“Service is the key ingredient” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Griffin Road, Dania Beach, FL 33004   |
Ranked #9 of 17 hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore
“Service is the key ingredient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I flew in from Washington DC to Ft. Lauderdale for vacation to celebrate my girlfriends birthday. I originally booked a 3 night stay at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation Florida. However, when I attempted to checked-in I was informed that there was sometime of "emergency" with my room, and they were booked to capacity for the night. I was offered a free night stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport. I was considerably frustrated because I had specifically booked that hotel for the suite amenities (Jacuzzi tub). Despite, my frustration the staff at Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport compensated for my check-in woes. The management staff were as accommodating as possible. The bar and wait staff in the restaurant provided four star service. Yet, it was the service of the front desk staff notably Carolyn Mandy that made my stay worth while. She was receptive enough to pick up on my frustration and went the extra mile to make me feel comfortable. She offered us all of the hotel compliments and made up for our downgrade in room ( I originally booked a suite) by allowing us access to all of the features in the Hotel. I was informed that my one night stay at Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Airport would be extended because the mysterious "emergency" at Sheraton Suites in Plantation was still "on-going". So again Mrs. Mandy went the extra mile to make up for the Inconvenience.I felt the hotel itself was standard. The rooms were clean and the interior provided decent aesthetics. There wasn't anything exceptional about the hotel other than it's great location to I-95 and the airport. On my third day I was finally allowed to check in to my original hotel. Regardless of all the challenges, I can say that I was able to enjoy my vacation because of two things 1) the hotel service was extraordinary. 2) my girlfriend was a good sport.

Room Tip: All of the 12th Floor rooms are extraordinary
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale. Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel and services provided during your stay. I am happy to hear the hotel and our staff met your expectation. I also want to thank you for recognizing our team members doing a great job. I can not express how much this means to our team. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

631 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We held our wedding reception here on Feb 2, 2013, and our family and friends flew in from all over the world. We loved the Free Shuttle Service To/From the FLL Airport, and the substantial breakfast options. The beds were extremely comfortable to our guests who had made very long journeys to come to our celebration. However, the TRUE heroes were Janira Lieberman-Clemente and Stacey Aaron who worked night and day to ensure our every wish was taken care of, from early/late checkins/checkouts, room upgrade requests (we LOVE the SUITES!!! The duplex level suites are SO decadent). We also got to include our furry adorable puppy into the reception thanks to the Sheraton's lenient pet policy. Overall from start to finish, Stacey Aaron and Janira Lieberman-Clemente were a bride's blessing, as they took so much off of my plate and onto their own without a single miss. We loved their attitudes, friendliness and the way they treated our event as if it were their own. We love them, and would recommend them to ANYONE!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Wow! Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale and thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and services provided during your stay. We have shared your comments the staff mentioned. 100% satisfaction is always our goal, I am happy to hear our team achieved our goal and made this a memorable occasion for you, your family and friends. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale.

Once again thank you for your feedback and congratulations!

Douglas MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is old and run down. It needs a face lift. My carpet in the room is stained and the rooms feel old. Average room. The guy in front of me upon check in had lost his room key which someone used and stole half of his belongings! He had a bad day. The hotel has a parking gate and we were supposed to have free parking ... Two days in a row the roomkey didn't activate the gate...last night my room key didn't work when I got back to the room. Overall not impressed . But on say we flew on early and stayed at the Westin Fort Lauderdale and was much nicer the staff was great and the rooms were bigger and clean! Much better experience and they have Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby... This place charges $5.00 for a coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, please know we value your comments. Thank you for selecting our hotel for your travel needs, it is appreciated! Please know we have taken note of your experience and will continue to work until we achieve 100% satisfaction. Your suggestions and the areas mentioned have been addressed. I am also excited to report our hotel is scheduled for a refresh in 2013. It is my hope you will have another opportunity to visit when all is completed. Once again thank!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I first made this reservation on the Sheraton website but found it cheaper on Hotels.com. Sheraton beat the price and gave me 2000 points! Great way to start the trip. Staff could not be nicer. Manager made himself available to me. There was a used glass in the room on check in, they moved me to a new room and gave the three of us free breakfast for the trouble. They may have lost $ on my trip but these guys could not do enough for us. The next day the head housekeeper came to our room and checked up to make sure everything was OK. Breakfast had a lot of choices and hot foods and many fresh fruits and yogurt so, everyone was happy. Super big pool and a great hot tub as well. property was very clean and the bar was pretty active. They charge extra fro internet and parking but give u the choice of one free if you are a SPG member. I liked this place will say here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Be a SPG member for extra perks at this hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale. Please know we value your comments. Thank you selecting our hotel for your travel needs and taking time to provide us with your feedback. It is appreciated!

Moncton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We found the hotel through Hotwire...booking from out of town. Excited about staying at a Sharaton for less than $120. Sleep accommodations were adequate...tired/grungy carpet but bed was comfy. Bathroom gross! Call to front desk earned quick action. Housekeeping came but couldn't clean the black mold from between tiles and around toilet. We did get our $15.00 parking fee waived. Walls thin enough that you could hear toilets flushing and TV from next door.
On another search - I'd choose a hotel that included breakfast and free Wifi. In this day and age, charging for that is unacceptable.
Sheraton should reassess it's policies AND send inspectors to check room cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SFA1825, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

We are in receipt of your comments and would like to thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. As a guest at the Sheraton we value your comments. Please know we have taken note of your experience and the areas you have mentioned have been addressed. In addition, I would like to thank you for sharing your view reference to Wi-Fi. As an option, all Sheratons provide complimentary Wi-Fi access at the Link / business center located in the lobby of the hotel. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Although we overall liked our stay there as we were very tired and didn't care so much about some of the aged furniture - like easy chairs and carpet, we were also very hungry. Walked and walked in search for a restaurant - any restaurant. Finally found a pricey seafood place. Otherwise convenient location for airport and our cruise ship port.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here before a cruise in Feb 2013. The hotel itself is clean with pretty standard rooms. However the big negative for us was that it is not located close by anything. You cannot walk anywhere and there is not great food options in the hotel itself. So we had to cab it everywhere which was costly. The website seemed a bit misleading about the local area - at least to me.

On the plus side, they do serve breakfast and the buffet was quite good. The guest service team hooked us up with a driver who was a flat fee transport which ended up working out great. He was a good resource on best places to eat, shop and go to spend some time. His name was Richard but he doesn't work for Sheraton itself.

We sat out by the pool for an afternoon and they provide pool towels which was nice. There is a complimentary business centre which was good as well. But if you are flying in for a cruise, this is not the best location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your feed back on your recent stay at the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale. Please know we value your comments. Thank you for your positive comments on the hotel and services provided during your stay. I am also happy to hear our team was able to assist with information on options to reach area restaurants and shops although a cab was required. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated!

JGarcia

Been to Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!