“Great for the day you cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
River Vale, New Jersey
“Great for the day you cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I called and asked if our room could be in the quiet side..... When we checked in the lobby was busy with people all heading on cruises in the am.... Got our room quick .... Very pleasant check in.... Our room was quiet , comfortable and slept 5. I would definitely stay here before a cruise. The driver was picking people from the airport which I think is a bonus.... He will drop you off at the ship also. No car needed....Very nice staff ....free breakfast too!

Stayed April 2014
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear toni l,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the amenities, the staff and our location. I hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and I hope you'll stay with us again prior to your next cruise.

Enjoy!

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
ALL OVER THE WORLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had stayed the previous night at Marriott's Residence Inn, which is supposed to be a step up from Springhill, so I had a decent point of reference.

I arrived late at night at the property and the parking situation was confusing, you couldn't access the parking lots until you had checked in and had your room key encoded, so I parked in one of about a half a dozen registration parking spaces and headed into the hotel. There are two main parking lots, one very small and one much larger, but with gate controlled access. Arriving after sunset, the parking lot was DARK. It really was hard to see when walking back to the hotel.

Check in was very quick. The lobby area is bright and airy and the renovations that have been noted are almost complete.

I arrived in my room on the 3rd floor. The room was in need of renovation. It just looked dated. It wasn't shabby (Except for the bathroom), but it just looked tired.

There was a small kitchen area... with no kitchen equipment. There is space for a microwave at least, but it is just like a wet bar area. But that's ok... There is a sofa and arm chair with a TV and then the bed was adjacent... with another TV. So there were two large screen TVs about 6 feet away from each other. The bathroom was very small, with the bath and toilet in a separate room and the sink in the bedroom area. The bathroom really felt that it needed some attention, but it was very clean.

There is no closet in the room, just a clothing rail that is exposed. But again, that didn't bother me.

The sleep quality was great, the bed and bedding was the same as at Residence Inn.

Wifi was free and of a decent speed for web browsing, however, the log in process was not explained at check in... a phrase was scrawled onto my key holder which I worked out was the password.

The most impressive factor was breakfast. It was served in the lobby... far superior to what I had at Residence Inn, with more fresh options and the hot options looked more appetizing. There were also two staff working the breakfast area, keeping the buffet full and clean and even walking around table-to-table and offering muffins.

For the price, I couldn't have been happier. I enjoy staying in apartment type hotels, but the lack of a kitchen means I probably wouldn't do more than an overnight stay at this property.

The location is amazing for Ft Lauderdale airport and cruise port. Downtown Ft Lauderdale is about 10-15 minutes away and Miami is about 30 minutes (Subject to traffic). But you MUST have a car to get away from the immediate area. There is a retail park across the street that has a selection of dining venues from fast food to casual dining.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear oceanmatt,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate all of the nice comments you wrote about the property, the staff and our hot breakfast buffet. I agree that the rooms need updating and that's exactly what we have scheduled to begin in May. Perhaps by your next trip back to Fort Lauderdale, you'll consider staying in one of our newly refreshed rooms.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Schaumburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Always stay at this hotel before a cruise. Since our last stay the lobby has been remodeled. Our room was clean and looked refreshed, looked like a new couch. Someone said they are going to redo the rooms now that the lobby was finished.(????) We only stayed one night this trip and arrived late around 9 PM. There is a diner which is open 24/7 within walking distance of the hotel. The food is pretty good, so you don't have to just eat at the McDonalds. The diner also serves beer and wine. We like that the hotel has airport pickup and complementary shuttle to the cruise port and a Continental breakfast. Hotel staff is always helpful......their maintenance department even fixed my sandal in the morning when a strap broke.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear LadyclaireSchaumburg,

Thanks for your review of our hotel and thanks so much for coming back to see us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again and again.

Happy Cruising!

Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here one night before a cruise. Arrived very late so nothing as far as food was open except for the local McDonalds. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. Making sure to ask if we needed the morning shuttle to the pier. Room was basic but that's all we were looking for. Clean and somewhere to shower in the morning before we left. The breakfast was pretty good. Continental type with standard fare, bagel, muffins, eggs and a small make your own waffle station.
It's definitely not a 4/5 star hotel, but it is fine if all you need is the basics and want to feel 'safe' while you're there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Patty V,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the staff was pleasant and helpful. I always enjoy reading comments like that from our guests.

I hope you'll consider staying with us again the next time you're in the area.

Regards,

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed in hundreds of Marriott facilities and was frankly shocked by the condition of this facility. The rooms are a flashback to the 70's and it appears as though this was the last time anyone thoroughly cleaned them.
Very nice staff. But I would not recommend this facility to anyone based on how dated, run down, moldy and unclean parts of the facility are.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port.

I regret that your experience was not a positive one and I can assure you that all of the necessary changes are being made in order to regain your trust and hopefully serve you again in the future. Please visit us again this summer as we will have a completely new look in all of our rooms.
Corrales, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We are staying at this hotel now (April 2-5, 2014) and have stayed here twice in the past 3 years. We are disappointed in the rooms and their condition. The couch (which makes into a ed if need) is very uncomfortable to sit on (springs shot??). The floor lamp next to the couch is about to fall over as it is rickety. As mentioned in other review, the bathroom is a very poor set up with the sink outside the shower/toilet room. And the bed is 14" from the air conditioner, so if you need the fan/air conditioner at night and you are on that side of the bed, you freeze. The biggest problem is hot water. In order to get hot water In the bathroom sink, you have to turn it on, then turn on the shower water, or the tiny sink faucet in the 'kitchen' area. Even then it took 10 minutes to get WARM water. The shower is good. The breakfast is good too, although they could use more seating. The pool area is very nice. By the way, I am in a wheelchair and find most of the areas very accessible although the breakfast area is too tight to get a wheelchair through. When we got to the airport and called the hotel for hotel shuttle, they said for us to get a handicap van/taxi and they would reimburse us - which they did immediately. We were very grateful for that! The front desk staff is very nice and helpful, gracious with their time.

Room Tip: Room 217 is second floor and close to elevators. We never heard any noise from the lobby. But duri...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 2go4world,

Thank you for choosing the Springhill Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port and for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you were satisfied with the service of the staff and your enjoyed the convenience of the shuttle transportation we provide.

I'm sorry you were not thrilled with the condition of our guest rooms and I sincerely hope that once our rooms refresh is complete mid-year, you'll consider staying with us again.

Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed two nights before and two night after a cruise. Staff extremely friendly. Close to airport and cruise port. Upon arrival,pool was filled with leaves. Hot tub was not working but maintenance was working on it immediately. Pool was clean the next morning. Free bottled water and cookies at front desk. Good breakfast. Obviously in the middle of repairs so that will alleviate other customers urging that. Spent about two thousand dollars for two rooms, four nights total. Would stay again if repairs were completed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Jerry C,

Thank you for taking the time in express your experience at the Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport. We take great pride in our customer service and I truly appreciate your comments. As you mentioned, we are going through some changes in order to provide an excellent experience to you and all of our guests.

I welcome you back to so you may enjoy our new changes. Thank you and we hope to see you during your next trip.

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!