“Not Marriott's Best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport

Save Saved
You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Not Marriott's Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Positive: Close to the airport. Good Breakfast. Nice pool. Sitting areas with separate sleeping area. Small kitchenette. Sink and mirror separate from shower/commode. Free WIFI. Water bottle and snack to Elite members upon check-in.

Negatives: Very dated. Burger King and Chipotle are the only food within walking distance. Crowded with cruise passengers. Staff is efficient but not overly helpful or warm.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about out hotel. I'm delighted that you found the hotel's amenities and location to your liking. I'm sorry you were less satisfied with our service and that the decor was not more updated. We hope to have a renovation soon. With regard to the staff, our goal is to impress our guests and in this case we obviously did not succeed. For that, I am sorry. I hope you'll give us another opportunity in the future to show you what Marriott service is typically truly about.

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Orange Park
1,149 helpful votes 1,149 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a hotel that is very popular with people getting ready to board a cruise . Hotel is located near the port and also near restaurants and shops. All the rooms have bedroom and living room accommodations with small kitchen area. Since hotel is located just off of I-95 you are minutes away from most area attractions. The service at the front desk is warm and very friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the nice things you had to say about the staff and I'm delighted you found our hotel's location and amenities to your liking.

Thanks again and please consider us for your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Got this room with Priceline-Love this hotel-friendly staff, free parking, free internet and free breakfast! Good selection for breakfast too so it's good for family travel. Bad thing is the AC in my room was super loud that I could't sleep much at all and I woke up with headache and backache...NOT HAPPY! I thought I am supposed to get good rest and get ready for the next day. The room is 506- do not stay in that room!

Room Tip: Don't stay 506!
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I'm sorry you experienced trouble with the air conditioning unit in your room but I'm glad you were satisfied with the other aspects of your stay. I have had our maintenance staff check the unit in the room you mentioned and the issue causing the noise has been resolved.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and we hope you'll consider us for your next visit to the area.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stay in a lot of Marriott properties but it’s been a long time since I’ve stayed at a Springfield Suites, so maybe this is typical, but I don’t know. The staff at the desk were very friendly. I was given two bottles of water at check-in, a nice touch (maybe for being a Marriott elite member?). When I pulled into the hotel, I feared lots of highway noise because of the closeness to 95, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were the usual hotel noises: humming and buzzing and whirring and such, but I couldn’t hear the highway. The décor in the hotel is dated and the furniture in my room was tired, but for the price it was a decent, comfortable stay. I had to leave before taking advantage of the morning offerings (would have only had cereal and coffee anyway). I noticed what appeared to be a decent pool. There is free wifi, which is always appreciated. It's very convenient to the airport, and there is a shuttle (I didn't use it).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you found the hotel to your liking. Please consider using us for your next trip to the area. Thanks again for taking time to provide your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

After arriving at Fort Lauderdale airport after 18 hours of flying we went to get the shuttle to the hotel.Shuttle was full so we just waited and waited and waited until after about 50 mins we figured they must not be coming back! We then caught a taxi which was an awful experience as the driver did not want to take us to the hotel as it was too quick a trip and he would not make enough money out of it! $27.00 later and we were at the hotel and then advised if we had got a receipt they would of reimbursed us? so as we had booked through expedia they could not give us anything.They booked us on the shuttle to the port the next day at 1pm (as thats all thats was left) and we went to our room. Room was fine with plenty of space and a comfortable bed.Next morning we went to breakfast around 7am before the crowd and had plenty to eat.After breakfast as we had plenty of time we went across the road to the small shopping centre and looked around and got any last minute things we had forgotten and headed back.THe reception was filled to capacity with people waiting for their cruise and we just stayed in our room until we had to checkout and then came downstairs and as most people had left just waited about 30 mins for cruise transfer.Not sure why everyone wanted to be at cruise terminal at 10-1030am as by going later we were dropped off first and in less than 10 mins were in our room on board the allure of the seas and relaxed and refreshed.More than happy with the price and if I am back for another cruise I will book this hotel and be better armed for the airport pickup!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your pre-cruise stay. I'm sorry you had difficulty with our shuttle service. It does tend to fill up quickly on the airport runs during our busy season. I'm glad you are considering us for your next stay and we hope to see you very soon.

Thanks again,
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice in a gap of one week. I choose this hotel mainly because it is near to Ft. Lauderdale airport and they provide a shuttle for airport. I was on a business trip and I had to fly to a couple of destinations in Caribbean for which the flight departs from Ft. Lauderdale. I found this hotel very convenient as I can reach the airport in just 10 min and don't need to drive by myself. They provide a suite with semi-kitchen which was good enough for a business stay. The rooms are very good, I was lucky that I got a room with king size bed though I was staying alone. The breakfast is excellent. Gym is small but you won't find many using that. The Internet sucks badly except during the late night hours. I decided to choose the same hotel when I was back from my trip for a short stay in Florida. There are good restaurants nearby as well some quick shopping. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you found our location and facilities suitable to your needs and I hope you will choose us again the next time you're in the area. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our internet service. I agree it can be slow at times. We are, however, in the midst of an upgrade to our internet service which should be complete by mid January.

Thanks again,
New Brunswick, CANADA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Upon our arrival at the Fort Lauderdale Airport to catch our flight home, we learned that our flight had been cancelled due to mechanical problems. The airline put us up in this hotel. We were very pleased. The location is near many eateries and large shopping district. As for the hotel itself, it is an all suite establishment therefore large spacious rooms with seating area with sofa and television, desk and mini kitchen. Then the sleeping area was separate with two large beds and another television. Everything was very clean and accommodating. The buffet breakfast in the morning was plentiful. The outside area was very nice with large mature trees on the grounds. The pool area could have used a bit of "tlc" but it did have character. The hotel offers a shuttle to the airport as well. Very nice place....would recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and staff. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you in your time of need. We are always open to welcoming distressed airline passengers and we are glad our location was suitable to your needs. Thanks again and please consider us on your next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Kevin McKay

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!