“Good stay for pre-cruise night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
Chicago, IL
“Good stay for pre-cruise night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for for a "short" night prior to a cruise. It was a first-time on a cruise for us, and first time we'd been to South Florida, so we weren't familiar with the area at all. We really chose the hotel because of the pickup service from the airport and the drop-off service at the terminal.

Arrived at about midnight on the day prior to our cruise on Royal Caribbean. The hotel has a very convenient pickup from the airport and to the cruise terminal (NOTE: They have complimentary service TO the terminal. You can arrange and pay for transport FROM the terminal). Pickup was pretty convenient, even though we arrived very late. We waited maybe 20 minutes from when we called for the hotel shuttle to arrive.

For our one night stay, the rooms were more than adequate. I do travel quite a bit though and would say that the rooms are a little bit dated and probably in need of an update. I could see a bit of wear and tear in the room we had. Chipped corners, cracked bathroom tiles, etc. But again, for our family of 6 that has stayed at many SpringHill Suites because of their room size, it was more than adequate enough. Room layout was pretty typical for a SpringHill. 2 Queen sized beds, a sleeper sofa and desk in a separate area, fridge, and bathroom w/ tub/shower. The room was pretty clean.

Breakfast was kind of a mad-house - very crowded - most definitely because it was cruise departure day. The staff tried as best they could to keep things moving and clean, but with that many people eating before leaving for a cruise, it really seemed overcrowded. I think if they were to design the place again, they'd have allocated much more space for breakfast. There weren't enough tables for everyone and one would have to hold and reserve a table. Breakfast fare was typical for a SpringHill suites. A handful of hot choices along with your typical continental fare.

One issue they do have is the elevators - and again, this could have been because it was cruise departure day. The elevators seemed slow and were overcrowded.

When we left for the boat, there was a bit of confusion in what line to get in. I think there were two boats in port leaving that day, so you had to ask. Additionally, the line would get so long it kind of go into the breakfast crowd.

Overall, I would use this hotel again for a pre-cruise night. If all your looking for is a place to hang-out prior to getting on a big boat, more than adequate.

Room Tip: Avoid a high floor. Elevators can be slow w/ large crowds.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope you and your family had a wonderful time on your cruise. Please consider us for your next visit to the area.

Happy Cruising!

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located, very clean, had a great full breakfast included and has great customer service! We got a double queen room that was very spacious! If you need anything, it is brought to you right away! The pool is very nice and towels are provided! The beach is 10 min away

• Stayed August 2013
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you found everything to your liking. I hope we exceeded your expectations and your experience with us helped to enhance your visit to our beautiful city. Please think of us when booking your next visit to the area.

ddaem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port before the night before our flight. We were greeted right away and checked in quickly. Offered complimentary water bottles for the entire family - very nice touch! Breakfast buffet was consistent with other Residence Inn buffets. Eggs, sausage, waffle stations, oatmeal, danishs/bagels/English muffins, juices, milk and coffee. Plenty of seating for breakfast as well. Beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious and clean. Would definitely recommend staying at this hotel before flights or before a cruise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the complimentary hot breakfast buffet we offer to all of our guests. I hope the service and amenities exceeded your expectations. I also hope you'll think of us the next time you and your family are in town.

Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was only there for one night. I was meeting up with a group of girlfriends and we were all flying out of Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend getaway. Since I lived further away, I decided to get a room rather than get up at o'dark thirty. Like the title, the layout was weird, but the room overall was fairly large for a budget hotel. It was clean and I didn't have any problems with noise. Finding the entrance to the hotel can be a challenge, or at least it was for me. I missed the turn in by the Burger King and ended up back on the Interstate. I didn't have my GPS with me, so that's probably my own fault. The staff was extremely friendly and I was greeted with a cold bottle of water, which is great on a hot Florida day. The BEST part was when I inquired if I could leave my car there for the weekend and found out I could leave it there for the bargain price of $5 a day. One of my friends picked me up at the hotel and we were at the airport in no time.

As I say in most all of my reviews, remember the price point you are booking before you start complaining. (I cheated and booked through Priceline (bidding) and got a fantastic rate.) You can't book budget hotels and expect high end rooms and amenities. This is Ft. Lauderdale and it's really difficult to get luxury at a budget price. This is an expensive area (the don't call it the Gold Coast for nothing) and set your priorities. If you don't care that the television was in a strange place and need a place to stay near the airport or cruise port and don't wanna spend all of your vacation budget on your hotel, then consider this place as a viable option. If you want to be pampered, pony up the bucks and check into the JW Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted we were able to meet your expectations and hopefully exceed them. Thanks especially for pointing out the friendly service your received from the staff. They try very hard to make our guests feel at home.

I hope you had fun with your friends and I hope you'll consider staying with us for your next visit to the city.

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a college touring trip. The hotel is easy to get to, right off of I95 but it is so quiet you would never know you were next to a busy highway. The hotel was immaculate, which is so VERY important to me. We have stayed at other Springhill Suites and although this one was a little smaller, it had the same terrific amenities. I love the living room area, complete with couch, chair and desk. The flatscreen TV swivels to make it accessible to different areas of the room. We took advantage of the pool, hot tub and exercise area. They greet you with cookies and water, which are available to you all day and free lemonade at night. There is a free breakfast included, which has a nice assortment of foods and drinks. They also offer you a free USA Today paper. The staff is outstanding, always friendly and helpful. The 1st night we had a problem with the TV, a person was at my room in less than 5 minutes. Free wifi and parking is also included. There are a wide array of fast food and other restaurant within walking distance or a short car ride. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Hollywood Beach and Boardwalk, a feature we definitely took advantage of! All these amenities contribute to a nice stay but again the most important feature to me is it's CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you especially for your compliments regarding the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I hope your tour of local colleges was successful. If your daughter does decide on one of our fine local schools, pehaps you'll choose to stay with us every time you come to visit with her.

Best regards,

Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel's free shuttle took quite a while for a short ride to collect us. The driver charged us $15 return to go to a nearby restaurant using the shuttle - did not ask about it since the front desk clerk gave us his number. Room was not entirely clean, but we barely stayed a night. Will not use again

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I'm sorry your found the experience less than enjoyable. Perhaps if you contact me here at the hotel, we can find a way to rectify it.

Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and normally find the Springhill Suites brand very comfortable. This one is like staying in a very cheap motel. The air conditioner did not work well and actually vibrated as it cycled on and off. The bed actually creaked like an old wooden bed when you got in it and was extremely uncomfortable. The TV was actually around the corner from the desk, which I have never seen in a hotel. The free breakfast was normal, but I did have to ask for yogurt and cream cheese, which were not stocked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my apology for the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay with us. I agree that the hotel could use some updating and we expect those issues will be addressed with our renovation scheduled for this fall.

Please feel free to reach out to me here at the property if there is anything I can do for you.

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!