“Manager was a complete jerk” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4050 Hotel Drive, Davenport, FL 33897   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Davenport
Milford, Connecticut
“Manager was a complete jerk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I booked this hotel with reward point; my wife and I had travel delays WAY beyond our control and didn't end up getting into Orlando with our rental car until 5:30 am. We obviously couldn't stay over and requested a refund of points the next week. Upon calling, the manager I spoke to was bitter and spiteful about the fact I didn't call him immediately to cancel. He was rude and not willing to understand my perspective at all. NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY, that was for sure. I couldn't cancel in time because by the time I knew I wasn't going to make it, it was too late in my mind anyway. The manager said he would have refunded my money; had I called him at 6:00 am but because I waited a week, he wouldn't. It was entirely spiteful and not good business as I'm most likely moving my business travel to Hilton Honors because of how I was treated. He could have still said no, but in a nicer manner and I wouldn't have been prompted to write this review.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Goshen, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels before and this one was similar. Nice and clean and "new"-feeling. Breakfast is nice, hot options were the same our first and third mornings, but different on the second morning. Would have been nice to have some fresh fruit. Good selection otherwise.

It was too cold for the pool so we didn't go there. The bike in the fitness center didn't work quite right, I couldn't get it to reset or choose a program. Wireless internet was great and easy to use. I also used the business center to print out boarding passes for our flight. Again easy to use and no charge to print. The sinks in the bathrooms had a strange design - sinks themselves are small and the counter juts out in front of it making it awkward to use, especially for short people. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was standard with a small (not mini) fridge, small microwave, and safe, which were nice to have.

Location is good right off the interstate, but the median means you have to do a u-turn. Directions on the hotel website are good and tell you this. GPS devices don't seem to recognize the address (Hotel Drive) so try this one: 44019 Highway 27, Davenport FL. This is listed as the address on the room phones and in the elevator.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

A great hotel! Arrived earlier than my friends who had made the reservation (weather issues) and was welcomed and given access to the room without any hassle.
Breakfast was good - nothing fancy, but it tasted good and was hot.
The room was nice - comfortable beds, nice tv, etc. LOVED the free wifi! The lotion sample in the bathroom smelled wonderful! Bathroom was a tad small, but worked ok.
The hotel address did not register in the GPS, but I found the hotel eventually by looking for the sign on the highway.
The room was very clean, but a piece of candy was on the floor of the elevator all three days of our stay...yuck!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Clean rooms, nice staff. Breakfast was OK, could be better, could be worse. Recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Hoover, Alabama, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Express in Davenport, Fl. in mid September for 4 nights on a golf outing. We had never stayed at a Holiday Express before and really didn't know what to expect, but to our surprise we had a wonderful stay. It all started as we checked in at the front desk, we were greeted by two young ladies (Renata and Jahira) both with a great big and friendly smile, which right away made you feel at home . We knew then that we were going to enjoy our stay, they made sure that we had everything we needed for the stay. Each time we past the Check-In desk they always spoke and had a big friendly smile which made our stay much better or whom ever might be working did the same, which you don't find at all Hotels/Motels. Upon arriving to our room, again surprised, it had everything we needed --- very clean which is very important, a wonderful sleeping bed that I wanted to take home with me and the pillows on both beds, we found a set of firm and a set of soft pillows --so there, with everyone in mind for good night's sleep ----- a nice and clean bathroom, the safe was also nice to have and a very nice flat screen TV. Breakfast was nice. (ok) but it was hot, better than a continental breakfast and the young lady there was always eager to help The Motel's location was very convenient for what we were there for and will stay there again next year. We didn't get to meet the Manager, but maybe next time. Looking forward to next year.
Nita and Don Funderburg
Hoover, Alabama

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Very nice and fairly new hotel. It's not very visible from the road but it has everything you need and it's absolutely INexpensive. It has free wifi, free breakfast, and the room is HUGE. Really great hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Claremont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This is a nice hotel if you are looking for something right off the freeway. It's not easy to find using technology (mapquest was way off in it's directions and my GPS couldn't even find it) because I think the name of the street "Hotel Drive" doesn't register with maps. If we would have called first we would have realized it's that big hotel you can see from the freeway and wouldn't have driven RIGHT PAST it! You need a car in this neighborhood because there isn't anything interesting nearby except a gas station and a Burger King. It has a nice little breakfast in the morning and our room was attractive, clean, and had a updated bathroom in it. The walls were pretty thin because I could hear people in the room next to us. We only stayed a night so I can't say much aside from that.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando South-Davenport? Share your experiences!