“Bad housekeeping and customer service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Bad housekeeping and customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights with my 2 year old and my mom. Of the 5 nights, only once we had sheets for the sofa bed, the others we had to call for them and wait at least 20-30 min to get them, while my daughter was tired and wanting to sleep. We complained about this several times, we even talked with the housekeeping manager and that is when finally the sofa bed wad ready when we got back to the hotel, but to our surprise the next day it happened again. After talking to whom I thought was a manager the only thing she was able to offer was $50 off our total stay, not even half a night!!!
I forgot to say that the first day we had maintenance come to fix the toilet, and that you can here when other toilets are flushed...
Never staying here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry about your experience with our housekeeping service in your room. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Kevin McKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Omaha NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we are cruisers who come from the northland for sun and sand therefore we go into FLL a day or two before embarkation to avoid travel delays that are constant during our winters. have stayed at this hotel a before but booked it again this year because of it's excellent location. cruisers are interested in a couple of things: free airport/cruiseport shuttles and decent rooms. this springhill is such a great location with many stores within walking distance, so it was excellent for us since we came in 2 days prior to the cruise. the rooms are awesome (small suite) and the bed is soooo comfortable. they give you a cold bottle of water when you check in, how's that for service. they also have a very efficient system of shuttles to the cruiseport so i feel they really cater to the cruise industry, which is exactly what we need when we book! booked this on hotwire and got a great rate which made it even better because this is a fabulous location and property!! if you don't mind crossing a street, there is a large mall with lots of stores available to choose from and a pretty nice little diner at the end of the mall (a bit of a walk to the diner but worth it!) after sitting on an airplane for several hours, it will be a nice little walkabout!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Happy Cruising!!

cape town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Booked this on Hotwire so got a good deal and the hotel is in an excellent location close to 95 and FLL.
Arrived very early after a red eye and was checked right in by the friendly front desk agent.
The room faced the highway and the noise was barely audible. The room was big and clean and had everything we needed.
The breakfast was crazy with the matching T-shirt cruise brigade, but we just grabbed coffee, fruit and bagels and enjoyed a peaceful breakfast in our room everyday.
We also asked for a late check out and it was no problem.
There was plenty of parking and restaurants within walking distance.
Overall a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for two nights. It is a little hard to find, as it is behind a Burger King and alongside I-95. The hotel staff was good, but the room left something to be desired. The TV in the bedroom was broken and the telephone next to the beds did not work the first night. I gave the front desk a note regarding those issues and they fixed them while I was out during the day. The beds were not comfortable and I did not sleep restfully the entire time. I was ready to get home after this one!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that you had a less than ideal experience. I can understand how frustrated you must have felt. Our mission is "To Impress the Guest" and in your case we failed to do that. Thank for reporting the problems you encountered.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Attempted to checkin early, the room wasnt ready so they took my name and number and called me when it was. I thought that was going above and beyond. The rooms were nice, we loved the extra desk space and second tv. The bathrooms were nice and amentities were adequate. Close to freeeway so access to anywhere was easy. Overall great price for the experience. Thanks marriott

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks again!

Norrkoping, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is very close to the heavy trafficated Highway 95. Our room was located against the highway, so we had a bit of road noise all the time. We stayed 5 nights, and there's a lot to see and do in Fort Lauderdale so it's also good to be close to the main roads.
The room was clean and nice, even though it was small for my family, which consists of 5 people. I would definitely ask for a room at a different direction next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the entrance side of the hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location. Thanks again and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The lobby was very nice and the staff was really really excellent
Great breakfast

The room was a bit dated, clean but the furniture, cabinetry and appliances all needed upgrades
The door on the frig cabinet was falling off and the couch in the sitting room was old and super uncomfortable
Plastic cups instead of glass? No class.
My view of the interstate really close was a bit noisy
I think for around the same money or just a bit more you could do better
But we enjoyed our shart stay

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the service provided by the staff. Thanks again and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!