Stayed at the SpringHill Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport for a business trip for 3 days, May 29-31, 2013. First the good: Staff courteous and friendly, especially Breakfast staff, they were super. Nice breakfast selections, was plenty of room for everyone (but this was Wed-Fri); Room was clean and confortable, pool area was very nice; pool was warm and we enjoyed unwinding there in the evenings. Now the bad; on the morning before traveling to the customer site (for work), arose early for a shower and no hot water. Let the water run for 20 minutes, still no hot water, not even lukewarm...COLD. So I called downstairs and asked for help...they asked if I wanted to change rooms but it was 6 AM in the morning and I needed to prepare for work so I could not move at that time; I was assured the maintenance staff would look at this later today and they sent someone up with a key to another room (just 2 doors down) and I went in there and showered. A bit strange (being a female, felt a little wary), but I had no choice if I wanted to be clean! So that was OK. As I left for the day I turned in the key to the other room and again asked if someone would look at getting my hot water fixed by this evening; I was assured that maintenance would check it. So, we came in late that evening (around 9 PM) and then went down to the pool area. Went back to the room around 10:30 PM and turned on water for a shower....no hot water. Still ice COLD. Called the front desk and asked if anyone had checked my room; spoke to a young woman who said they could send maintenance up there NOW (almost 11 PM) and I asked why had they not looked at it in the 14 hoursI had been gone all day (I had reported it to them twice). She then put me on hold and did not return to my call, I was on hold about 3 minutes and I finally hung up. I called back to the front desk and a young man answered and was very apologetic and said he could move my room but I declined...it was 11 PM by that time and I wasn't repacking and moving as this was my last night. So I visited my customer the next day with an aura of cholorinated pool water as I didn't get another shower. My biggest gripe is that they had 14+ hours to check the hot water, and to let me know when I came back for the evening that either it was fixed or it could not be fixed and I could have moved then...the fact is no body paid any attention to my complaint of no hot water, and then put me on perpetual hold when they had no answer for me as to why it did not get checked. If you are going to stay for one night and don't mind smelling like pool the next day, this is the place for you. If you are a buisness traveler, my advice is to look elsewhere (or check your water when you arrive).
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.