We stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Given the demand for hotel rooms the local hotels have a bit of a captive audience. This hotel struck out in nearly every category. When we arrived at the airport we called for the free shuttle. We were told the shuttle just left and it would be about 20 minutes. Meanwhile my husband's brother called to say he and his wife were on the shuttle which was a surprise because they had landed well over an hour and a half earlier. They waited over an hour for a slow ride. We sprung for a cab at $20. Then we tried to sign up for another free shuttle to the cruise dock on Saturday. We were told all the early shuttles were "sold out" yet they arranged for a van to take us for $40, and it was the same company running the so called free shuttle. Then they sold us $40 worth of tickets for a ride to the airport when we arrived back from the cruise. That ride never arrived and we had to again take a cab (another $20.00)! What a scam!
The room was adequate and clean but hardly worth the $225 per night price! The staff was harried and had very little information, including about the supposed free shuttle. The breakfast was pretty terrible and was a mob scene of aggressive cruisers lining up for buffet, as if it was their last meal! It was hard to find a seat. One hilarious benefit was sitting next to a very large woman who had just gotten off a cruise on the Royal Caribbean line, on which we were about to sail later that day. Despite the fact that she was a perfect stranger and I told her we were about to go on our first cruise and I was very apprehensive, she proceeded to launch a virtual diatribe about how horrible the cruise was and how much we would hate our cruise. Her poor husband sat in silence. My husband and I practically rolled on the floor after we left "Debbie Downer". This hotel is a horrible value. Skip it and its questionable practices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, non-smoking Marriott hotel offering large spacious work space and sleeping area with pull-out sofa, microwave, refrigerator and microwave. Perfect location for a pre-cruise stay, layovers, long-term stay or a quick getaway. The hotel is convenient to all major highways, beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment. Includes scheduled transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale Airport. Complimentary transportation to Port Everglades is available upon request. Return transportation from the cruise port is also provided for a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel Dania Beach
- Springhill Suites Dania Beach
- Dania Beach Springhill Suites