“Negative reviews??? People are so hard to please!!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hudson, NH
“Negative reviews??? People are so hard to please!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I want to start off by saying that I am SHOCKED by all the negative reviews of this hotel. I am not associated with this hotel whatsoever so my review comes from first-hand experience. I am not expecting a free night's stay, I am just being honest. You can review other reviews I have written to see that I travel quite often. The only thing that I can attest is that I am a positive person so things tend to go my way. If you do your research, face life positively, then you will be rewarded. Staying at this hotel was no exception.
My husband and I stayed at this hotel prior to a cruise on April 19th and 20th. That gave us two nights to experience this wonderful hotel. We were picked up at the airport within five minutes of our phone call. The front desk staff was amazing each time we spoke with them. We never waited long. We were an hour early but still got our room early. We were expecting to sit at the bar, which we ended up doing anyway. We ate at the bar and the burger and cuban sandwich were absolutely delicious. The bartenders were very friendly. We used the taxi service to go to the Hard Rock Cafe which cost us $15 each way (plus tip). That was pretty reasonable. We also used a taxi the second evening to visit our friends who were staying at a different hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Without giving the other hotel's name, they were staying at a cruise port hotel. Their hotel was approximately $20 less expensive than ours but did not carry half the amenities this hotel has. Granted, they were downtown and within walking distance to many restaurants. As I said, do your research. This is an airport hotel so you will most likely need to take a taxi to eat out. The hotel does offer the free shuttle to go to a local mall but we did not use it as we were visiting our friends.
I could not wait to come home to write this review because I want to steer people in the right direction.
We had to pay for breakfast which was $10 per person each day as we are SPG members. The buffet was decent and was definitely worth the money. It's not five star, but it's not a continental breakfast either. There are scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, toast, cofffee, juice, muffins, fruit, cereal, etc. If people do not think this is worth $10, then they are crazy. It's all about convenience.
We went to the pool and spent a lot of time relaxing there. It was very nice, warm, clean and a good size.
The little store in the hotel was very nice and the staff was very friendly there also. They do not sell alcohol in the store so you need to bring your own or buy it at a liquor store.
Our room was beautiful. The toilet ran the first night which we didn't mind because we normally sleep with a fan and need the noise to sleep. It wasn't too noisy. The bed was extremely comfortable and the television had a good variety of channels and was a perfect size for the room.
We were not on the club level but did still take advantage of the amenities. We got a snack the first night since they are open on weekdays in the evenings. There was soda, water and light wrapped snacks that we could enjoy. We didn't have to pay for water or soda in the soda machines. I bet people may complain about not being on the club level. There is this machine called an elevator that took us to the club level.
We arranged our transportation to the cruise port the evening before our cruise. Again, I have seen that people complained about this because they didn't plan ahead. Our ride to the cruise cost us $10 each. It was on time, great service and very comfortable.
The hotel lobby was beautiful and very inviting. This isn't a party hotel so the bar is located in the entrance where people can sit and enjoy a cocktail or have a delicious lunch.
Thank you so much for going above our expectations. We completely enjoyed our stay and will DEFINITELY come back when we are in the area!!! There are too many negative people that will bash this hotel and it's really too bad. Things happen, like a toilet running, but it's not a big deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale. Please know we value your comments. Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and services provided during your stay. I am also happy to hear our team was able to assist and exceed your expectation. We are looking forward to your return next year. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

JGarcia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ok, I got this on a last minute deal, and it is convenient to the airport, but I can't say anything else positive. I'm just here overnight, but this is more like a Days Inn than a Sheraton. Stained walls, mold in bathroom. Furniture I have not seen since college dorm room days. Gross. Needs to be remodeled, or rebranded as a lower level chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feedback, please know we value your comments. Thank you for selecting our hotel for your travel needs, it is appreciated! Please know we have taken note of your experience and your suggestions and the areas mentioned have been addressed. I am also excited to report our hotel is scheduled for a refresh in 2013. It is my hope you will have another opportunity to visit when all is completed. Once again thank!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a very nice hotel for what it is. For the second time we stayed prior to a transatlantic cruise and found it most suitable on all accounts. Although sandwiched between the airport and a major interstate highway, it is quite quiet and the little noise there is does not affect your rest. If possible ask for an upper floor away from the interstate. The room was clean and comfortable and was just like most Sheratons - no more or less. The staff was efficient and friendly and kept us informed while waiting for the cruiseport shuttle. The shuttle has limited seating and leaves only once an hour, but they will provide alternate transportation for you at the same price, if the van's seats are filled. We only had a light meal, so it was difficult to judge the restaurant. We were surprised with a free breakfast for being a gold level Sheraton customer. All in all a good choice for overnights. However without a car you are isolated.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale and taking time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Your comments are appreciated. Please know we have taken note of your experience and suggestions. The hotel is located in the vicinity of a major airport; to provide options to our guest a complimentary shuttle to a local mall is offered. Once again thank you for staying with us!

