“Just What We Were Looking For” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
New England - USA
“Just What We Were Looking For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We drove to the Fort Lauderdale area because we were booked on a cruise from the Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port. We needed a clean, comfortable, moderately-priced hotel/motel where we could stay the night before and the night after our cruise, as well as a place that would allow us to leave our car there for the two weeks in-between while we were gone. This hotel was the perfect choice. Not only were we able to do all of the above, but there were convenient free shuttles to and from the cruise port and the airport for guests. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful. Also, the continental breakfast in the morning was decent, and offered not only muffins and cereal and pastries, but scrambled eggs, waffles, ham, sausage, juices, fruit, etc. This is not a luxury hotel; it is a moderately-priced one for travelers. The facility is clean, convenient, comfortable, and offered every service we wanted for the start and finish of our cruise. We would stay here again for the same purpose in a heartbeat. It was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and the service our staff was able to provide to you and yours. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel itself is ok, a little dated but a place to sleep ,and breakfast is average. They have a shuttle service , but only goes at certain times. If you want to get to port early for a cruise they chare you $10 a head. I asked about taking a taxi, and was told it cost in excess of $30 ( really pushing their pay shuttle). At the end of my cruise took a taxi found it would only cost $16. I don't mind paying for things , but to lie about costs bothers me so I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Ann Arbor
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A basic hotel near the cruise port, if that's what you're after. Clean and friendly, but over-run with cruisers. Here's a tip: bring your own case of Bud Light and drink it in the lobby, and you'll fit right in with everyone else 'cause that's what they were doing! Breakfast Saturday morning before the cruises was complete chaos. Shuttle to and from the airport was busy and crowded, but free.

Location is near lots of chain restaurants and strip malls.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Location is excellent. Plenty of dining options within walking and driving distance. check in was easy as well as free transport to and from airport. Local area has great shopping plaza across and very spacious rooms. Really enjoyed our stay and great stop after returning from our cruise. I would stay there again under the same circumstances.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs and I hope you had a great time on your cruise. Additionally, I hope we exceeded your expectations and I'd be delighted if you'd consider staying with us for your next visit to the area.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline. We got in late from our flight, and the receptionist was extremely nice and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room didn't have any toiletries, but they stopped mopping the floors to go find some for us! GREAT service. The hotel was pretty standard and clean. Breakfast was great and had lots of options. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the interstate so it will be quieter
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Lutherville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this room using Marriott points. We were just looking for a nice place. close to the airport, to stay overnight on our way back from the Keys. We visited family in Fort Lauderdale, and had a flight out the next day. The room was nice, with a sitting area. The front desk staff was helpful, with check-in and when I went back to ask local information. (Even loaned me a bottle opener). The bed was comfy, and even though our room overlooked Interstate 95, there wan't any highway noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Batavia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We made "guaranteed" reservations at Marriott.com for this hotel two months prior to our two night stay. A week before our two night stay was to begin, we received an email from the hotel reminding us of our upcoming stay. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:30 a.m. for our stay, we were told that the hotel was overbooked and no rooms were available despite our guaranteed reservations SpringHill put us up in another hotel 13 miles across town at a Best Western and paid for our stay. We were really furious about this news. After driving across town, we finally arrived at the Best Western, dragged our 8 bags of luggage to the room and settled in, which was now 2:30 a.m.

The free breakfast at Best Western ended at 9:00 a.m., so we had to get up early so we could take advantage of the breakfast. After eating breakfast and checking out by 11:00 a.m., we headed back to the SpringHill Suites and spoke directly with the hotel manager. She was very pleasant and apologized for the problems we had. She was able to get us in a room for the second night of our stay.

The hotel was nice. Nice lobby area. The breakfast area was spacious with a variety of hot and cold breakfast foods. The rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. A few restaurants were near by within walking distance.

On Sunday, we checked out and utilized the free shuttle that took us to Port Everglades to being our cruise for the week. After the cruise ended the following Saturday, we took the shuttle back to the SpringHill Suites and stayed another night. The return shuttle cost was $10 per person which isn't a bad price to pay. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems with our reservations this time.

The following day, we were up and on the shuttle bus to the airport at 4:30 a.m. Since the airport was close, we arrived within 15 minutes.

Overall, our stay was good, with the exception of the first night, but Marriott made things right.

After the trouble we had with the first night, I called the disctrict manager Kevin McKay and left a voice mail message telling him of our problem we had with the first night and asked that he return the call so we could discuss the matter. He did not return my call before neither before our cruise nor after the cruise.

When we arrived back home this week, I sent an email to Marriott Customer Care online advising them of the problem we had and the inconvenience it caused us. I mentioned that we also never received a response from the district manager either. I simply asked that Marriott make things right by reimbursing us for our second night stay at SpringHill Suites due to the inconvenience it cause and the delay it caused us for the plans we had made during our stay. I received and email from Marriott indicating they had forwarded by email to hotel's Executive office. Within a couple hours, I received an email from Kevin McKay the general manager apologizing for our troubles. He graciously agreed to reimburse us for our second night stay and also added several thousand additional Marriott points to my account. Marriott made things right leaving me a happy Marriott customer again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning our hotel. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you were caused and I'm glad we were able to make it right for you.

Kevin Mckay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!