“Comfortable and convenience stay!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Griffin Road, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Comfortable and convenience stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Spent the night at this hotel with my family before our early flight the next morning at the Hollywood-Fort Lauderdale International Airport. I was able to get the hotel's AARP rate which saved us money. Our room, which came with a coffee machine, was spacious and clean. The double beds were very comfortable. The staff was very courteous. Booked our stay through the hotel's website.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Lack luster service, $15 for parking, $10 for slow Internet even though the reservation recording says there is free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel smells old and the rooms smell like a cigar bar even though they are non smoking rooms. The vending machine room smelled like a moldy old mop room. It looked like one too.
I checked out first thing in the morning.
I should have listens to the reviews on Foursquare. Pick another hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback, please know we value your comments and we have taken note of your experience. Your comments and suggestions have been reviewed with our hotel leaders. As a Sheraton we are a smoke-free building however on occasions we have guest that do not adhere to our policy. My apologies your room was not to standards. Your feedback has assisted us in ensuring service is reviewed and improved for all our guests. We appreciate you taking time to share with us your observations and experience during your stay. Please accept my most sincere apology for any short falls in service you experienced.

Best Regards,

JGarcia
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel. The lobby, room and breakfast in the morning were just fine. The property looks to cater to most those doing overnighters to/from cruises. I am a Platinum SPG member and did nto get any upgrade, but did get the appropriate ammenties for my level. The room was typcial for a sherator, but nice. I did not see any deferred maintenace or notice anything that I would not expect for this type/class of hotel. The breakfast was good and the servers were very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very close to both the FLL airport and Port Everglades cruise port, the Sheraton big plus is a very comfy bed, either two double beds or a king. Perfect bed for sleep and relaxation before or after a cruise. Nice big pool area and a hottub, both outside. Parking is an extra $15 nightly but can get waived if asked nicely. Lobby restaurant offers comfort meals at reasonable prices. Buffet is offered for breakfast for $19 or so. Dennys is across the highway one exit south.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I live in Miami but I travel frequently out of Fort Lauderdale Airport. I don't stay at this hotel because I live very close, but every time I travel I leave my car park there for a few days until I come back. The customer service at the concierge is excellent. Their shuttles run really often, and the price is fair. I will definitely recommend this hotel only based in their customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I only stayed here for one night because of a flight cancellation that resulted in an extremely long layover. However, I really wish I could have stayed longer. The complimentary shuttle service from the airport is so convenient and the driver Adkens was prompt and friendly. Throughout my stay, I was greeted by smiling faces. The lobby bar had great food and drinks. The bartenders and waiters were great. Christina, Dany, and Harold were so attentive and made sure I was comfortable. The day of my flight, Nohemy kept me company and took the time to talk to me even though she was busy. I'm sure they get a lot of guests here, but I never felt rushed or that I was one of many. Although the facilities are nice, clean, and comfortable, the service here is what impressed me the most. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel for your travel needs. Please know we value your comments. Glad to hear our hotel, the service staff and the services the hotel provides met your expectations. This is always our goal. Also want to thank you for recognizing our staff doing a great job. We look forward another opportunity to be of service. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

Best Regards,

JGarcia
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is located is conveniently close to the airport. Very clean,up to date furniture. The food in the restaurant and service was excellent. Robert Espinoza the gentleman who assisted with my luggage was excellent. Staff was very friendly and polite. My only complaint was walls are so thin you hear the neighbors very loud

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!