“Average for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

Save Saved
You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
“Average for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The lobby was very nice and the staff was really really excellent
Great breakfast

The room was a bit dated, clean but the furniture, cabinetry and appliances all needed upgrades
The door on the frig cabinet was falling off and the couch in the sitting room was old and super uncomfortable
Plastic cups instead of glass? No class.
My view of the interstate really close was a bit noisy
I think for around the same money or just a bit more you could do better
But we enjoyed our shart stay

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the service provided by the staff. Thanks again and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
western new england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

They had to move me and gave me 5000 points for my trouble which I thought was quite nice of them. It's a busy place near the cruise port. Perfect for those waiting to get on cruise. Hope the ship doesn't break down a la Carnival.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologize for the inconvenience of having to move to a different room. I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks again!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel caters to people waiting to get onto a cruise and the airport. It is a true budget hotel. Basic breakfast and internet is included in the rate.
Hotel is clean. Rooms are very large and include a lounge, 2 large screen TV's and desk area.
The hotel is also very basic in its offerings. Perfect for the transit customer or the bargain hunter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and you'll consider staying with us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a decent hotel we stayed at for one night only after our cruise. When we arrived, the lobby was VERY busy with people leaving for the cruise port. It's not the Hilton, but our room and was clean, comfortable and spacious. Front desk staff seemed nice and stored our suitcases as we were way too early to check in. We had rented a car so we spent the day at Saw Grass Mills Mall. Hotel is in great location, close to the highway and airport. We drove to the Cheesecake factory for supper - not far at all! We left too early the next morning to take advantage of the breakfast.

I'd probably stay here again after a cruise. (I liked being down by the water at a different hotel before our cruise because we didn't have a car and were there 2 days early)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

western New York state
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

After a disastrous pre-cruise night at the Silver Spray (Hollywood, FL), we stayed at the Springhill Suites, Dania Beach (Ft. Lauderdale airport) for one night before flying home. While it didn't seem up to Marriott standards (the building must have been something else before being acquired by Marriott), it was adequate, clean and comfortable. The amenities were decent, the bed was comfy and it had a nice separate living area plus a microwave, refrig and sink. The staff was friendly and helped us get to and from the airport. Nice patio and pool area. Complimentary continental breakfast that looked fine. Close to shopping, other motels and restaurants. It was nice enough for what we wanted - just a place to crash until we left town the next day. Located right off the highway so there was some traffic noise but it wasn't obtrusive.

Room Tip: The hallways seemed busy and noisy during the day times but were quiet at night. They do a big busin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Palmerton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were laid over in Ft Lauderdale due to fog at JFK. Our start with hotel was very disappointing since we called to be picked up & were promised it would be there in 20 or less. We had to call a second time & we ended up waiting close to an hour. The rooms were nice & roomy with a nice desk & sitting area. Across the street is a strip mall with a good choice of eateries. We tried Dave & Buster's which was good but a bit of a hike. Just warning you be careful trying to cross the highway. The hot breakfast was good I was disappointed that Orange Juice machine was broken & they weren't smart enough to go to the store across the street to get some. I would stay here again but would hope they fix their issues. Although I didn't use it they did have a pool & jacuzzi but the jacuzzi was broken & the pool was small. The jacuzzi is another thing they should fix. Once these issues are fixed I would give the hotel a 4 instead if a 3.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our shuttle service and the maintenance issues you encountered. Please feel free to reach out to me here at the hotel so we may try to resolve your dissatisfaction.

Sao Jose Dos Campos, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at Springhill Suites during a business trip, and I liked very much this hotel. Its situated near the FLL Int. Airport, by the I-95, what makes it easy to reach. I had the opportunity to stay on a nice room with a little office with kitchen and a 2 Queen Size beds room. The breakfast is nice, and included on the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you'll consider staying with us on your next visit to the area.

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!