You added Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport to your Saves list
Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   151 Southwest 18th Court, Dania Beach, FL 33004 (Formerly Stirling Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am an avid Marriott customer. Very disappointed in this property. Clean, but very dated! Just not up to Marriott's standards! Cruise transport service is good! Breakfast area not big enough and no one cleaning tables.

Room Tip: Cruise transport service excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We are scheduled for a renovation in early to mid 2013. Hopefully, we'll get the opportunity to serve you then. Please feel free to contact me personally if you'd like to share any other feedback.

Kevin M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

as someone who travels constantly for work, i am no stranger to the ups and downs of hotel life. this property, however, deserves some serious scrutiny.
when i decided to take a shower, i noticed some pubic hair in the tub. gross, but not the first time this has happened. i rinsed it down the drain, stepped in, looked up, and saw pubic hair above my head - stuck to the ceiling of the shower. absolutely disgusting. i couldn't look away for fear that it would fall on me.
after i washed up, i called the front desk and asked them to send someone to clean it up. i left the hotel and returned five hours later, to find that the door to my room had been left ajar by the housekeeping staff who cleaned the pubic hair. yes, the door to my room - which contained jewelry, a brand new ipad, money, my identification, etcetera - had been left open for five hours. unbelievable.
so what did the hotel say to the pubic hair nastiness and breach of security? "whoops. sorry. we'll talk to housekeeping".
unacceptable customer service. i will never stay in a marriott again. totally inexcusable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. You're absolutely right that the issues you encountered with your room are inexcusable. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Dania Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I work throught Florida and was looking for a hotel near the airport for easy access for an early flight in the morning. I normally stay in Marriott hotel during my travels. My Executive Assistant booked this hotel. When I arrived, I could tell this hotel was not the typical Marriott properity. The apprearance of the hotel looked dirty. When checking in, they had me booked for a double room and when I requested a king room, the gentleman took care of the request. However, the room is a bit out dated as was the impression of the hotel lobby area when checking in. When arriving in my room, there is an odd smell and there is a very large crack in the shower wall. One last thing, the internet is very slow here for anyone who needs to rely on good service to complete work details. I'm not one to complain but would not suggest this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me personally so that we may work together to find a way to rectify the situation.

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Hotel which was sold out (5 minute drive). Very convenient just off I-95 and 10 minutes to beautiful Dania Beach. Hotel was decorated for Halloween and looked great. Rooms were very large, with suite style sofa, chair, two televisions, two bureaus, West Bar and Desk. Room was very quiet except we did hear people coming down the hall from the football game lat at night. Pool was clean, well appointed, and peaceful. Complimentary breakfast was very good, lots of hot items to chose from. Staff at checkin very nice. Would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces route I-95 and could be noisy. We, however did not experience this on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We love knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. I appreciate that you've taken your valuable time to to provide us with your feedack. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I agree with most of the reviews this far about this hotel. It is a bit dated, yet for the most part very clean and well lit. There are all the amenities one would need in a hotel room. I just found a few things off. In the shower there was a large mark on the wall that looks like there may have been a crack and someone tried to repair it and its not very attractive. Also I thought it was weird that the sink was completely separate from the bathroom and its out in the open so if you needed privacy for cleansing purposes at the sink you were not provided that. All in all the hotel was fine, free shuttle to the pier great, breakfast just ok

• Stayed October 2012
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We love knowing that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. We appreciate your business and your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Lady Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

A very nice hotel, well mainted property in a good and convenient location. Free breakfast, wifi, and parking which is what most expect, but several of the other hotels around the airport area seem to have the need to still charge for parking and wifi. Fortunately, this one does not. Rooms are very nice, all are suites.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. It's always nice to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again very soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just got back from a 2 night stay at Springhill Suites. The rooms are not fancy, but are mostly spacious and clean. The customer service was excellent from the front desk to housekeeping. Every time I walked into the door they gave me a fresh bottle of water. The only weakness in the hotel is the sparse breakfast included.

• Stayed October 2012
Kevin M, General Manager at Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate the value and service we strive very hard to provide. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Been to Springhill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport? Share your experiences!