Best Regards

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at your hotel for a few days before leaving on our cruise. I must say when I called for a shuttle at the airport he arrived exactly when they told me he would. He pulled up and helped with our bags. We had quite a few and my wife was busy with our young son. He introduce himself to us and it was very nice to have a driver help us and tell us not to worry he would take care of the bags. His name was Adam and he was very polite to my family and I. I noticed that his name tag said he was connected to the military which was nice because I also served and his attitude toward his job was very positive. Adam also helped get our luggage from the room downstairs the day we left for our cruise. I would recommend your Hotel to all my friends and look forward to the next time my family and I come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel for your travel needs. Please know we value your comments. I am very happy to hear our hotel and the services the hotel provides met your expectations. This is always our goal. Also want to thank you for recognizing our staff doing a great job and provided you “Outstanding Service”. We look forward another opportunity to be of service. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

Chesapeake Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The room design was very dated. The furniture looked old and worn. I can't imagine how long the burgandy velvet drapes had been hanging in the guestroom. There was mildew on the bathroom caulking, and a big crack in the bathroom sink. The bathroom fan was very loud as was the toilet when flushed. The public spaces were worn looking and the carpet in the restaurant was worn and filthy. It's not a place I'd stay at again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel and taking time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Your comments are appreciated. Please know we have taken note of your experience, suggestions and all concerns have been addressed with our hotel leaders. Please accept my most sincere apology we did not meet all your expectations. I am also excited to report our hotel is scheduled for a refresh later this year. It is my hope you will have another opportunity to visit when all is completed. Once again thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here before our cruise and were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. Appreciated the free shuttle to the hotel from the airport, arranged with just one call and a short wait. Check-in was made pleasant by Paul at the front desk even though one of our rooms was not quite ready.

The restaurant in the hotel was excellent; the four of us each had different entrees and all were very tasty and wonderfully served by our waiter, Norman.

We took the shuttle to the ship on Sunday, along with half the hotel! If you want a less busy transit, don't go at noon. Also, the elevators do get busy so plan to leave earlier or you'll be waiting a while for one.

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel for your travel needs. Please know we value your comments. We are glad to hear our hotel, the service staff and the services the hotel provides met your expectations. This is always our goal. Also want to thank you for recognizing our staff doing a great job. It is appreciated! We look forward another opportunity to be of service. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed overnight to meet friends coming in for a cruise. When you first arrive be prepared to be confused. You enter a common driveway to an office building. Stay to the right and take a parking ticket to enter the property (including to pull up to the front entrance), or just park in the lot and carry your bags in.

Once you walk through the doors all is well. Checking in was fast as it was mid week and there were no cruise passengers checking in or out. The room was pretty standard but clean. The bed was a bit uncomfortable for us (too hard) but others may like that.

There is a great lobby bar to meet and greet friends etc. Happy hour (two for one) and bar snacks too. We did not try the restaurant but it looked pretty typical for a hotel of this type. The pool area is very nice with lots of chairs etc. The health club is a separate building next to the pool. It is very small with a very meager amount of equipment and space.

I would not stay for a vacation but certainly would for a 1-3 night trip to the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dakota3496,

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale. Please know we value your comments. It is great to hear our location, amenities and service met your travel needs. I have shared your comments with our staff and we thank you for choosing the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport hotel. We look forward to having you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#24 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 607 reviews
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port
Crowne Plaza Fort Lauderdale Air...
#25 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 810 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!