“Great place pre-cruise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

Save Saved
You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Ocoee, Florida, United States
“Great place pre-cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed and parked here for a cruise, much better hotel than the one we stayed at the previous night. Room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was satisfying. Only complaint was desk clerk was chatting about basketball with another staffer upon check-in and ignored us. Shutlle service to the port was great.

• Stayed January 2013
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, but I must also apologize for your arrival experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel so we can make it right for you and ensure this doesn't happen with our guests in the future. Otherwise, I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here by myself for one night. I felt completely safe. The hotel staff was very friendly and approachable. My room was clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast bar was well stocked and had lots of choices. My only complaint would be that my room door was very hard to open and close. I notified the staff and I would assume they have fixed that issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience of the maintenance issue you encountered.

Thank you again for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Dearborn, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

When going on a winter cruise, we always fly to Florida a day early. This time I was happy to find this property that will (1) pick you up at the airport and (2) take you to your ship.
It has many restaurants within easy walking distance as well as shops for any last minute pre-cruise purchases (like soda pop you can't take on an airplane).
Breakfast was very good
Airport pickup was OK, but you have to call the hotel once you have your luggage so it's a bit of a wait and you have to be sure to have their phone number (HINT!)
I was not overly pleased with the company that takes your to the ship. They should organize their groups based on the location of the ship, not to maximize the efficiency of their vans. Be sure to sign up for your ship transit when you check in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night just prior to our cruise in mid-January. Convenience is the biggest advantage and value at this property. Free pick up from the airport was timely and saved us taxi fare. Free shuttle to port also saved us taxi fare. Free breakfast was a plus. However, the rooms are a bit worn both decoratively and in terms of maintenance. We were watching TV in our room and heard a dripping noise or running water. Turned out to be water dripping into our tub from the ceiling (possibly room upstairs or plumbing pipes in ceiling?). We called the front desk who sent a person up right away. He confirmed there was a problem (appreciate the validation). They offered to move us at midnight which we declined. I appreciate the responsiveness and the offer, but it really should not happen. The front desk gave us free treats and water bottles to take with us to compensate for the inconvenience. I appreciated that gesture as well. Sometimes the response to a problem says the most about the property. But I hope they make some investments in the property.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm glad the staff responded accordingly to the maintenance issues in your room. I hope in the other aspects of your stay, we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area as well.

Western, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here the night before boarding our cruise. It was perfect for our needs. Airport pick up and transportaion to the port. Rooms were clean and in a great walking location to fast food and basic shopping. I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted your enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I hope we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights at Christmas time before going on a cruise. I called from the airport after retrieving our bags and the hotel shuttle van was there within 10 minutes. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with our room selection at check in and provided directions to us for the beach/shopping. The room was clean and bed comfy. One minor issue we had was the remote did not work or the TV. I called the desk and maintence was up to replace it with in 15 minutes. The breakfast was very good with a lot of choices. The waffles were wonderful. Staff was working hard, replenishing what was needed. Dania beach was a 5 minute drive and SO beautiful!! There were lifeguards on duty. Also Seminole Hard Rock Casino is any easy 15 minute ride straight down the street. Lots of food venues there. Across the street from Springhill is a Big Lots, where you can buy a bottle of wine for $5, a Kmart, Old Navy, Home Goods and smaller stores. It's called Oakwood Plaza. The location for this hotel is good, ESP if you are going on a cruise. We enjoyed our stay here. The pool is heated, so we were ale to swim, which was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks also for your comments about our staff. They do work very hard. Thanks again and I really hope you'll consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Bloomfield Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise. Among the reasons we chose this specific hotel were that it offers suites suitable for a family of four, provides free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port. In addition, it is within walking distance (about 15 minutes through a shopping center) to restaurants. These features met our needs and so this hotel could be considered by those seeking something similar. However, there were some things which could have been better: 1) The rooms are not quite as nice or as large as those at some similar competing properties in the area where we have stayed in the past. 2) The breakfast was very crowded and not quite as good as that offered at some of the competing properties. 3) Although we didn't use it on this trip the pool area was not as nice as at some other properties. So the trade off here turned out to be the free transport to the cruise port (most of the hotels in the area offer airport transportation) but not quite as nice accomodations.

Room Tip: There are busy roads around this property. A room on a higher floor might have less noise. Rooms f...