“Family Trip at Hard Rock” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Family Trip at Hard Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very clean and comfortable, great breakfast with Canadian bacon. Lots of folks taking cruise and airport travelers. We had a family event at the Hard Rock, much more for the $$$ than Hard Rock, only 5 min drive, plus no smoking. My dtr lost her earring down the sink and the engineers got it out at 10:30 pm on a Sat night, very helpful. Friendly staff, water bottles a nice touch. We spoke with a variety of guests, some international travelers and yoga folks. The lobby is filled with Cruisers, all in good spirits, byob, not everyone was drinking Bud, some imports too.

Room Tip: We liked the King Suite, we are a family of 3 with a teenager.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the positive feedback. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New England - USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We drove to the Fort Lauderdale area because we were booked on a cruise from the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. We needed a clean, comfortable, moderately-priced hotel/motel where we could stay the night before and the night after our cruise, as well as a place that would allow us to leave our car there for the two weeks in-between while we were gone. This hotel was the perfect choice. Not only were we able to do all of the above, but there were convenient free shuttles to and from the cruise port and the airport for guests. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful. Also, the continental breakfast in the morning was decent, and offered not only muffins and cereal and pastries, but scrambled eggs, waffles, ham, sausage, juices, fruit, etc. This is not a luxury hotel; it is a moderately-priced one for travelers. The facility is clean, convenient, comfortable, and offered every service we wanted for the start and finish of our cruise. We would stay here again for the same purpose in a heartbeat. It was just what we were looking for.

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and the service our staff was able to provide to you and yours. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel itself is ok, a little dated but a place to sleep ,and breakfast is average. They have a shuttle service , but only goes at certain times. If you want to get to port early for a cruise they chare you $10 a head. I asked about taking a taxi, and was told it cost in excess of $30 ( really pushing their pay shuttle). At the end of my cruise took a taxi found it would only cost $16. I don't mind paying for things , but to lie about costs bothers me so I would not recommend this hotel

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Ann Arbor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A basic hotel near the cruise port, if that's what you're after. Clean and friendly, but over-run with cruisers. Here's a tip: bring your own case of Bud Light and drink it in the lobby, and you'll fit right in with everyone else 'cause that's what they were doing! Breakfast Saturday morning before the cruises was complete chaos. Shuttle to and from the airport was busy and crowded, but free.

Location is near lots of chain restaurants and strip malls.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Location is excellent. Plenty of dining options within walking and driving distance. check in was easy as well as free transport to and from airport. Local area has great shopping plaza across and very spacious rooms. Really enjoyed our stay and great stop after returning from our cruise. I would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs and I hope you had a great time on your cruise. Additionally, I hope we exceeded your expectations and I'd be delighted if you'd consider staying with us for your next visit to the area.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline. We got in late from our flight, and the receptionist was extremely nice and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room didn't have any toiletries, but they stopped mopping the floors to go find some for us! GREAT service. The hotel was pretty standard and clean. Breakfast was great and had lots of options. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the interstate so it will be quieter
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Lutherville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this room using Marriott points. We were just looking for a nice place. close to the airport, to stay overnight on our way back from the Keys. We visited family in Fort Lauderdale, and had a flight out the next day. The room was nice, with a sitting area. The front desk staff was helpful, with check-in and when I went back to ask local information. (Even loaned me a bottle opener). The bed was comfy, and even though our room overlooked Interstate 95, there wan't any highway noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!