“Good for a pre-cruise stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
“Good for a pre-cruise stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Good hotel to stay one-night before or after cruise. Good bus shuttle service to the Ft. Lauderdale port. Elevators small and extremely busy in mornings when people leaving for or coming from cruise ships. Plan accordingly for your shuttle bus departure. Nice breakfast. Soda machines not available on floors, but a nice snack shop with sodas is located next to front desk in lobby. If shopping for wine or similar beverages on Sunday morning, remember liquor cannot be sold until 11:00am (some said noon) on Sundays. Shopping center across the street has stores with liquor. McDonald's also very close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the positive feedback. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Two days in a row there were car jackings at this hotel. Today (May 12,2013) 5 cars were broken into and my car was one of those. The surveillance cameras do not work(so forget about footage if something happens to you or your vehicle). I was not notified that my car was broken into, I realized something was wrong when the worker was sweeping up the car glass from underneath and behind my car. I felt so sick and violated!!!!! My car that I have for less than a year has been broken into and no manager or front desk person said anything. I have yet to hear from the manager (whether it is Sunday or not, that person should have called)!!! I had to go in and demand for assistance to get something to cover my car since there was weather soon approaching. They tried to empathize with me but how does that make me feel better when you tell me this incident has happened before. You are not doing fostering any steps to protect your customers well being and property!!! Above all the front desk personnel told me that they are not responsible for car break ins. They told me that they are going to view the footage and see who it is. As far as I am concern you are, especially when you are not making steps to put ensure a security workers to walk the grounds or the police to do a walk about. A worker there has parked in a different spot after the first set of break in and says..they keep checking on the car to see if it is broken into or not. For first class charges you sure display a 3rd rate service when it comes to your customers property. A lawyer needs to deal with this company to set them straight or some type of regulating board. I can only hope that everyone checks on their vehicle or proper measures were put in.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have always taken every precaution to ensure the safety of our guests. It is a very unfortunate circumstance when something as unusual as vehicle break-ins occur at our hotel, but we have been cooperating with the local sherriff's office and have offered as much assistance as we can provide to them since the aforementioned incident. I sincerely hope they are successful in utilizing that information to track down the people who did this.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I've seen a lot of nice hotels from this brand - this was not one of them. Many South Florida hotels struggle to not be overtaken by the old, moldy smell that comes with lots of humidity. This hotel is losing that battle. The room was pretty beat up, and the clientele I saw you can tell it's a quick-stop hotel mostly for cruisers The price was right, so if you just need a cheap place to stay, could be a good option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that the hotel could use some attention with regard to the overall condition. We expect that the renovation we have scheduled for this fall will eliminate the issues you encountered. Perhaps after the renovation you'll choose to stay with us again.

Fernandina Beach, Florida

Very courteous....helpfull staff
Good location...close restaurants...shopping...
Very Pleased

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and thank you especially for your loyalty! I'm very happy your were satisfied with the staff service and the accommodations and I hope you'll consider us the next time you're visiting the area.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Convenient for arrival and departure to FLL. Welcome at desk was good, with bonus gifts of water and goodies. Both rooms were standard Springhill Suites, comfortable, but showing some signs of tiredness.Breakfasts never change. Being a frequent Marriott guest, I would like to see more variety introduced. All in all, good stays!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed both of your nights with us. Based on your comments, you may be happy to know that the hotel is scheduled to introduce the new Springhill Suites breakfast in the very near future and we are scheduled for a renovation to begin in October.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks again,

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very clean and comfortable, great breakfast with Canadian bacon. Lots of folks taking cruise and airport travelers. We had a family event at the Hard Rock, much more for the $$$ than Hard Rock, only 5 min drive, plus no smoking. My dtr lost her earring down the sink and the engineers got it out at 10:30 pm on a Sat night, very helpful. Friendly staff, water bottles a nice touch. We spoke with a variety of guests, some international travelers and yoga folks. The lobby is filled with Cruisers, all in good spirits, byob, not everyone was drinking Bud, some imports too.

Room Tip: We liked the King Suite, we are a family of 3 with a teenager.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

New England - USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We drove to the Fort Lauderdale area because we were booked on a cruise from the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. We needed a clean, comfortable, moderately-priced hotel/motel where we could stay the night before and the night after our cruise, as well as a place that would allow us to leave our car there for the two weeks in-between while we were gone. This hotel was the perfect choice. Not only were we able to do all of the above, but there were convenient free shuttles to and from the cruise port and the airport for guests. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful. Also, the continental breakfast in the morning was decent, and offered not only muffins and cereal and pastries, but scrambled eggs, waffles, ham, sausage, juices, fruit, etc. This is not a luxury hotel; it is a moderately-priced one for travelers. The facility is clean, convenient, comfortable, and offered every service we wanted for the start and finish of our cruise. We would stay here again for the same purpose in a heartbeat. It was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and the service our staff was able to provide to you and yours. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!