We made "guaranteed" reservations at Marriott.com for this hotel two months prior to our two night stay. A week before our two night stay was to begin, we received an email from the hotel reminding us of our upcoming stay. When we arrived at the hotel at 1:30 a.m. for our stay, we were told that the hotel was overbooked and no rooms were available despite our guaranteed reservations SpringHill put us up in another hotel 13 miles across town at a Best Western and paid for our stay. We were really furious about this news. After driving across town, we finally arrived at the Best Western, dragged our 8 bags of luggage to the room and settled in, which was now 2:30 a.m.
The free breakfast at Best Western ended at 9:00 a.m., so we had to get up early so we could take advantage of the breakfast. After eating breakfast and checking out by 11:00 a.m., we headed back to the SpringHill Suites and spoke directly with the hotel manager. She was very pleasant and apologized for the problems we had. She was able to get us in a room for the second night of our stay.
The hotel was nice. Nice lobby area. The breakfast area was spacious with a variety of hot and cold breakfast foods. The rooms were nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. A few restaurants were near by within walking distance.
On Sunday, we checked out and utilized the free shuttle that took us to Port Everglades to being our cruise for the week. After the cruise ended the following Saturday, we took the shuttle back to the SpringHill Suites and stayed another night. The return shuttle cost was $10 per person which isn't a bad price to pay. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems with our reservations this time.
The following day, we were up and on the shuttle bus to the airport at 4:30 a.m. Since the airport was close, we arrived within 15 minutes.
Overall, our stay was good, with the exception of the first night, but Marriott made things right.
After the trouble we had with the first night, I called the disctrict manager Kevin McKay and left a voice mail message telling him of our problem we had with the first night and asked that he return the call so we could discuss the matter. He did not return my call before neither before our cruise nor after the cruise.
When we arrived back home this week, I sent an email to Marriott Customer Care online advising them of the problem we had and the inconvenience it caused us. I mentioned that we also never received a response from the district manager either. I simply asked that Marriott make things right by reimbursing us for our second night stay at SpringHill Suites due to the inconvenience it cause and the delay it caused us for the plans we had made during our stay. I received and email from Marriott indicating they had forwarded by email to hotel's Executive office. Within a couple hours, I received an email from Kevin McKay the general manager apologizing for our troubles. He graciously agreed to reimburse us for our second night stay and also added several thousand additional Marriott points to my account. Marriott made things right leaving me a happy Marriott customer again.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.