I am not sharing. :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very nice, especially the front desk employees Renata and Nency! The rooms are spotless and quite spacious. The only downside is the internet speed is very slow. However, I haven't been to many hotels that have an acceptably quick internet speed.

• Stayed September 2012
Middleburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We needed a place to stay for one night as we were going to Lego land the next morning. I found this hotel listed on yahoo travel at $49 and the reviews (except for one person complaning about a stain on the carpet and some mold in the shower) and thought I would give it a chance.

We checked into room 202 around 9:00pm. The Check in was quick and no problems.

We walked into the room and it felt so good at 73 degrees. The room was spotless. No stains, no mold. The bathroom is normal size with granite shower walls and granite counter tops. There is a fridge, a 32in LCD tv and the Air controls are controlled via a wall-mounted thermostate. The beds are comfortable and a true queen size. There is a desk and a coffee maker.

This hotel is quite. I never heard any doors slaming, no one talking or making any noises. It's close to the interstate and we never heard any outside noise.

The breakfast is amazing! Biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, hot cinnomen rolls, fruit, bagels, milk, orange and apple juice, coffee, cereal, pancakes. It is really really good.

Some people in the reviews complained about the hotel being hard to find. If you are coming from Orlando, take exit 55, follow the circle around, make a right at the light and then go down to the next light and make a U-Turn. The hotel will be on your Right behind the Sunoco gas station.

This was a very good deal and I don't understand how anyone can complain about silly things like a stain on the carpet.

If you need a really nice and inexpensive place to stay then book it. It's about 20 minutes from Disney and 35 minutes from LegoLand. There is a shopping mall down the street.

DTown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotels offers so many free perks I was amazed such as breakfast, parking, WIFI, cable, a pool out in the sun and NO RESORT FEE. They do not have valet and bell services but was told this was an Express Hotel so that is why it is not offered. But they do have bell carts and elevators so it was not a big deal.

I travel a lot with friends and family and see all kinds hotels. I was reading some of the postings and amazed how some people can be so picky. A hotel is never just like home with so many different people stay in hotels they don't always treat them like they would there own home. Of course the carpet will have some stains and the bathtub will have some mold on the caulk. And this is Florida you will see a bug here and there. I currently live up north and I even know that the south has more bugs.

It is a little tricky to get to the hotel but so is most places in the south. For the price I paid I was close enough to all the parks and Lego Land. There lots of places to eat such as Denny's, Waffle House, Perkins, McDonalds and Burger King.

I am not sure what some of these other people are complaining about I had a blast while in Orlando and staying at this hotel. The overnight lady Nicole was very sweet and a lot of fun to talk too. She gave me a lot of cool places to check out while in town like Wonder Works, Downtown Disney and The House of Blues was GREAT!

Happy Travels

Room Tip: I always like the High Floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!