Stayed here for for a "short" night prior to a cruise. It was a first-time on a cruise for us, and first time we'd been to South Florida, so we weren't familiar with the area at all. We really chose the hotel because of the pickup service from the airport and the drop-off service at the terminal.
Arrived at about midnight on the day prior to our cruise on Royal Caribbean. The hotel has a very convenient pickup from the airport and to the cruise terminal (NOTE: They have complimentary service TO the terminal. You can arrange and pay for transport FROM the terminal). Pickup was pretty convenient, even though we arrived very late. We waited maybe 20 minutes from when we called for the hotel shuttle to arrive.
For our one night stay, the rooms were more than adequate. I do travel quite a bit though and would say that the rooms are a little bit dated and probably in need of an update. I could see a bit of wear and tear in the room we had. Chipped corners, cracked bathroom tiles, etc. But again, for our family of 6 that has stayed at many SpringHill Suites because of their room size, it was more than adequate enough. Room layout was pretty typical for a SpringHill. 2 Queen sized beds, a sleeper sofa and desk in a separate area, fridge, and bathroom w/ tub/shower. The room was pretty clean.
Breakfast was kind of a mad-house - very crowded - most definitely because it was cruise departure day. The staff tried as best they could to keep things moving and clean, but with that many people eating before leaving for a cruise, it really seemed overcrowded. I think if they were to design the place again, they'd have allocated much more space for breakfast. There weren't enough tables for everyone and one would have to hold and reserve a table. Breakfast fare was typical for a SpringHill suites. A handful of hot choices along with your typical continental fare.
One issue they do have is the elevators - and again, this could have been because it was cruise departure day. The elevators seemed slow and were overcrowded.
When we left for the boat, there was a bit of confusion in what line to get in. I think there were two boats in port leaving that day, so you had to ask. Additionally, the line would get so long it kind of go into the breakfast crowd.
Overall, I would use this hotel again for a pre-cruise night. If all your looking for is a place to hang-out prior to getting on a big boat, more than adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites