“Once again, stress-free pre-cruise stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
San Jose
“Once again, stress-free pre-cruise stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 2 years ago at this same property, and they have consistently provided the same service: pick-up from the FLL airport within 15 minutes of calling; straightforward check-in (especially when we had to switch the credit cards); standard Springhill Suites breakfast including scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, breads, cereals & fruits (get there early, however, for less crowds); and KSA (travel service located in the hotel)-organized shuttle service to the cruise port. Comfortable rooms with kitchenette, high shower-heads, and separate sink area were welcomed amenities. The door of the business center was not working when I needed to do some last minute work the night of our arrival, so the front desk graciously allowed me to use one of the extra computers in the office (behind the front desk) for about 30 minutes. Also a plus: a strip-center mall for last minute items, and restaurants (fast-food, diners, and larger chain sit-down's), all within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and thanks especially for coming back to see us before your cruise this year. We always appreciate our returning guests because we recongnize the how important you are to the success of our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the property and the staff and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Happy Cruising!!

Kevin Mckay

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I usually don't like 3 star hotels, but I stayed here for the price and the customer rating on Hotwire. It was decent. The staff was nice and friendly and they did serve a free breakfast. It was good for a one night stay for me, but I wouldn't vacation there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and staff. I'm gald you found things in order and I hope you'll consider staying with us on your next visit to the area.

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We spent one night here last month. Location was good, but there is no sign out front that tells you the name, all you see is the sign from the hotel beside it. Check in was good the offer, water, cookies and dipped pretzles. We got our key headed to our room and my son turned the knob without a key and the door pops open. We call the front desk they stated maintenance was on the way, about 15 mins later they called and said they was bring us another key to another room because maintenance was at lunch. We had to move down 3 floors to our new room. In this room the remote didn't work, called front desk again and maintenance came, and left and came back with new remote said the one in our room wasn't the right remote. We had 2 double beds and sleeper sofa with 2 tvs, microwave and fridge. I expected the hotel room to be a little up to date/cleaner, but it seem to be a little run down. Breakfast was okay, eggs, ham, sausage patties, waffles, cereals, milk, juice, bagels, etc, seem to be plenty for all guest. If your looking for just a one night stay, this might be okay for you, the price wasn't too bad either.

Room Tip: close to Pompano Beach, shops across the street
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and staff. I'm very sorry about the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. Please feel to reach out to me here at the hotel and perhaps I can help to rectify the situation.

levittown, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights while in the area visiting family before going on a cruise. We stayed July 3 to July 7 in room 305. The room was clean, modern and well appointed. You can't beat the location to the airport or the cruise port, especially considering the hotel provides free shuttle transfers to guests. The transfer staff went out of their way to accommodate travelers and help them along, including those running late or nervous about plans.
When there was an issue with the AC unit, it was quickly taken care of and did not disrupt our stay. The staff even offered to move us, but it wasn't necessary.
The staff was incredibly helpful, answering questions and making sure we had everything we needed, including a stapler to secure our cruise luggage tags. The hotel's business center was fantastic as i was able to use the internet and print out travel documents at no cost.
The hotel provides a free continental breakfast, which was a busy place in the morning but had a good selection. The pool was great after a long day and was open late with plenty of chairs and tables around. There is a washer and dryer at the hotel that came in handy for ust. The small snack shop on the first floor sells detergent.
In all, I highly recommend the Springhill Suites, especially considering the rooms can accommodate six comfortably and gives more living space than a traditional hotel room. Prefect for families traveling together or looking for a few nights pre- or post- cruise.
The staff could not have been any more professional or nicer, including the busy front desk clerk on Saturday night who expertly managed all kinds of crazy requests with a smile and a joke. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: If traveling with someone with mobility issues, ask for a room close to the elevator and they will t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm delighted you found the staff and accommodations to your liking. I hope we were able to make your vacation a little more enjoyable. Please think of us the next time you're in the area.

Happy Cruising!!

Kennesaw, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Detroit (airport) an it was absolutely fantastic! So when I needed a place to stay for one night prior to my going out on my cruise, I decided to stay at the Springhill Suites ft. Lauderdale.

It was certainly not what I expected. The staff as absolutely FANTASTIC, everyone from the shuttle driver to the top person at the hotel. They were overly accommodating, as well. However, the hotel itself needs a lot of updating and improvement. The rooms, while clean, were dark and outdated.

The good news was that it made me even more excited to go on the Oasis!

I asked someone at the hotel why they were so outdated and he says that most people stay there for only one night, so they have not made the investment.

The other bit of good news is that the location is fabulous... places to walk to, if you want to grab a quick bite. And places to walk to for easy shopping (Kmart, Marshalls, etc.).

One more thing....They advertise that they have free shuttle to/from the cruise port. But apparently it is only free to the port, but there is a $10 charge, from the port back to the hotel.

Room Tip: We had several rooms... I don't recall my room number, but hen I opened my window there was a HU...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thanks especially for your kind words regarding the staff. They try very hard to go above and beyond for our guests and I hope they have exceeded your expectations.

You may be happy to know that our hotel is scheduled for a renovation this fall. We are all very excited and I hope this will encourage you to come back and see us the next time you're in the area.

nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Recently had a 2 night pre cruise stay at this hotel. Free shuttle to & from FLL Airport & cruise port. We were cruising out of Miami, so had to pay for a shutte that was recommended by the hotel. Friendly, helpful staff. Basic fast food within easy walking distance, as well as a shopping center. Comfortable room with 2 flat screen TVs. The pool looked like it needed cleaning. A nice breakfast included. Would stay there again for the price we booked through Priceline.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your kind words about the staff. I hope we were able to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Please think of us the next time you're in the area.

Happy Cruising!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Dania Beach a few weekends ago. I was very pleased from beginning to end of my stay. the shuttle was very convenient fast and friendly. when I arrived at the hotel I was warmly greeted by Christina and Elena. I was offered free complimentary water and snacks as they got me checked into my room very quickly. the rooms were very clean and presentable with no maintenance issues that I tell, that's always a plus. I did call the front desk to let them know that my TV wasn't working correctly and they sent a maintenance worker to my room which arrived in a timely manner, turned out the remote needed new batteries, silly me and it was a quick fix. Ryan was very helpful as he took care if it, was polite and knowledgeable. Housekeeper liuva was gracious enough to bring me new linens as I needed. let me not forget to mention how great the breakfast was, there was a big variety to choose from that was very delicious and the kitchen staff were friendly. If your looking for a nice quite, comfortable stay with friendly staff and great amenities then stay at the SpringHill Suites in Dania Beach. I know I will be back again. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I'm happy to know you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer and I hope our staff exceeded your expectations. Please visit us the next time you're in the area.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!